Saturday, January 12, 2008

Go Pats!!

Tonight is opening night of the playoffs and the Pats are at home against the Jaguars! Its a night game which means that in addition to my usual four hour afternoon meditation, I have to try and squeeze in another hour or two so I can stay up late enough to catch all the action. Fortunately, I was able to achieve a deep state of meditation and, gosh, it appears that I AM as big as a couch. Mom thought it would be a good idea if I showed my team spirit by wearing her Patriots jersey. NOT! Hey, come on, I'm not one of those phoofy dress up doggies. I'm the real deal and I either go around in just my collar or... NAKED! I reluctantly agreed, but only if I could wear it as a cape - I am SUPER PATRIOTS FAN!!

[Mom - Actually, buddy, even though its a large, I couldn't get it over your big self any other way]

Some of you purists might notice that my jersey is #87, Ben Coates. Yes, yes, YES!! I know that he no longer plays for the Pats (jeez! I do read the sports, you know), but its the only jersey we have. Besides, I think it kinda suits me. After all, Ben Coates was a great tight end and, ahem... well... ladies?

7 comments:

Maggie & Mitch said...

We're NY Giants fans so we'll be putting our jersey's on tomorrow, Mango! Wow - do you wear an XXL size?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dory and Liza said...

Mango - You are right he was and you are a great, ehem, er, tight end. Just so you don't feel too bad my mom went to the same college as Tom Brady and instead of Pats gear she dresses me up in a University of Michigan jersey because while we route for the Pats she lusts after Tom. Go figure. I never understand the humans.

Catch ya later -

Dory the LabraDory

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Thanks for coming to visit my blog! I am a Pat fan too!
right now they are 7-7.
I love to take long naps too, but sure 4 hours is a looooong nap!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Peanut said...

Oh my I am sure the ladies are loving that picture of your tight end. :)

Amber-Mae said...

You sure are as big as the couch! Good thing you didn't sleep on the couch or else it may collapse, heehee! Good luck to your team Mango!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

ChaChi Lu said...

HI Mango!

Great to meet you! We are amazed at your size...would you be our friend if you promise not to chew us like a toy?

~Chachi Lu Pink Champagne and JET

Randi said...

Hi Mango! That sure is some cutie-patootie tight end!

& I guess you are as big as the couch! That's awesome! I think you should CLAIM the couch as you own if you don't do it already!

Love ya Mango!

Love & Licks,
Randi