Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Duck Debate

Momma took Dexter to the dog doctor to show off his poop. I wanted to go along (since I love going to the doctor because I get tons of cookies and totally adored) but I refused to ride in my mastiff mobile when the Dexter cage was in it, so I got left behind. While at the doctor, Dexter peed for about 20 minutes due to the vast quantities of water he has been drinking. I suspect that he is not really drinking, but trolling for leftovers that fall from my most ample jowls into the water bowl.

They must have dosed him with some doggie mojo at the vet, because when he came home, he marched right up the stairs...
past me, and...To MY puppy food bowl? Am I seeing this right?Holy smokes! The nerve of the little guy. I'm in the habit of savoring my meals over several hours and those leftovers were just about nicely baked in the sun and he goes and helps himself? Not right! I can't watch. Is it over?Can you imagine? That upstart is actually trying to give me the hairy eyeball. Sigh...After he ate my leftovers, he still got served up his own lunch so by that time he was so full all he could do was curl up in his cage to digest like some python that just swallowed a hippo.

Anyhoo, I got Dexter this cool little stuffie as a welcome home gift. I figured he would like it since lots of his relatives are actual working field dogs.

Dexter did like it, but he couldn't get it to quack. I picked it up to demonstrate how to apply the proper pressure for quacking and right in the middle of the lesson, he tried to take it out of my mouth. Naturally I told him to cut it out and before I knew it I was slapped with a restraining order and now I'm not allowed to even be like on the same continent with Dexter when he has his duckie. Oh man!


We now have joint custody of the duckie which means we each get to have equal, supervised visitation. This has led to a serious debate regarding the best way to "visit" with the duckie. Dexter thinks that one should go all cracker dog on the thing whereas I believe you should just make it quack and quack and quack and....

So you be the judge...









Me, right? Me, me, me! I'm the one who knows how to visit the duckie properly.


Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Dexter has gained a pound since he came home three days ago which doesn't surprise me since he totally tricked Momma and Master into giving him dinner twice last night (long story, lack of communication).

18 comments:

Peanut said...

My mom says how does your mom even stand that.

Sophie Brador said...

Mango, I'm with you totally. That is exactly how I would visit with the duckie. Exactly. My mom, on the other hand, is with Peanut's mom.

Abby and Jack said...

Jack - I leave slobbery kibbles in my water dish too! Drives Mommy crazy!

Abby - You have a squeaky duck! Oh how lucky are you! I wish I had a squeaky duck!

babyphat523 said...

Wow Mango, Dexter is a rambunctious little one! I can't believe he reaches up to eat out of your food bowl already! And that is one quacky ducky you've got there, I think the sound would make us bonkers here.

Maggie & Mitch said...

The nerve of the little guy eating your perfectly warmed to perfection meal!
We both came running when the quacks started! Mitch is still searching throughout the whole computer room for YOUR duck! What a dope!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

MJ's doghouse said...

well mango..i just dont get how you keep the duck in one piece...if it were my duck...well i shouldnt even tellyou what i would do to it...but...there would be no more cutody battles...that is for sure...i feel for you big dude...if anyone can feel your pain...it is me....big kisses big fella.....

Ferndoggle said...

You totally need a ROOSTER!! It makes cool sounds like that duck but way louder...and WAY more annoying! Your Mom will love it.

Lola

Agatha and Archie said...

Well you were SO considerate to buy him a house warming present.You have realize Mango man we all have our own ways of playing. If it were us???? Desqeaked and destuffed...time?? 12 seconds.So its all in how you look at it. Better put a lock on the food! That kid is SMART!!! Love A+A

Biggie-Z said...

Mango, I'm with you. All that jumping around, takes too much energy. I'm all about making it make noise. Isn't that the point of quackers?

I even play my own song on my squeak toys:
"Squeaky-SQUEE Squeaky-SQUEE"

Seriously, it is my signature tune. I'm amazed you put up with that little guy, though my Mommy thinks he's really cute and misses when I was a silly puppy.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
How Dexter had de audacity to eat your delicious leftovers??
is there any way your mom can get another duckie?? that way you two will not have to fight for it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Chef said...

Yo Mango. Little brothers can be so annoying! I'm with Lorenza... your mummy has to get you a bigger, noisier ducky just for big 'ol you. In fact, I think you need a whole cartload of big fat duckies and a side of beef at dinnertime.

Joe Stains said...

omdog, seriously, what is that labradude doing to that duck. you are the duck master.

I might be hearing that quacking in my dreams tonight...

Cassidy said...

Squeakie squeakie squeak! Me be lucky that big Harry had no interest in toys, so they all be MINE! Dexter do be cheeky stealing your dinner. Me would never do that (tee hee, yeah right!)

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Penny & Poppy said...

Mango, you are much more gentle with the duckie than Dexter is! We used to have 2 duckies similar to that, but when we cracked the voice box in 1 of them, Mom did surgery on the other one and his voice box is now on top of the china cabinet for when we don't want to come into the house. She squeezes it once and we FLY into the house. BTW, ours quacked to the tune of Old Mcdonald Had a Farm. Talk about driving our people nuts!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Pockets

Scruffy & Lacie said...

He actually climbed up to snackie from THE Mango's foodie bowl??? Whoa...Mango..you got trouble approaching. At, what is he now, 16 lbs??? Hmm...attitude...for the Dexter Dude.

Don't you just love it when all they do is praise, praise, praise for makin' stinkies...and if we experienced dogs make one, they just sorta look at it with resigned disgust.

Those bricks look pretty heavy...careful ya don't pick one up in ur large Mango mouth and accidently drop it on the usurper....bet you'd get grounded for sure....

Scruffy

Ike said...

Don't let him steal all the love!
Ike

The Zoo Crew said...

I think everydog needs one of those quackers!!! But mom just vetoed me saying no way will she tolerate 4 quackers in this house. Something about it driving her to drink or something like that.....

Peace + Paws,

Kai

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh the cheek of little Dexter eating your leftovers hee hee got to say he is rather cute.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy