Saturday, February 23, 2008

Living Room Addition Update

You might recall that several weeks ago, work finally got underway on my living room addition. The first step was brick removal and some guy had to come over with a ridiculously large saw to score the brick and make it easier to remove.







Yowsa! That's a big saw. This was also, like, the coldest day of the year and that poor chap was getting all sprayed with water (plus it was REALLY LOUD and seriously disturbed my meditation).
So, you might ask, is it done yet? Short story, no, as you can see brick has been removed, walls put up, and house wrap applied, but that's about it.



First there was a work slowdown because every day that master wasn't at work it was either snowing or raining or just TOO DAMN COLD! Then master dislocated his finger, twice, and had trouble using his hand. Then master got the Competitive Test injury from using his other hand too much and his wrist got all swelled up with the Tender Knife Twist.

The doctor took a needle about the size of Lorenza and injected some goop into it and gave him a big honking brace to wear. So now he is not allowed to go to work or do anything for at least two weeks. If that's not bad enough, he has contracted the cabin fever and is going insane!

I figured I would take some time to inspect the progress from the inside. We have a door in our living room that used to go out to the porch which is being turned into my addition.

I will pause to mention that even though I am just about the best lookin' dude ever, I have been told that I am "dumb as a stump" and a "very poor problem solver." Apparently evidence of this is that I need to practice new moves about 10,000 times before I get it or that I thought the snowbanks around my deck were deck extensions and walked into them or that sometimes I can't figure out how to get up the stairs even though I've done it like a million times, or..... enough already!

This is supposed to be photographic proof of my poor problem solving skills because even though the couch had been moved aside to grant access to the addition, I insisted that the only way out the door was over the couch. That gave me the cognitive dissonance because I'm not allowed on the furniture, but wanted to go out and my brain hurt so bad I kinda cried from the brain strain.
Whatever! I finally made it out and commenced inspection.Hmmm, yes, everything seems to be in order.Ah, very good, extra large windows so I can keep an eye on things.With the work stoppage and all, I thought I would help out with selection of the appropriate paint. Goodness, there sure are a lot of colors to choose from.This requires some verrry serious thought.... andOUCH! Total brain cramp! Too much thinking for Mango! I need to rest now.Mango Man! Oh yeah!

7 comments:

Mack said...

Oh man -
You are a landscape artist AND and interior designer?

I hope you get extra kibble for that!

Randi said...

Oh Mango....I hope your brain has stopped hurting...brain strain is a drain on your mental ability...3 rhyming words! Now I'm brain straining!

Good job on getting your peoples to make your dog house bigger...wonder how you did that? & going OVER the couch is WAY MORE FUN than going AROUND...any doggie knows that...

I think oranges are very good colors for your handsome face, Mango!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Sami said...

Mango,
This is Baylee..heehee.. while my sista Sami wasn't lookin thought I check out your blog. Wow, Interior Designer you are dog with many talents abilities. You are the Mango Man for sure! I bet you have lots of girlies chasing you!

Better go Sami is waking up from her nap. Just wanted to say Hi!
Kisses,
Baylee the Saint

Noah the Airedale said...

Heck Mango, we can feel your pain from here. You're concentrating too hard matie. Just throw a dart, that's a good way too choose a colour. Your house is looking good btw.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

The Zoo Crew said...

Wow....your very own room AND you get to pick the colors. You're one lucky dude!

Peace + Paws,

Kai

Amber-Mae said...

Oh wow, that's a HUGE saw! I will never go sloe to that thing. I'm afraid I might be sawed into half...Oh, it's looking god! I hope you choose the right color for your living room.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Joe Stains said...

I have been thinking about your babe problem and I think you need to start a calendar and give every babe a day of the week, or a week of the month. Just insist there is nothing to be jealous of amongst them because there is enough of you to go around!!

As for the room addition, sounds like it might never finish unless your human heals. We are sending healing vibes!