Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busted, Bitey Face, and a New Toy



This morning when Momma got up she discovered this! I had somehow levitated onto a forbidden place during the night.

How'd I get here? Fortunately, she wasn't totally mad because of my absolute cuteness. But I did have to get off.




Next time I will have to be more alert so that if I accidentally sleep walk onto the couch I can slither off before I get caught.


I got totally busted over the whole hat customization thing. Momma discovered chunks of baseball cap in my poopies and forced me to confess. Apparently I have contracted the Addled Less Sense which causes me to perform acts of destruction.


We all know that bitey face is always fun. But inside, I am only allowed to bitey face the Relentlessly Huge if he is lying down. Something about bodies flying around the house and knocking things over. So, what about it, big guy, you up for some action?


I have many inside bitey face maneuvers. For example, here is my grab the face move.Followed by ring around the mastiff. Hey, I'm over here.No, I'm over here. Ha!The savage pin the beast down by the throat.This one takes special skill and daring. Its my face in the gaping maw trick.Of course The Relentlessly Huge has some moves of his own. Most alarming of which is the smell my stinky breath. Whoa! Rabbit poop breath. Yuck.Two can play at that game. Get a whiff of this!About last night. Yes, its true that just about when it was time to go to obedience, my leggie started to hurt and I wouldn't put any weight on it. Its no coincidence that I HATE obedience school. It is so BORING!!! My leg started to feel better right away as soon as Momma called the school house to say I wouldn't be coming and by the time Master got home from work I was fine.


[Momma - It really was like somebody flipped a switch on the little guy. Do you think he knows?]


Besides, I practice my obedience all the time. See? Here I am doing a recall.Agility, on the other hand, totally rocks. This week I did weave poles, tunnels, puppy sized jumps and the pause table. I have to tell you that there were a couple of embarrassing moments on the pause table. The first time I got on, I wouldn't get off and the rest of the class abandoned me and went to the other side of the ring. Eventually I got bored and joined them.


Then I got on and off again with no problem but that's when Momma turned into an idiot. My teacher kept saying "back up, back up." And clueless Momma kept backing up. Duh, he meant get back up on the table.


I found this cool toy in the garage. Its two tennis balls together. And they squeak!


Momma says I'm not much of a retriever because when I chase something I either zoom right past her with it.Or just drop it halfway back because there is something more intriguing.At some point, The Relentlessly Huge always winds up taking away whatever I have.Then he just stands there making the thing go squeak, squeak, squeak and daring me to try and get it back.But when I do try to get it, he goes AHAHAH which can be a little scary, so I wait for him to forget what he was doing and wander off.Got it!Dexter done!


P.S. Check out the picture of The Relentlessly Huge I put on the banner. Hee hee hee.

26 comments:

Biggie-Z said...

Oh Dexter! That's really mean about the banner! Wait til Mango finds out, he's going to blast some rabbit-poo-breath in your face

So, how did you levitate onto the Forbidden Furniture with your bum knee? hm? You have to make your schemes internally consistent, little dude.

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Dexter

I don't get the whole throw the ball and retrieve it thing. If it is such a good ball, why do they keep throwing it away?

I just go and get it, then sit down and have a good old chew on it!

Can you teach me how to do that levitation thing?

Cheers

Charlie

Randi said...

Hey Little Dexter Labradude!

You sure are getting a bit spunky....I'm gonna wanna see the evidence pic of when R.Huge finds the banner changed & he sits on your for hours....or does water boarding...one of the two...maybe he'll let you pick...& I'm sure water boarding will be much more tolerable...

I think you should customize all hats...& you better not let your ma throw that away! She should WEAR IT WITH PRIDE!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Dozer and Coop said...

We got a new toy too last night! It was (and still is a stuffie). Dexter, isn't Mango going to be mad about his banner? I hope you can run fast! BOL!

Dozer

Snowball said...

The 2 of you look like you are having so much fun!!! Sometimes I wonder what I have missed out on being the only dog in the family.

Luv
Snowball

River said...

Hey, Dex, is levitating a lab thing or can you teach it to anyone? Pretty cool trick. Bitey face with poop breath doesn't sound appetizing to me (our Miss Daisy would just love it, ugh). I like the tennis ball toy. Glad you figured out how to get it back from the Huge one. Very smart of you!

love & wags,
River

Eduardo said...

