Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sorting Things Out

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I have been very busy training Dexter. He is so goofy that its almost embarrassing. For example, he thinks a paper bag is like some sort of major good time thing. He seems to enjoy bringing his fun time to my big and majestic bed, but I'm cool.Pee-wee and I are starting to come to terms regarding chewies and stuffies. For chewies, I let him get a taste and then I head butt him out of the way. I have found that I can save my most fearsome AR AR AR for serious moments and that most times a head butt or flick of the paw works just fine to send him running. Yip, yip, yip! For stuffies, I let him get all his stupid cracker dog puppy obsessions out of the way and await my moment.That's right, get it out of your system.Hold, hold, wait for your moment!Looks like he's getting tired..Oops! He's trapped under the chair, now is the time to make my move!Got it! Just as Master conveniently opens the door. I make my escape to the big yard! Who's stuffie is it now? Huh? Its in my mouth, trust me.I had second thoughts about signing junior up for the Puppy Kindergarten. I hadn't anticipated that it would involve Momma going too (can't the guy just hitch hike there or something). I didn't think it was such a good idea after all and decided to barricade the door so that I wouldn't be abandoned! But they left anyway.
Oh, finally, you come back.Dexter was given homework to do from school. Here he is studying.
Even though Momma was gone for THREE HOURS (because school is in Grafton which is way out west of 495), maybe its OK, because after he studied his homework, the little dude totally conked out.He kind of oozes out of his cage sometimes. I stay close by on my puppy bed.And then enjoy some grownup chewie time.Mango Man! Oh yeah!

17 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Oh Mango, I don;t know how I ever became a grown up dog without someone like you around to mentor and head butt me. Dexter is so lucky.

xo
SB

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
I love paper bags too! They are great things to play with!
Maybe next time you can go with Dexter to his classes, just to make sure he does it well!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kirby said...

Mango, you are such a good brother. Although I agree with you, no Mom should leave for three hours with 'the other dog'. That's just not right. I sure hope you get quality Mango cuddles post class. Keep up the great mentoring. I think Dexter is going to turn out to be alright.

Your pal,
Kirby

Joe Stains said...

Sounds like things are getting in order around your place, I complain about Tanner but he was at least KIND of broken in when we got him. Good luck with that little dude!

Noah the Airedale said...

Ahhh it's all going well then. Your plan to dognap the chewies and stuffies off Dexter sounds pretty good. We knew you'd figure it all out after all you're one smart dude.
Have a great Easter weekend Mango.
Oh the girls want you to pass on some dale kisses to the little guy....sorry matie, would you mind!

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Maggie & Mitch said...

Great job whipping this little nipper into shape, Mango! We love the picture of him oozing out of his crate! hehehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

BrandytheGreat said...

Wow, Mango, you're such a nice older doggie to Dexter, i dont think i can even handle that!

Sparky said...

Dexter is quite the rascal. I was 'lucky' when Patches came home to live with us and be my little brother, because he was sick and didn't get into too much trouble. All he did was sleep! We didn't get to enjoy his puppiness until about a month in, and then it was too late to give him back.

The Zoo Crew said...

It looks like you are doing a good job of supervising pee wee. And just think....even though your mama is gone for three hours, pee wee is gonna mind you so much better when he's done with his class and all his homework!

peace + paws,

Kai

babyphat523 said...

re: "kind of oozes out..." LOL :) Sooo cute!
Love that photo of your big mitts and the munchkin's teeny feet.
I think baby Dex will be nice and tired after each and every class (lots of work to behave!) so you can count on some good quiet time when he comes home!

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Mango!
I think human enjoy collecting our poo because secretly they wish they could just go anywhere. They have to sit on those big water bowls. Sounds pretty boring to me, they don't even get to sniff out a good spot first!

You are taking such good care of Dexter...you look like you make a great big brother. And good job with the paw flick! Us little guys usually fall to the bigger power!

My human laughs everytime she reads your blog, you have some awesome adventures and very cool mouth foamer. I try to sud up my mouth the way you do it, but I just can't. Maybe some day! Have a good weekend!!!

Slurp,
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Mack said...

Who could ask for a better big brother ?

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, I'm sure he's the monkey in the house right now! Aww, look at your paw paws almost touching each other's...I hope he had a great class today. He must be sooo pooped!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Cassidy said...

Me likes the photo of both your paws, cute! My tail used to stick out of my crate!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Ike said...

How do you deal with that little brat? I feel for you, man.
Ike

Peanut said...

Oh sorry your mama has to go with dexter to puppy class. That isn't good. But it does mean you get some time to yourself.

Agatha and Archie said...

We are so behind in our reading becasue PL worked 3 12 hour shifts ina row and we couldn't get to the computer and then she compained she was tired,,,geesh.Looks like you are getting thing sunder control..good show!! Love A+A