Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rainy Wednesday

Hector here! Today was grey and rainy and everybody is suffering from cabin fever. I met Dexter for the first time without the benefit of a protective barrier. All he wanted to do was sniff my butt... sigh.



The rain did let up for a bit in the evening, so I decided to check out the front yard.Momma has had to replant her annuals twice already because the bambis keep beheading them. Hope these survive.Now Master says "NO PEEING IN THE FLOWER BEDS!" But I am practicing lifting my leg and this little tree was just the ticket.Its still sort of hot out, so I opted for a dip in the Pi Memorial Bird Bath to cool off. Ahhhh....Given my extraordinary agility skills, I figured I could get over the stone wall.Phew! That was pretty challenging, but the view is great!As long as I'm out, might as well get the mail.Upon my return to the house, I observed that the front stairs are somewhat structurally compromised. Whoops! Guy could hurt himself on those stairs.Well, that was plenty of exercise for me, but the gate to the second floor was left open, so I just had to go up and explore.WOW! The view from up here is great! I can see the whole estate!Time for a nap in the guest room. Mom says it is the nicest room in the house because nobody uses it. Master made the bed himself and mom and master won the quilt at a raffle. Its really comfy. Getting sleepy...Hector wheelie! Over and out!

P.S. Mom says that there are some bloggys that don't show their photos when she looks at them at work (why would she do that). In particular, Wally, Sparky, Toffee, Moco, and Nanook. Anybody have a clue what's up with that?

20 comments:

Saint Lover said...

We've had rain all day too Hector. I am not liking it. Lets hope it clears up for the weekend and the dog park.

That bed/quilt looks like a perfect spot for a nap!

Joe Stains said...

Looks like you had some great adventures. Does Hector go up the stairs or is he not allowed? I know how Mango feels about stairs :)

Moco said...

Hector,

You were one busy wheelie. We love that quilt and think it is the perfect place to nap.
We don't know why the pictures don't show up. Grammie is a compter idiot. That is probably the only good answer.

Amber-Mae said...

Hey Hector! Looks like you had a great adventure around your yard. Those stairs look too dangerous for you Hector. How did you manage to get up without anybody's help?

Butt shakes,
Solid Gold Dancer

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh, you sure had a busy day Hector. Good job climbing all the stairs and checking the flower beds

~ Girl girl

Maggie & Mitch said...

The very first thing Maggie and Mitch did to me was sniff my butt, Hector!
The bird bath looks like a perfect spot for a dip!

See you next Wednesday!
Autumn

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

Hi Hector! Our mom was wondering what your neighbors thought when they saw your mom taking your picture in the mailbox. Our neighbors KNOW our mom is crazy so they would think nothing of it!

About that no picture showing thing...our mom has that problem at work too. She thinks it has something to do with having the intersnet through the cable at home and the one at work being DSL. She's not sure...it's just a theory since we never have that problem at home.

See ya next Wed. Stay safe, Hector!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Noah the Airedale said...

Wow Hector, Master is seriously clever to make that lovely bed.
We're so glad your mum can see our pics when at work....phewwww.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Mack said...

So nice to see you are feeling better after your accident Hector!

Be careful on those stairs!!

Peanut said...

What a busy day you had Hector. That is odd about the pictures. We have no idea why they wouldn't work though.

Jim said...

The photos are probably linked to from a "photo sharing" site rather than stored directly in the blog. You know how "photo sharing" sites are treated around here...

Google video == GOOD!
Google photos == BAD!!
???

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Once again Hekhtor, you've put together a furry wonderful blog entry!

I think perhaps woo should have your groundskeeper do something about those steps -

Woo need a ramp of sorts - I'm sure Master Mango will pull woo up!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Deetz said...

Ummm, that is kinda strange on the photo thingy.....You got alot of exercise for sure, and you are getting really good with the agility. I still can't pee on a tree.
Deetz

Snowball said...

Hector, Nice meeting you again. I love the quilt on the bed. Did your mum made it?

Luv
Snowball

Mindy Lu said...

Hector, where is Mango your protector? I thought he went everywhere with you? Tell him I am going to ask daddy if he would prefer a crate with a pillow rather than that Black Machine and hard floor.
Sasha- The princess

MJ's doghouse said...

geez hector...your wheelie adventures make me feel like we need a wheelie friend in our family...do you have brother or sisters....i am glad you are being a little more careful...but i think you might still be wise to continue to wear a helmet....

Frasier said...

Hi Hector
Wheres my friend Mango???
Do you uys take turns blogging?
Mommy said she thought of Mango a lot when she was gone home.She said she drank her weight in mango juice
Frasier

Pearl & Opal & Harley said...

Hector, it seems all of the wheelies have exciting times but not me, so not fair, will you speak to Nanny and tell her to get with the program. Nanny wants to snuggle with Mango she said he looks like a big teddy bear hee, hee.
Wheelies
Opal & Harley
Hugs, bellyrubs, smoochies
Pearl

Asta said...

Hectow
I think you awe the bwavest wheeley of them all.that was quite a wock climb..but you'we wight, the view is wowf it..I like you swimming pool too..and sheesh I wish I lived on an estate....
Mommi says sometimes you have to twy a diffewent sewvew..like if you use fiwefox, twy safawi..that's what she does when she can't see the pictoowes
wheeley smoochies
Myrna

Deefor said...

Boy Hector, you really get around. No wonder you needed a rest on a soft bed.

Deefor