Friday, March 21, 2008

Monkey Business

This morning I was really meditating deeply and thinking about MJ and, well, its kind of embarrassing cause my lips got all tangled up. I look like some kind of giant grouper. [Momma - Mango, pal, I don't know what you did to your lips. I'm not even sure what I'm looking at]One thing junior is good for is that due to his frequent toilet habits, Momma is working at home more. So we got to enjoy some dude bonding over a couple of stickies while she worked.Another item on the list of strange human behavior, Momma has been using my monkey stuffie as a centerpiece on the dining table (among other things because I don't think they ever actually eat at the table except to pretend they are civilized when guests come over). Of course, while the monkey is occupied thusly, I cannot enjoy its company.Finally, tonight, I convinced her to return the monkey to me, BUT, because I am a mature and generous chap, I actually let pee-wee meet the monkey first. It was hard, but by shutting my eyes tightly and going to my special place, I was able to rise above the indignity of it.


Don't look! Don't look! Remember, he's just a baby.ENOUGH! Kid can't even play with a stuffie properly. One doesn't throw oneself madly around the house all thrashing and wiggling. Stuffies should be placed in the mouth and methodically squeezed over and over and over and over and.. wait a minute, is he getting ready to do what I think he is?Huh? I don't think so.Cut it out squirtino!AR AR AR!!!!Oops! I think I accidentally bit his head off and Momma tried to stuff him under the bookcase so Master wouldn't find out. He looks like one of those doggie lawn ornaments.Reunited.Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Amber-Mae, you would be proud of me. I have almost taught Momma how to tell right from left when giving her my footies.

P.P.S. No labradudes were harmed in the making of this blog (in fact, I'm not convinced any labradudes even feel remorse for challenging me for my monkey).

15 comments:

Abby and Jack said...

Wow Mango, your lips sure are strange in that first picture! We are glad that you taugh that puppy its manners on not trying to steal fluffies from out of your mouth. He does look cute hiding under the furniture though...

Jack and Abby

The Zoo Crew said...

Those are some very strange lips!! And I thought I was looking at the black butt labradude lawn ornament we have in our backyard....but maybe that was your peewee!

Peace + Paws,

Kai

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango Man!
What happened to you lips in that first picture??
Looks like you and Dexter have very different ways to play with that monkey! I hope after that tug-o-war the monkey is still in one piece!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Mango-Man!!!

How cow!!! Your lips...well your mouth almost looks like it has another mouth coming out of it!

Your poor monkey...did he survive the thrashing that you and Dexter gave it? Maybe you guys need a Kong Wubba...and extra large one for you and a pee wee sized one for Junior!

Hope all is well in Mango world!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Biggie-Z said...

Ohmydog, this may be one of the funniest posts ever. I play with my stuffies the same way. It is really undignified to go bananas over the stuffie like your little peewee does.

I still can't get over how lucky you are to have your very own puppy. My Mommy and P-Daddy were thinking of getting me a kitten but then they stopped smoking that crack stuff and now it is back to the 3 of us. But my Uncle Peter - who owns all the birds I chased last November (including the real live quacker that I caught until Mommy made me let it go) - IS GETTING TWO PUPPIES!! I can't wait to meet them.

Hugs, Biggie

Sophie Brador said...

Is that monkey wearing a Santa Claus hat?

Noah the Airedale said...

What's with the lips matie. Looks like you've got some sort of medical condition....should we call you mumbles ????

Did the monkey survive or is it doomed??? Looks like Dexter is getting the hang of playing tug-o-war.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Maggie & Mitch said...

OMG, Mango! You had us all hooting so loud here! You sure can tell a great story! Poor monkey! hehehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Mack said...

I know how you feel buddy. Sometimes when I think of Ruby my lips get all funny too!

Amber-Mae said...

Oh gee, look at your lips! Too funny! Hey. what's that wet part on the top of your head? Dis that black dude pee in that bed? Hmm...Oh, you bet I am proud of you for learning that trick! Would love to see how SHE commands you & how you do it. Keke!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Cassidy said...

Your lips be so funny Mango! Me be so glad that Harry no likes toys, no sharing required!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Peanut said...

my mom laughed and laughed at your lips and said they are just an bigger version of mine. I can't believe he challenged you for your monkey. Not right

MJ's doghouse said...

Mango yousure do look like you are being a good big brother...and I especially like the picture of you with the hugely kissable funny shaped lips....oh mango...you make me smile big man....

Joe Stains said...

omdog you are a GOOD brother, I could never do that!! What is going on with those lips, YIKES!

Agatha and Archie said...

Whoa you are a better sibling than me that's for sure.Maybe we should try that mantra.And dude...your lips are TOO funny!! Love A+A(that's what having a little brother can do to you,twist you all up)