Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bring Your Wheelie to Work Day

I completely faked out mom today by putting this on the calendar.
At first, she was a little confused, but then she said to herself, "well, as long as its wheelie day, I guess I should take Hector to work" SCORE!

Turns out that where mom works, most people live in cubicles, but mom lives in an actual office with a door. That means she can close the door when she wants to focus extra hard on important topics.

While mom worked, I decided to peruse her reading material. Most of it was pretty dull, but I did find this volume which looked interesting.
She keeps a bowl of engineer bait near the door to lure the uber geeks into her office. Then she gossips with them to find out what is really going on.Humph! Where is the photo of me?After a while, mom said she needed to go to a meeting and that I had to stay in her office and be a good wheelie. OK, first thing I did was check out her fridge to see what foodies might be available.
Pretty slim pickins.So I started looking through the filing cabinets and since this is the paperless age, there were some curious things in there.In particular, a lovely boa, AND GI Joe!Plus a meaty bone! Thank goodness, I was getting pretty hungry.Now what? I don't think I need to stay in this office, maybe I can go out and explore a bit. I went to a very instructive lecture on safety.

But then it was time to really explore!


I made a ton of new friends around the office, and based on the painting that mom has hanging over her desk...

I thought I might try my hand at some poker.

I did notice that Santa Rat was clearly rough trade and appeared to be packing a knife.I didn't think too much of it until he jumped snowman and accused him of cheating. Eeeek!Good think snowman confessed, so everybody was cool. Plus, I really like my new pal, Gene KellyBear. Hope I get to go to work again soon.Hector Wheelie. Over and out.

29 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

WOW!

What a day!!

Guess that will bekhome a permanent addition to the MangoMansion Khalendar!!!

What a full AND produkhtive day -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Kapp pack said...

I think I'd get really sick if I went around in circles like that!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Kirby said...

Hector, what a wonderful day at work with your Mom. I sure hope Mango doesn't see this post. He may wonder why he didn't get to go to work too. Glad to see that you had such a great time!

Your pal,
Kirby

Saint Lover said...

This has to be one of the most entertaining posts I have read in a long time! The Poker bit about made me fall out of my chair.

Thanks for the laughs!

Peanut said...

Your mom works in the coolest place ever.

Holly said...

Hey Mango and Hector! My name is Holly, and my very good Friend Khyra sent me here! I love that you are bigger than me, cuz there aren't a lot of dogs out there that are bigger than Malamutes that are bloggers!!! I promise to check in more often. I love the Wheelie Wednesdays!!!

Holly

Snowball said...

Hector had a really good time at your mum's office.

Luv
Snowball

Amber-Mae said...

I thought that video was funny! You're just a nut Hector...Hope you had a great time at your mom's office!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Girl Girl Hamster said...

What a fun day at work Hector. But I'll stay away from that santa rat next time. He scares me

~ Girl girl

Maggie & Mitch said...

Geez, all I do is spend my days in the garden weeding and you get to go to your mom's office! Wanna trade moms, Hector?
I love the GIJoe hat on your head!

Love,
Autumn

Shmoo said...

Can my human woman work where yours does, it looks like a fun place.

Meeshka

Dark said...

Hi Mango arf arf!
Mom's said that your picture on desk you are so cute!
Some sundays I go with dad to find mom's work an I see her shop jeje.
I like so much go in our car because mom open my window and I can extract my little head and smell the flavours on the win :).

Mack said...

I think you need to sneak yourself into Momma's purse and go to work with her more often!!

But just don't turn your back on Santa Rat - that dude reminds me of Lilly!

Abby said...

Hi, Hector...

So that's what it's like at that work place...

It looks like sooo much fun...No wonder my Mom wants to go everyday...

Abby xxxooo

Wimsey said...

Looks like you had a great day Hector. Wish my human would take me to work but she keeps muttering something about drool and dry clean only.

Wimsey

Sophie Brador said...

I've been going to work with mom for ages, but only because she works at home a lot. It's not nearly as fun as going out to go to work. There ain't no blade packing santa rats here. At least, not that we've seen.

Your mom is super funny!

xo
SB

Deefor said...

Hector
I couldn't stop laughing. You really got into some trouble at work but at least you had some fun. Tell your mom she needs your picture on her desk too. And take a weapon next time. That rat is scary.

Deefor

River said...

My mom loves your mom's office. It looks like so much fun. She said she needs to put out some geek bait.

love & wags,
River

Asta said...

Hector
That was a fun day at the office..Good thing you bowwowed GI Joe's helmet, I see you wewe up t youw old twicks...did you thwow up fwom all that spinning?

That boa is pwetty snazzy, and how did the scans of youw bum tuwn out?heheh..at least now thewe will be a pictoowe of you to put up too.
I bet the office will nevew be the same
smoochie kisses
ASTA and Myrna

Moco said...

I don't think much work got done today. It was good that you were able to get out of the house and see more of the big world.

Toffee said...

I am dizzzzzzzy just looking at you going around and around and around and around....

did you eat lots of "uber geek bait?" It sure looked yummy - no wonder you had so much energy!

I am glad that you attended that lecture on workplace safety - I noticed that the helmet protected you on some of those sharp turns in the hallway!

Our Girl Blue said...

Hahaha...I'm usually just a lurker, but I just had to comment - the pic of Hector playing poker is hysterical! Thanks for making me smile this afternoon!
Bella the Great Dane's Mom

wally said...

Maybe someday she could smuggle Mango into work.

wally t.

Willow the Black Dale said...

Hector what a cool day you had! I loved your bone! I was a little scared there for a minute during the card game. I am glad it all worked out and you made a friend. Will your friend ever join you on a Wheelie Wednesday again?

Kisses,
Willow

Ruby Bleu said...

Baaahahahahahaha...oh Hector that sounds like such a fun day. Oh and my Mom has geek bate too and I'll bet she does serious work in her office too!!! hee hee hee!!!

Lots of Licks, ruby

Agatha and Archie said...

PL2 can't stop laughing,oh boy. Looks like a wicked fun day.We woul dlike to know thought why your Mom has a boa and a half eaten arm in her office....WHOA we just had an idea!! This kid Sullivan that Scruffy ,Lacie and Stanley sent us!! We think you 2 would be GREAT PALS!!!!! lvoe A+A

Joe Stains said...

omdog we are laughing at your adventures big time over here! I am glad to see your human reads my blog at work, LOL! how was the copy machine, get some good ones of your butt?

I really wish I could go to work now!

The Aphasia Decoder.... said...

You are so funny! When is wheelie going to learn how to drive a car and take himself to the park?

Levi's mom

Petey said...

Hector, this is just brilliant! I think you deserve more than one day a week to share your stories!

Your pals,

Petey and Wallace the Wheelie Wannabe