Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sunshine at Last!

First a note to Peanut. I spent most of the day yesterday thinking about your challenge, but I just couldn't do it. The truth is, that being Mango is really great and I can't imagine being anybody else. The place where I live is also perfect for me. I have a big yard, the weather is good, lots of good doggie stores, so there you go. Sorry, buddy, maybe your next challenge will be more up my alley.


After walkies this morning we loaded up into the Mastiff Mobile to go Soldier Shopping. The son of one of Mom's human coworkers is stationed in Afghanistan and so a bunch of the work humans adopted his entire troop. Every month they send a few dozen boxes of goodies off to help remind the soldiers that we're thinking about them. We're never sure exactly what a soldier in Afghanistan would want, so we get different stuff for our box every month. Here's what we got this month.

Back home you can see that my yard is almost free of snow. Finally!What snow is left, you can walk on and it tastes good. Note here that the snowbank around my Observation Deck is still almost high enough to walk right onto the deck (not that I would ever do that - worse than going up stairs).I was so happy that I was just a big stripey blur and it was hard to get a good shot of my handsome self dancing around the yard.Ah, feels so good to feel grass again!!!!

6 comments:

Randi said...

Oh Mango- I love that tummy shot of you...Its so nice that your ma & her coworker peoples are thinking of the soldiers..My mom/secretary does that stuff too..she has friends over there & has send countless boxes of jerky & poptarts...

You are experiencing a real warm up in the NE! Down here in the SW I still have my grass too..but its kinda brown.

Love all your pics Mango! You are fantastic!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Maggie & Mitch said...

Enjoy that grass, Mango! We hear snow is in the forecast for Monday and we are just thrilled about it but somehow we don't think that you will be!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

That is a lot of great stuff you bought for the guys in afghanistan!! I think they will love it!

Abby and Jack said...

Hi Mango! I am an Italian Mastiff! Great eye! Daddy thinks you are an English Mastiff. Is he correct! Agilitiy sounds like fun but Daddy isn't interested in agility. He thought about doing Shitzen training with me, but he doesn't really have time.

Abby and Jack said...

You've been tagged! Come visit our blog for the info!

Abby and Jack

Abby and Jack said...

Happy Valentines Day Mango!

Thanks for stoppin by!

Jack and Abby