Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Progress and a New Stuffie

Yesterday, for a change of pace, we went walkies in the woods behind our house. It was plenty fun with lots of cool sniffies. However, this morning, momma found a tick on me! Grrrrr! How can there be snow on the ground and a tick on Mango? We did an emergency Frontline application, but I'm worried because despite Frontline I have already caught the Lyme disease twice and its no fun! So all you doggies in Master Chew Sits take note and ask your humans to break out the Frontline. The ticks have arrived!


On a more positive note.... see anything different? Yes, my living room addition now has windows! Yesterday, two of Master's buddies came over and helped him put the windows in (which I think went a long way to curing his cabin fever).


Even better, I got a new stuffie! Actually, it isn't all that new as I have seen it languishing in the dog drawer for about forever.I snatched that little sucker right up and proceeded to take it into the Big Yard for stuffie fun.First I had to subdue it by face slamming it into the snow a few times.It almost got away from me by burrowing under the snow. Not so fast Mr. Stuffie.Finally, it was properly stunned.Then I spent a good long time just mashing it in my mastiff jaws making it honk honk honk. How much fun is that?Afterwards, I ate some snow to refresh my pallet. Yummers.Mango Man! Oh yeah!

10 comments:

Agatha and Archie said...

Mango,Not only do you have to stun the stuffie you have to SHAKE it like crazy and then RIP the heck out of it with the ultimate goal if seeing how long it takes you to destuff it( Agatha and Jackson have it down to nanoseconds) Well ,that is the WFT way anyway.PL2 wants your PL(pack leader) to email her(on our blog) about the water therapy in Natick.We are going to Road to Health .Do you know it??? Rain today!!!!Love A+A

Amber-Mae said...

Hey, cute stuffie! I have two of those too & they scream the beejeesus out of their lives when we shake them violently!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Mack said...

So sorry about the ticks! And Lyme disease, oh no!

Mom had never seen a tick before in her life until she adopted PARIS!

But Frontline did the trick thank dogness.

Jamie said...

Hi Mango,

We decided to come over and see whats going on in your world. We like your blog a lot and will read it all. You blog a lot!
Dexter is adorable! I bet you are soooo excited to have him come home. Usually when a new puppy comes home they bring puppy toys that you can steal. These toys are not as tough as your duckie, you can do some serious damage to them!
BTW, to respond to your comment on our blog, we do not know what a "normal" dog is either. All of us are pretty quirky.

Peace,
Jamie

Sophie Brador said...

Mango, Mom loves your house so much. I think she loves you too. She thinks you are the handsomest Mango man ever. I kind of do too.

xo
SB

Sami said...

Hi ya Mango! Baylee here, Sorry to hear about the nasty meanie of a tick. Good thing your mommy acted fast and got rid of that burger! Don't wanna that tick to mess my Mango!
Nice job taking care of that stuffie toy!

Lovie Dovie Girl,
Baylee

Maggie & Mitch said...

Ticks live in the snow??!! Mom normally breaks out the Frontline March 1st! Guess we'll get it a little bit early this year! Thanks for the tip, Mango!
Love the ducky stuffy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Biggie-Z said...

Wow, Mango. Thanks for the ticktip. My mom has been procrastinating putting on my monthly frontline and I guess she better do it. I love stuffies and making them honk, too! That's the main way I talk to Mommy and P-Daddy to let them know I'm happy. By the way, you are SO lucky your Dad is building you your own room! My parents got me a new car but I'm outgrowing it already.

Hugs, Biggie

Joe Stains said...

I am so glad we don't have ticks here! Did you warm that stuffy up in the toaster oven first??

Peanut said...

Good job on the stuffie man good job