Saturday, February 23, 2008

Snow... Again!

I decided to sleep in this morning because I figured that with all the snow I would be denied walkies.
Sure enough, one look out the door and a Snow Emergency was declared.Are you sure? Doesn't look so bad to me.
No, we had to shovel! Oh, the horror!
When Mom shovels my paths for me in the yard, I like to follow reeeally close and head butt her to keep her moving along which makes me a Bad Dog. Oh who cares? At least I'm having fun.I decided to do a little landscaping and relieve one of my bushes of its lower branches.
After brush removal, its important to crunch it down to little pieces.I briefly considered trimming one of the baby apple trees, but decided not to since the last time I trimmed the fruit trees I kind of got carried away and completely ate them and Master had to buy new trees (oops). (Hey, MJ, check it out! I'm totally naked!).I am sorry to report that Momma is quite keen on examining my poops. As a result she noticed some corn kernels that looked suspiciously like the food she puts out for the birds and critters. So, this morning, after she put the food out, she spied on me (not nice). And I was totally busted!Oops! Hey the squirrels eat my food, why can't I have some of theirs?Sigh, I think its going to be a long day.Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. from Momma - I'm not a big fan of cute kid videos, but this one cracks me up every time! So I figured I'd post it for any of you humans that need a good laugh.

17 comments:

Mack said...

Your mom should let you eat that corn as payment for being her personal landscape artist!

Harry said...

I too would eat all that bird food, yum!

I wish we had some snow, I love sitting in the frosty grass but reckon snow would be excellent.

Toodle pip
Harry x

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Heya! A bunch of us bloggie doggies meet in DWB Chat every Sunday for some barkin fun. 9 a.m. EST (New York) Time - 10 p.m. Singapore time. Peemail me for the secret chat address if you wanna come to our weekly barkfest - wiredfoxterror@yahoo.com

Bussie Kissies
Buster

pee ess - Since stupid daylight savings time some of us have started coming in at 8 a.m. EST/9 p.m. Singapore time.

Penny & Poppy said...

Mango, that sure is a nice new collar and chewie. The snow looks like fun! We aren't allowed to eat the bird and squirrel food either...we don't seem to be able to digest it and it sometimes produces "accidents" in the house in the middle of the night. What a bummer!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

Amber-Mae said...

Mango, you seem to be quite happy out there? Oh my dog, that video gave me a good laugh too! They both are too funny.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Biggie-Z said...

You Mom SHOVELS for you? Serious? You have her really well-trained. My Mommy makes me plow with my head. It's fun.

Sami said...

Hi ya Mango! My mom & hooman sista Allie laughed at the video..too funny! I told my sista Baylee the ST. about you and she thinks you're one big hunk of a Mango! You and her have a lot in common with eating trees. Mom trimmed the branches on one of the trees she likes to attack but know she jumps for the higher branches, she thinks she is under-dog or something like that. She also says she wishes she had a bed like yours! Licks & Kisses Sami oh and Sista Baylee send Kisses!

Joe Stains said...

wait, so your mom buys food for animals other than you? that is downright despicable!

Randi said...

Oh Mango..those human pups are so silly...if they were real pups, they would be playing bitey-face craziness...& then get scolded by their ma for rough-housing..

Corn..mmm...maybe you can get a side of squirrel next time...

Head butting is good...keeps humans on track..

Love & Licks,
Randi

Sophie Brador said...

Mango! I would do anything to come play in that snow with you, and I promise not to hump you if you don't hump me. I have a thing for trees too. When I was a pup, my mom planted a dogwood in a totally stupid place and I had to unplant it and move it for her. Well, it was a dogwood. You'd think she would realize that I'm the horticultural expert when it comes to dogwoods.

xo
SB

MJ's doghouse said...

Hey Baby...
i just read your blog and see that you are becoming overwelmed with girl love...but dont worry Mango...there is plenty of you to go around...You can love us all...i wont get crabby...and baby..i do love your nakedness...hot dang....i wish i could come and build a snowdog with you....you have a great weekend Mango...enjoy your time just lying around.....smooooches

The Zoo Crew said...

Bwah! That's waaaaay too much snow for me. Aren't your feet about to freeze off? You need some all-terrain boots like I have :)

Peace + Paws,

Kai

Sami said...

Hi ya Mango! I just added your link to my website. Baylee is so excited and drooling all over Mommy's computer keyboard!

Kisses & Licks,
Sami and Baylee

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Sure you are a good helper! You should get paid for that landscaping!
Too bad you are not allowed to eat that corn!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Peanut said...

oh I like to eat sticks also. No bushes in my backyard anymore though. That video was quite funny

cookie said...

Hey Mango Man,
Aren't moms strange sometimes. Mine looks at my poop, like there's a winning lottery ticket in it!
You look good in the snow! In fact, you look good where ever you are!

high five paws,
Cookie and crew

Maggie & Mitch said...

That fresh snow looks so awesome, Mango! You're so lucky!
Mom is still laughing at that video! Thanks for sharing it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch