Friday, February 15, 2008

Mango is the Best Doggie in the World (Again)

Note from Mom

Yesterday the sidewalks were all iced up from our usual New England weather and I didn't really want to walk the little dude, but he guilted me into it because I didn't walk him on Wednesday.

Often, Mango and I do not agree on the proper pace for walking, when to go fast, when to go slow, when to sniff, but yesterday (maybe as a Valentine treat for me), Mango showed that he really is THE BEST DOGGIE IN THE WORLD!

He stayed right by my side in a proper heel position and let me rest my hand on his sturdy back so that I wouldn't slip and fall on the ice (maybe I should tell him its icy all the time so he doesn't revert to his old tricks).

Thanks, pal.

9 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Mango, you are too sweet! You are indeed the best doggie in the world! Happy Valentine's Day!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Mack said...

Mango loves his Mommy and wanted to give her a V-day present!
How thoughtful!

Maggie & Mitch said...

You're such a good and thoughtful boy, Mango! I hope you got a treat as a reward after your walkie!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sophie Brador said...

Oh yeah, Mango Man! You are a sweetie.

xo
SB

Biggie-Z said...

Found you from Wimsey's blog, Mango, and looks like we've both been working on walking lessons. By the way, I totally agree with you on statistics. Not only has a kuvasz NEVER won best in show, but I don't think a kuvasz has even won the Working Group before.

And what is WITH all those poodles??
Yeesh.

Licks and suds,
Biggie

Noah the Airedale said...

Gosh you're a good boy matie, taking care of your mum like that. Well done.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Ps. I hope you folks make you some of those chicken jerky treats this weekend.

Randi said...

Oh Mango! Good just guilting your ma into the walkie..sometimes it just has to be done...but you showed her you are such a wonderful & sturdy companion - good to let them remember that you are there to serve & protect...Did you get any treats for such a fantastic crutch?

Love & Licks,
Randi

ps...maybe you were letting your ma hold on to YOU so YOU wouldn't slip & fall...Humans..its all about them, isn't it? =)

Biggie-Z said...

Mango, I feel your pain - we big dogs have to be 100% perfect or else people get scared of us. Meanwile the mini-attack dogs of the world can bark and lunge with impunity. Life is NOT fair!

Maggie & Mitch said...

Emma looked like she was doing a pretty good herding job to us, Mango! Thanks for letting us know about her!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch