Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wheelie Wednesday

Hector here.




I decided to take advantage of the construction stuff in the house to get a good work out by practicing climbing up and down the ladder. Sort of like my own wheelie stairmaster.


Afterwords, I caught up on my reading. I just LOVE statistics (guess I take after my Mom).


Then I enjoyed a cocktail on the observation deck and watching the sunset.

That got me to thinking that there has been a bit of mud slinging going on between Mango and Dexter lately (almost like watching the democratic nominees). But really, the guys are great pals and they need to show some restraint in their blogs. I decided to give them both a talking to.

It seemed prudent to discuss this issue with Dexter while he was relaxing in his crate, but he gave me his full attention.

Next, I started explaining to Mango that as the elder, he needs to set a good example. At first he did not want to listen to me.But then I explained to him that he needs to take the high road and not make up bad stories about his baby brother and I think he got the message.All of this was hard work and quite fatiguing. And one thing Mango is better at than any other doggie is being a good cuddle buddy.Hector wheelie. Over and out.

12 comments:

Sami said...

Oh Hector what a nice thing your doing for Dexter & Mango! You are so right! Mango..smile your handsome!

Lovei Dovie Girl,
Baylee Boo

Joe Stains said...

I am glad someone there is talking some sense into those two. You sure do have quite the life. Wheelies are lucky to be able to have cocktails. I am practicing my meditating on my blog today!

Lorenza said...

Hola Hector!
Those two need lots of work to convince them! But I am sure you can do it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Amber-Mae said...

Hi Hector! I've not had any cocktail before. Does it taste good?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Randi said...

Oh Hector..good think you were the voice of reason...you are right..there was a bit of mudslinging between Mango & DexterLabradude....the only mud that should be on their faces is from swimming in a mud pit at the Mango Estate!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Agatha and Archie said...

Hector,what a good idea...we are off for cocktails!!!! Love A+A(are you loving this weather!!!???

Maggie & Mitch said...

Hi Hector!
Do you think maybe you over-did the explaining stuff to Mango? He kinds looks sad and it looks like in that last picture he's ignoring you like you hurt his feelings! Just our opinion!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You're so clever and cool Hector. Good work on working with Dexter and Mango

~ Girl girl

Mack said...

Hector,
I think you got your message across. You are a true peace maker.

Deetz said...

Thanks Mango. I think my mum has decided to keep the hair on my ears...She may have the insides trimmed so I hear her better. Paw hug Dexter for me...
Deetz

Toffee said...

Are meditating and sleeping the same thing? I love to sleep...and eat..and sniff out stuff.

Just stopped by your blog from Agatha & Archie's blog. Hector I love the wheels dude! How do they handle in the winter?

Does Dexter watch the T.V. show Dexter on Sunday? It is pretty cool.

Mango! You are one pawsome dog! So handsome! Happy early birthday btw.
woof,
your pal,
toffee

Peanut said...

Hector good for you for giving Mango and Dexter a talking to