Saturday, March 1, 2008

Snow... Yet Again

This weekend is not going well. Last night I could hardly sleep thinking about Angel Labradoggie and that poor chap wandering around Europe trying to get away from her clutches.


We have this thing in our town called Reverse 911 where police robots call your house to leave important messages. Usually they say that some old person or some baby human has gone missing, but last night they called and declared a Snow Emergency when it wasn't even snowing! Rats! I knew Momma would use that as an excuse not to go walkies in the AM.

Sure enough, come morning it was snowing to beat the band and Momma said "No Walkies today." Then she got all grouchy because she had to shovel my Observation Deck about 90 million times.
Momma built one of those stupid snow persons again.I did have some fun catching snowballs. It was hard to get an action shot because I am fast as lightening.
Uh, maybe not so fast. I caught this one with my face. How embarrassing.I'll show you snowball in the face all right. I amputated the arms of the snow creature.So even though its all snowing and everything, my Mastiff Mobile has four wheel drive, so we still get to go on our weekly trip to the dog store. Let's go!!!!
But when I went to climb aboard, I saw.... this! Its a Dexter cage. Apparently he will be so little that if he were left loose in the Mastiff Mobile he would rattle around like a bowling ball. Plus, puppies sometimes puke or poop when they ride in cars... yuck! But that's not the real point. What is this Dexter thing doing in MY Mastiff Mobile. You mean I have to share my ride?

[Mom - We already took the back seats out for you pal. Isn't that enough?]

In a word, NO. Clearly there is not enough room in here for both my large and handsome self and the loathsome Dexter cage.I expressed myself by sticking my head as far into the front seat as possible.On the way back, we got stuck behind one of those truck things putting toxic waste on the roads to melt the ice and snow. It was going about -2 miles / hour.As you can see, my street is still pretty snowy and...Eiyeeeee! Are you taking pictures while you're driving! Stop it! NOW!Whew! We made it home OK and (oh happy day) there was a bully stick for me.Once the bully stick dance was completed, time to bring it inside for a good, sudsy chew.OK, let me in...I had to drop the stick to yell at Momma and... she totally tricked me into coming inside without my bully stick!Mango Man! Foiled again!

14 comments:

Biggie-Z said...

Oh Mango Man! We took 5 hours to come up to VT last night and Mommy and P-Daddy wouldn't even let me out to potty at our usual rest stop. Something about "making good time" because the snow was coming down so fast the plows couldn't keep up. I was so hungry because I didn't get any dinner until we got to VT after midnight and my food was frozen solid!

But, it was all worth it because I got to play in the snow last night and this morning it was so deep I got to SWIM in it. Seriously, you should try it sometime. My deck has like 4 feet of snow on it and I am itching to go dive in it. Tell your Mom not to shovel it. When Mommy is done with her work she's going to put some pictures up but they're not as funny as yours.

P.S. Aren't you excited about Dexter? You have the best parents in the world - they built a room for you AND they're getting you a puppy? PAWSOME!

Sami said...

Hi ya Mango,

Hope you got that snowman good! Did you give his little stick of arms a good shake down?

You have lots of snow! I love snow and just love to scoop it up into my mouth and eat it..yummy so cold and feels so nice going down my mouth!

I can't wait to see you new brother Dexter. You will love having a brother. Someone to play with and run with. I just love having my sista Sami. She is the best!

Loveie Dovie Girl,
Baylee

Ferndoggle said...

I thought we had a lot of snow!! Looks like you're living in a winter wonderland.

That bully stick trick was pretty sneaky. You Mom is a slick lady...

Sherman

Maggie & Mitch said...

Great job on that snow person's arm, Mango! Geez, there's not too much room for you AND Dexter's crate too! Maybe you should be riding shotgun!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

jen. said...

Hi Mango... What a site! Looks like you might be getting a new buddy?!? Lucky you! And, at least you have the Mango Mobile. Pooooooor Bu has to ride in a very tiny car. I put the front seat all they way back and down and then he has the back and the front to squish into. Everyone says I need a new car! (and soon!) But, I say Bu is the incredible folding dog! Grace2you!

Agatha and Archie said...

OK we are officially SICK OF THIS!!! On other peoples blogs they have daffodils and spring flowers,but what about us "hardy" New Englanders???WHERE IS OUR SPRING???PLEASE!!!!!(can you tell we are a little stir crazy???) Love A+A

Scruffy & Lacie said...

Mango...so what kinda doggie is Dexter and when are ya gettin' him, Man?????? WOOT...snackies for Mango?? Just kiddin'! We're sure ur gonna be a great dog bro! How come ya have his cratie and not him? Does ur mom take the imaginary Dexter for walkies too? How irritating!

Hey everytime Mumsie gets in the shower (and that's daily, thank Dog...when you're 200 yrs old like she is, ya start to stink after 25 hours...)Anyway she has this Mango Body Scrub...does ur mom use that stuff on you??? WOOOOOT! It smells are flowery and girly...not like we think you smell....!

Fill us in on Dexter, kay???

Scruffy

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Looks live everything is getting ready for Dexter!
You look so sad in that last picture! Too bad you bully stick was not allowed inside with you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

wow those roads look scary, you better tell your human to keep both hands on the wheel. I can't believe you have to share your mango mobile, that does not seem fair. Can't you get a side car or a trailer for the new guy.

Abby and Jack said...

Don't worry Mango Man! One day, you'll manage to sneak your bully stick back inside. Jack manages to hide toys in his many miles of lips and sneak them outside. Maybe you could use a similar technique?

Jack and Abby

Noah the Airedale said...

Mango, what's with your pinky driving and taking pics at the same time?? It's a miracle you made it home in one piece matie. All that snow on the road looks kinda scary to us.
We can't wait to see the first pics of your new little brother. I bet he's a real cutie.
We love the shot of the snowball hitting your head. It cracked us up.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Mack said...

Mango,
You look soo sad in the last picture!
Don't cry big guy!

Peanut said...

Nice snow. I can't believe you let your mom trick you like that. Something is wrong dude are you feeling okay?

MJ's doghouse said...

oh mango..i think that if your peeps wont let you bring the bully sticks into the house...it is time to build you your own house...(with a biggggggggg ole bed for company...)