Thursday, February 21, 2008

Brain Exercise

I meant to post this last night, but the internet was soooo slow that my blogger kept timing out and I couldn't upload any photos! No worries. None of my neighbors are hogging my bandwidth at 5:00 AM! No walkies yesterday morning for Mango! Momma said that I had been verrrry bad the past couple days by either pulling her or head butting her from behind and she didn't want to "deal with me." Oh bah! The reason I was pulling was because with all the snow melted there are just too many good sniffies and the reason I was head butting was because, well, its fun!

Anyhoo, she said we were going to work on my brain powers in the Big Yard by doing my moves. I agreed. Provided that she bring the camera.

Just to warm up, started with a couple of spins.

Next, she brought out the POINTING STICK. When the pointing stick points at something, I'm supposed to touch it with my nose. This is harder than it looks, because I am only a good dog if I touch the end of the stick, not the middle. I don't really know what this is good for, but it does involve hot dogs, so, I'm there! Sometimes I get a little too into things and try to touch the stick before its pointing at anything.
Point/touch, point /touch...

I'm actually pretty good at this, if I do say so, but its hard to photograph because my most handsome self takes up the entire frame and I am sooo quick to be a good doggie. That said, I get bored with it sooner than Mamma and I have to sit back and communicate with her, "enough point/touch already."Next up, put my footies on, among other things, the Observation Deck. Piece of cake.


Then we had to practice getting a hot dog with just my lips so I don't hurt Mommas fingers with my toothies.



Here's one that I just got yesterday. For about a year, Momma has been trying to communicate with me that she wanted me to do something while I was sitting, but I didn't know what!!! Then a lightbulb went off and I put my footie in her hand and I was a GOOD DOG! I did that one over and over I was so happy we had finally communicated.


About this time, Momma started whining that it was only 17 degrees out and the suds I got on her fingers had frozen them solid (they do look sort of blue) and she couldn't hold the camera anymore (whimp). So she got on her mittens and we finished up sans photos. Happy to report that I was a very good doggie and executed some more spins, some weave poles, recalls, finishes, and even a short sit / stay! Then my brain really was tired.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. I heard there is big snow coming in today! I am worried about Momma because she is going to training (maybe agility?) out west of 495 and big snow makes it harder to get through the 495 force field. Maybe she will get out of school early? Master will be home with me because he can't work due to Tender Knife Twist in his wrist (more about that some other time). Hope he keeps my Observation Deck clear for me.

7 comments:

cookie said...

Mango, you are so talented. You must work with your mom alot, to get her trained so well.
I'm glad you finally got her to show you what she wanted you to do with your foot.
Sometimes humans are a little on the slow side.

Cookie and crew

Patience-please said...

Oh we love the poit and touch game! But we have the same problem with our Servant: ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

wags from the whippets

Sophie Brador said...

Mango, You're crossing your eyes in one of those photos. It's very funny!

xo
SB

Maggie & Mitch said...

You're very good with this pointing stick game, Mango!
We're getting snow and it's coming down really good! Are you?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

You ARE a good dog! I don't do tricks, I am a brat.

Biggie-Z said...

Hey Mango! I just learned the paw trick this morning! The point stick is interesting. It looks fun to bite.

I do a "here" and touch Mommy's palm with my nose. I don't make too many suds so it's not so mad for her. The problem is when she was putting her hand out for my paw it looked like she wanted my nose, not my paw. She needs to be clearer with her communicatin'

P.S. I don't have to wear the cone or anything any more. Actually, I figured out how to take it off, but Mommy and Daddy yell at me if I look for my gajingles, so I just humor them and chew on a hoof instead.

Biggie-Z said...

P.S. It stopped snowing just now but I think I heard Mommy say "Vermont" earlier. woohooo!!!!

This morning we had a few inches and I played snowplow with my head. Then when I was going poo near the curb a car came by and splashed me with slushy! Mommy was annoyed but I didn't mind. It might have cleaned me off a little. And when it snows I don't tug on the Gentle Leader or try to wipe it off on Mommy's legs.