I wouldn't mess with Mango, he's really big! After I was attacked by a big dog I stray away from all male dogs, but nothing can keep me from the ladies!
Hugs & Snugs,
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Deetz said...

Hi Dexter and Mango Man....Gosh its been so long since I could come and visit...Wow, Dexter you are growing really fast!!! I wouldn't like obedience school either....Mango you are lookin good man!
Deetzy

Deetz said...

I was leaving you a message at the same time you were leaving me one....how funny is that!!! My rollover is perfected for sure...but I don't much like sitting pretty....I hate it when mum makes me do that
Deetzy

River said...

Twinkie question: my mom stores twinkies in the microwave to protect them from Summer the dalmatian who countersurfs. But, yes, the heat has definitely fried her brain!

Georgeous said...

Oh Dexter, can you reach the big guy to do bitey face if he's standing up?
Love 'n' little slobber
George

Agatha and Archie said...

WE can barely type we are soooooo hot.......Archie can do that levitation also!!! You are brave to do bitey face with Mango!!!! Love and kisses A+A

cookie said...

Hi guys,
Bitey face is sooo much fun! We love it. Our mom makes us play it outside too, cause we move the furniture when we bump into it. If you tell your mom that the cat put you on the couch when you weren't looking she'll buy it. We do it all the time. Darn cats!!

Cookie and crew

Huskee Boy said...

Hello Dexter,
I can't understand why you are not allowed onto the couch.. esp with your cuteness! Uh... u mean you chewed up a baseball cap??! Cooool!!

Sophie Brador said...

Dexter, You better not let Mango see that photo of the stump. Next time your head is in his maw, he might just chomp. So listen little dude. When trying to sneak off the couch before the mama catches you, do not stop to stretch your bark legs upon disembarking. That's how I got caught every time. Who would have thunk that she'd connect my cute little back toes on the couch with my whole body on the couch. C'est la vie.

xo
SB

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dexter!
I hope you don't get in trouble with that banner!
Are you mastering the bitey face game?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Saint Lover said...

I wanna know how you got mamma so wrapped around your paw..

Keeping dogs off the couch is a full time job around here, labs love comfort you know.

WOW what big teeth you have Mango... bitey face takes on a whole new meaning with that set of chompers. :wink:

Sami & Baylee said...

Dexter, I bet you know how upset Mango gets when you and Mommy leave for OB class. Confess you just don't like to be away from your big brother, is that it? So then you use the leggie trick? Smart guy I tell you! Clever indeed!

Kisses,

Sami

Joe Stains said...

oh boy, Tanner is so confused by the banner photo, I am not about to explain that one. I am glad you are feeling better. Obedience does sound like a major drag.

Asta said...

Mango and Dexter

Dexter..I think it's mean to twick Mango and sneek awound him fow bitey face..I saw how sad he was when you go to agility..and I got all teawy..you should do something speially nice fow him...
I'm glad youw leggie has miwacle healing powews..
love andsmoochie kisses
ASTA

Cassidy said...

I am really bored of my obedience class too Dexter, mummy says I don't have to go again after next week though, whee!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Haa. Did Mango saw the new banner yet? I dont think he'll like it. :P

~ Girl girl

Mack said...

Dexter my man!
My mom says I would make a terrible lab cause I like for her to throw balls for me but I never drop em when I bring em back!

Lilly will often times play smell my stank breath - one time we all had to be revived with smelling salts. Pee UUUU!

Willow the Black Dale said...

Ummm Dexter buddy. I think your body is as big as Mango's head so be careful when you are playing in that area ok. You might get swallowed up on accident!!
I am a spoiled princess....I am allowed to levitate onto the couch. My pawrents got new furniture just for pets & kids. They say the kids are harder on the furniture than I am.
Oh, Melitta left a message for Hector! I think they will be fast friends. We may have to watch those 2.

Smooches to the boys,
Willow

Stanislaw said...

Sometimes Pupi and I will magically float up onto the human bed while our mom is in the shower. I have no idea how it happens! Pupi has learned to jump down when he hears the water turn off but I'm just too comfy...

You make the best snarly faces for your bitey face game! It looks like so much fun. Ferocious beasts!

Petey said...

Mango Man!

You look unbelievably ferocious in that photo on the top of your blog! Can you get Dexter to run around you really fast and wag his tail and turn into a fan to cool you off?

Stay cool, dude.

Your pal,

Petey