Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dexter Day Six

Its been six days and he's still here. Before I get down to grumbling about Dexter, there was more banging in my living room addition, so I did go out to inspect. The outside is all done and ready to be painted if it ever gets warm outside again.

On the inside, the walls are stripped and braces have been put in to support the roof while Master takes out the walls of the house (that sounds like its going to be a LOUD day).



While all the living room banging continued, I demanded that Momma turn herself in to the library police before they came and put her in the slammer (cause I know she's had those books for a reeally long time). Come on, let's go, 'fess up.The dotty old hen forgot the camera (so no photos of our journey). I was shocked when I went to get in to the mastiff mobile because MY mastiff mobile had the Dexter stink in it. To counteract the Dexter stink, I waited until we were underway and let loose a prolonged TOOOOOOOOT. I assure you, that there was no trace of Dexter remaining after that (in fact I think I melted one of the seat belt clasps).

When I got home, I was planning on a nice sun bake, but junior was out and...

You see what he's doing? He's running around me with one of MY stickies in his mouth even though I AR AR AR at him about 70 times a day to leave my stickies the heck alone.

I decided to take the high road this time and just focused on my sun bake enhanced meditation (but Dexter better watch his back).Eventually he got tired of his risky business and started cleaning up all the rabbit poop in the yard. That should keep him busy for a while.Master suggested us big guys go in for a snack and leave pee-wee outside with Momma. No argument here! Mac and cheese! Yummers!While I was enjoying my snack and some much needed alone Master time, Dexter was outside doing a nutty on one of my stuffies. Jeez...


But the joke's on you, squirt, because suddenly "Dexter nap time" was declared and he was tossed into his cage. I grabbed a most yummerist chewie and gnawed on it with great gusto right in front of his little black face.


Mango Man! Oh yeah!

20 comments:

Deetz said...

Mango, it was very kind of you to share your sticks with dexter. He looks like a handful and I am sure it takes some getting used to. The addition looks wonderful and I am sure you cannot wait for it to be completely finished.
Mum updated my blog and added some videos
Deetz

Maggie & Mitch said...

Dexter is really getting into your stuffie and those sticks, isn't he! He doesn't seem to care that he's got grass all over him either! hehehehe Hope the bunny poop doesn't give him the runs!
The addition on your house is coming along nicely, Mango!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sophie Brador said...

Mango, We have the same moves. I figure if I just turn my back to puppies, they will disappear. How long do you expect Junior to stick around? Have you talked to your peeps about this? They aren't getting attached or something, are they?

xo
SB

Biggie-Z said...

Oh Mango, I got tired just watching Dexter wiggle around. And so UNDIGNIFIED for a puppy if you ask me. But what do you expect with these smaller dogs? We big guys have to walk slower to give everyone time to admire us.

(But he sure is cute.)

Biggie

MJ's doghouse said...

wow..you must be zosted with him running aroun dmango....but good for you for not chewing on him..i am sure sometimes the temptation is there...good thing master is on your side and agrees to share his mac andcheese with you....i think we may both need a little get away soon...i am thinking of going to a ball game...i mentioned it to joey...

Mack said...

Dexter in action!

I think he was crying while he was in his kennel.

babyphat523 said...

Tooooooot! LMAO.. Oh Mango you are a very resourceful fellow. You got back at Mom for letting Dexter's scent in your car! Looks like little bro had a good ol' time with your Santa stuffie!

KB said...

Mango Man!!! I'm back!! Thanks for stopping by and dude..your little bro looks like he's gonna get big but not as big as you! Mommy says he's sooo cute..whatever! I do think it's pretty cool of you to let him hang out with ya though!

Scruffy & Lacie said...

Oh Mango...how warm is it up there? Like could ur mom OPEN THE WINDOWS IN THE CAR AFTER YOU...?? Man...that musta been ripe.

Little Dexter looks um ACTIVE. Your ying and yang must be in an uproar with all that puppy energy spewing forth like Mango suds.

BTW, Daddy wants to know how you got your name. He figures it's from the Mango in Blazing Saddles, but since that's Daddy's favorite movie and he's watched it 500 times, it would be natural for him to assume that.

How did his dental work go? You didn't have anything to do with them pullin' out his puppy teeth did ya? Wish I had thought of that with Lacie...

Scruffy

Joe Stains said...

tooting in the car is THE BEST EVER, especially when the windows are up and the heat is on! I hope you were able to destinkify the santa, but not by farting on him.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango Man!
Sure Dexter is full of energy! I am tired just watching him there!
He looks so sad there in the crate watching you enjoying your chew!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Dexter sure looks like a very busy doggie. Hee

~ Girl girl

Amber-Mae said...

Awww, you two are getting along...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

The Thuglets said...

Mango...we can't believe wiff us being so busy we have missed out on Dexter's arrival!

What brilliant photos of you both...we need to sit down wiff a box of bonio's and read all about what you have both been up too.

Those house works look big!

Big Nose Pokes
The Thuglets

Harry said...

Dexter certainly looks a livewire. I can empathise with you on the trials and tribulations of young puppies or course, but it does get better, I promise.

Toodle pip
Harry x

Noah the Airedale said...

Poor little mite being put in his Dexter cage and having to watch his big bro chewing a stick. He just wants a chew too. Go on Mango...give him the stick!!

Willow Tess & Lucy

Matie, give him the stick and it's the beginning of the end.

Noah

Penny & Poppy said...

Oh, Mango...what a way to get rid of the Dexter stink! Weren't you afraid your mom wouldn't be able to drive? I'm sure her eyes were watering something awful!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Pockets

Amber-Mae said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've changed my blog URL becoz some crackpot has been visiting my blog & leaving mean comments & we know who it is. Just click on my name & it will direct you there.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Turbo the Sibe said...

Good job with the strategic TOOOOOOOOOOT!

Peanut said...

Oh mac and cheese how yummy