Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Explosions and Doggie Dentist

I am alarmed by the rash of spontaneous explosions of things. I originally thought that when Cookie's cat exploded, it was an isolated event. But then I found out that one of Joey's pillows blew up right in his face! As if that wasn't enough, the Zoo Crew's Momma's work bag popped open totally on its own and spewed out hazardous waste!

Yikes! Now I'm on the lookout for something to blow around my house and let me tell you, I am on pins and needles. What if the duckie goes kaboom when I am visiting with it? I was feeling a bit nervous just being in the house with all those potentially explosive devices, so I asked if we could make a run to the dog store to calm my nerves (oh, and can I please drive this time?)
Phooey, stuck in the back again.As usual, my car cookie. Yummers!Hmmm... what's that I spy poking out of the bag?Dexter had to go to the doggie dentist today to get some toothies pulled. He has what you call a severe over bite, so his baby canine toothies weren't closing right and kind of hit the top of his mouth. The doctor thinks that without the toothies, his jaw will right itself before his big boy teeth come in.
To pull his teeth, they had to give him a wee bit of the laughy gas. It was supposed to wear off by the time he got home, but I'm not so sure...While Dexter spent some time getting his act together in his cage, I inquired if there might be a bully stick available, and.... oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! I haven't had a proper chewie since junior came home! I took that sucker right out into my big yard and cranked up the suds machine full blast!Suds everywhere! Notice suds puddle to my right and majestic string o' suds draped on my leggie.This is livin'Meditation time. I relocated Dexter's cage into the study because Master was making terrible loud banging sounds working on the living room addition.I am demonstrating my technique for achieving a deep and restorative state of meditation.Ah! Little Grasshopper learns quickly.
Mango Man! Oh yeah!

13 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Mango! You look so adorable sleeping with your little grasshopper. But beware. He might be full of beans after a full night's sleep.

xo
SB

Maggie & Mitch said...

Pulling his teethies could be a good thing, Mango! Less of the little nippers to bite on your legs! I think you're right about that laughy gas! hehehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

The Zoo Crew said...

You're teaching little grasshopper the proper meditation techniques.....you ROCK as a big bro!

Peace + Paws,

Kai

Agatha and Archie said...

We never get to drive either.How long did the kid sleep like that??hee hee they must have given him a lot of that stuff!!! Do you think you could teach us how to meditate?(PL2 wanted us to ask you) becasue she just got through saying something about maniacs as we flew by her running around the house....Love A+A

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Mango -

It's nice to meet you. We don't live too far from you. I (Hershey) live in Groton, CT. It's in the southeastern part of the state. Kaci lives in New Hampshire (Gilmanton).

You are one BIG dog. In fact, you weigh more than my Mama and almost as much as my Papa.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Bogart said...

Hey Mango! Love the pictures, man...

Big Aire Kisses to Dexter!

Love,
Bogart

babyphat523 said...

Mango, you really do have the cutest face! I hope Dexter woke up with no pain where his baby tooties were. You look really sweet napping with your baby bro.

xo :)

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
I hope that teethie thing was not painful for Dexter!
I have never had a bully stick but looking at your pictures sure makes me drool!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Amber-Mae said...

Oh poor Dexter...I hope the procedure wasn't too painful for him. Yikes! That's a lot of foamy white suds!!!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh poor little mite, having teefies pulled is no fun (just ask my pinky....sigh). We sure hope he isn't feeling any pain.
Take it easy Dexter.
Mango mate, you're a lean mean droolin' machine.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Cassidy said...

I be in awe of your drool Mango! Good job Dexter was in his crate,he could have drowned if he came near you.

Me still has one baby canine that no wants to come out. Mummy and daddy be wiggling it everyday cos me no wants laughing gas opawation.

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Abby and Jack said...

Hey Mango!
I sure hope Dexter is doing good without his teeth! Poor little guy! Dentists are no fun! We sure were impressed with your super suds! You coated the lawn with em! Awesome job buddy!
Jack and Abby

Joe Stains said...

Mango that Dexter dude looked a little confused from the laughy gas! I cannot even believe the amount of suds you produce, it is simply amazing!!