Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday

My meditation was disturbed at 3:30AM this morning by something woogy with my ears. I started pacing around the house and moaning and groaning. I know Momma could hear me, but she was trying to ignore me. Finally at about 4:00 AM she got up to check on me.
You can't really see it, but one of my ears was all inflamed and ouchy.
She immediately performed an emergency ear cleaning, but my ears still felt funny and I kept sticking my footies into them and moaning. Momma had to stay awake because she thought my sticking my footies into my ears was making them worse. So every time I tried to stick my footies in, she would tell me no and hold my footie away. Then she got all crabby and even though I begged her with my most cutest face, she did not take me walkies [Mom - uh, hello, we went out in the big yard and worked on your freestyle moves instead] Yeah, right, whatever, but not walkies and... damn I'm cute!
Eventually, it was time to hop in the mastiff mobile for our weekly trip to the dog store. I always want to drive and try to get in the front seat of the mastiff mobile every time. But I am always forced to ride in back. Sigh.


Our dog store is called Especially for Pets and it is the most awesomest store. If you live in Massachusetts, you need to find one near you. Anyhoo, they have a display case full of wicked yummy doggie cookies.


Each week, while I guard the mastiff mobile, momma shops and picks out an extra special car cookie for the Mango Man. What could it be this time?Yummers! A doggie pretzel.Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!When we arrived home I was expecting my weekly cow tracea, but apparently they were out of Mango - sized tracea, so there was nothing for Mango in the bag. But my spirits were soon lifted. It seems that while Master is at work , Grandma and Grandpa are coming over and we'll be dining on some of the most yummiest foodies that Master is always bringing home from work.
Look at all that yummy food!I kept a close watch on Grandma while she was eating her lunch and sent her special Mango vibes "Give Mango food. Give Mango food." But she has like super powers or something because she was able to completely ignore the Mango.Momma finally took pity on me and prepared a special plate just for Mango.Mmmmm... that really hit the spot.
I guess that pot roast had mystical powers, because my ears are feeling much less ouchy than this morning (or, I suppose it could be the emergency ear cleaning and Momma keeping my footies out of my ears). Oh, by the way, its snowing... again!Mango Man! Oh yeah.

13 comments:

Peanut said...

Nice pretzel. Glad your ears are feeling better. I can't believe your grandma could ignore the mango vibes. She must be superwoman.

DaisyMae Maus said...

Oh ... my ... goodness! You are a BIG woofie! I am small ... ten pounds ... not even a snack for a ginormous dood like you. Wow. You must eat nearly as much as my Feline American brother, Cocoa Puff. He is ginormous, too. He weighs twenty-six pounds, but he acts like a "little" boy.

Enjoy your pretzel, your woofie goodness, an' all of that snow. It is 73 degrees at my house in sunny (an' warm) San Diego! Teleport over!

DMM

Harry said...

So glad your ears are feeling better Mango, it must have been the power of the pot roast and pretzel surely.

Oh, and I am a few weeks off being 11, so I am probably on a par with Grandpa Angus in the sleeping stakes. I am still as active as ever when it comes to food, walkies and snuggles though! And I can give Cassidy a run for her money when the urge to play overtakes me.

Toodle pip
Harry x

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Glad to hear that your ear is better now! I know it is not fun! What happened with the Mango Powers?? Too bad they did not work with your Grandma!
Yummy pretzel! I'd love to have a store like that here!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scruffy & Lacie said...

Oh Mango...ur poor Mastiff ears....i had an ear fectin this fall. It was horrible!! Mumsie had to put this goopy stuff in and I couldn't take showers for a week. I love showers.

I much rather woulda tried the pot roast and pretzel cure...

Hey you comin' to Koob's Valentines day pawty??? Book ur flight on Aire Ruby if you haven't already....

Lacie

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, when Faith has ear infection, she will scratch & scratch till her inner ear skin peels off & bleeds. Sometimes she scratch too much, she will scratch the tip of her ear too & it will bleed terribly. When she shakes her head, blood will be splatted all over the top of her head. So mommy makes her wear a home-made e-collar. And that really helped her ear to heal very fast within one week. Hope yours will get better soon, Mango. Mmm, the pretzel looks good & so does that huge fatty roast beef!!!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

MJ's doghouse said...

oh mango man...you are so lucky that your mommy didnt put socks on your feets to stop you from scratching like joes mom did..you are so handome in your sad mopey picture..i wish i was there to make you feel better dude....

Maggie & Mitch said...

OMG, look at all that good looking food! Mom wrote and told us that she was at PetSmart yesterday in Florida and she saw a Mastiff that looked just like you, Mango!
We hope your ear is feeling better!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

The Zoo Crew said...

Fiona had horrible ear infections that had to be treated with medication a couple of weeks ago. But we got her feeling better before she went to her new home. We're supposed to get mail from her tonight and we can't wait!!!

Peace + Paws,

The Zoo Crew

Noah the Airedale said...

G'day Mango,
Hope your ears stay free of ouchie.
Hmmm pot roast, what could be better and that pretzel looks might fine too.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Randi said...

Mango, I think you got jipped in the meat leftover dept...They should be alocating you enough meat based on your weight...so at 230pounds..THATS A LOT OF LEFTOVERS!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Joe Stains said...

I am glad to hear your ear is feeling better. I sometimes put my foot in my ear and the humans say, NO DIGGING IN THAT EAR. I am not digging, I am itching. stupid humans.

I sure would have loved to try that pot roast.

The Brat Pack said...

That's ALL the meat you got? You better whip those humans into shape so they do better next time.

Bear