Saturday, March 15, 2008

Snowy Saturday

Guess what? That's right, its Saturday so it must be snowing! Lucky for me, I squeezed in a nice walkies before it started snowing and actually it was all melted by noontime.

Anyhoo, I am continuing to have issues with pee-wee. It has not escaped my attention that frequently when he goes in his cage he is given a very yummers smelling chewie - just for him. Long story short, I want it. I want that stinky little Dexter sized chewie. I want it so bad that when he has it in his cage with him a can't bear to leave the room.And when he exits his cage, I try to go in after the chewie which usually just results in the cage getting pushed across the floor. Momma says that I need to get over this fixation. Whatever!

It being Saturday and all, I figured that Momma and I would be going to the dog store, but NO, she took, gasp, Dexter. Ewwww! This upset me because we've been going to the dog store every Saturday for forever. I was so very upset that I went and slept on my little puppy bed which I haven't done since I was, well, a puppy. Junior was all the rage at the dog store (big deal). Turns out some dog training guy named Brian Kilcommons was there filming some sort of doggie handlin show. Momma and Dexter went back to watch right when he was working with what they call a "reactive dog" and the Kilcommons guy wanted to use Dexter as a bait. Momma said sure and the Kilcommons made the other doggie walk back and forth by the little dude without so much as a glance (even though I hear Dexter was all a barkin and a bouncin).

The only reason I mention this is that for his great performance, Dexter got a thank you bag o' goodies which Momma said I could have.

All right, squirtino is in his cage. Open up!Hmm.. kind of a disappointment, wouldn't you say? Everything is so, ah, small.Let's try this one. I wouldn't mind having happy hips.Its in my mouth, trust me. Tastes kind of funny...Not sure if this is really food...Oh, what the heck, YUMMERS!Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Momma forced me to post this photo. Awwww, the cute little puppy. Give me a break.

19 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Mango, My mom is just gushing all over the place about how cute your pee wee is, but I'm with you dude. Those little puppies get all the attention and all the good treats, and then us older dogs are expected to just put up with it. Don't worry Mango man. As far as I'm concerned, Dex will never been as gorgeous handsome as you.

xo
SB

p.s. Is your puppy bed from L.L.Bean? It looks just like my grown up bed.

Mack said...

Wow it's still snowing where you are!?? It's 90 degress here and I hate it!

Sophie's right - you are one big handsome Mango man! Oh yeah!

Maggie & Mitch said...

You look so down and out laying on your puppy bed, Mango! Hey, at least you got some treats out of the deal, even if they were small ones! Lots of small ones make a big one, right?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Scruffy & Lacie said...

Yo Mango...Cracker Boy bit your bummie??? Whoa...he's lucky he's not wandering by the pearly gates about now...what cheek, the young pip!!! (Um, Pawdon the pun..cheek and your bum...oops...pawdon the poem...enuff!!!)

Um, Mango...do you give lessons on how to make those Mango Sad Faces?? We could really use that look round here...could score us some major treaties....let us know.

We spent the day:
Getting muddy
Getting wiped off
Getting muddy
Getting wiped off
Getting muddy
GETTING A BATH.

Now we're NOT allowed out cept to potty. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Scruffy

Sami said...

Mango sorry to hear that you didn't get to go with mommy to the petstore but hey you got that yummy bag of little treats...Mommy gave them to you that was special! Boy Dexter is getting so big so fast Pretty soon he will be playing rough play with you! Dexter is a cutie but you are the Mango Man and that is special!

I always will think your the most handsom doggie Mango!

Lovie Dovie girl Baylee!

Scooby & Charlie said...

Sorry to hear that Mango,
I know how u feel my brother charile gets all the treats from my human brothers and sister and attention, and Iam the good one while he still gets stuck in the cage, Hang in there buddy, let me know If I can help in anyway

woof-woof
Scooby

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango Man!
I can understand and see how upset you were! I am with you! Not fair!
Those chicken breast treats are the only ones I can eat and my mom is having a hard time because we don't have them here, soooo enjoy them for me!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Abby and Jack said...

Oh Mango, the thrill of puppies wears off eventually. I'm sure people gushed over you when you were a puppy too. Don't worry though, you'll always be top dog in our book!

Jack and Abby

babyphat523 said...

Mango, you look so exhausted sleeping on your puppybed! Nice close up of your nose. Sorry to admit it but Dex is very cute, even tho he drives you batty!

Joe Stains said...

we have those happy hip treats!! sorry you got left behind, it really isn't fair. I know that puppies are cute but come on you are MANGO!

Agatha and Archie said...

Oh dear Mango,We are feeling your pain. Actually Arch is more than me.I got to go with PL2 yesterday to the dog store and he didn't(well his back is bothering him) Dext is a cute little pipsqueek though!PL2 LOVES Brian Kilcommon!!! She wishes she knew about it!!!(she was also muttering something about if he saw us we would prob. stump him...) DOn't be sad our big buddy...spring will be here one day(maybe like 100 years from now) and all will seem better. Love A+A

Amber-Mae said...

That's totally unfair that she didn't not bring you but instead, she brought the little black thing to the show...LOL! I love your expressions... You look disgusted with what ever you were eating.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Jamie said...

Mango, the older dogs here can relate with your problems w/ Dexter. Our little one Payton gets all of the attention and she gets to go on special trips alone in the car. She doesn't even know how to get a treat out of a Kong, why does she get so much energy from Mom and Dad?

-Your Labragals

Kirby said...

Hi Mango,

It's no fair that they don't make the puppy take home treata bag in Mango size. Don't they understand that a big guy doesn't want little treats. Dexter will grow out of his cuteness soon enough and he'll be a regular dog just like the rest of us. Then he'll see how hard it is getting on without puppy cuteness.

Your pal,
Kirby

The Zoo Crew said...

That pee wee isn't so little in your mama's arms! And Mango Man, you're gonna have to learn to "get over it" and let your little pipsqueak have his chewies in peace! That's what my mama tells me I have to do anyway when one of my little sisters has a chewie. Because I'm so big, I usually get two so it's all worth it to be on my best behavior!

Peace + Paws,

Kai

Noah the Airedale said...

Blimey Mango, don't go getting your head stuck in the Dexter cage mate.....although Koobies Easter bonnet parade is coming up lol.

Too bad you didn't get to enjoy Saturday at the petstore. Maybe next week!

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Can't she bring both of you to the store? I hope she buys you lots of yummy treats

~ Girl girl

Harry said...

Your face while you're eating that treat is hilarious!

Toodle pip
Harry x

Peanut said...

Puppies are yucky