Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dexter's Boo-boo Revisited








This morning, when little pee-wee got up he was doing his hop-along thing again, running around on three leggies. Of course Momma was beside herself and for some reason cancelled MY walk (however, we did practice our freestyle moves and Amber-Mae you would be so proud of me because I FINALLY taught momma how to do two moves together without stopping - and it only took, like, two months).








The squirt was having trouble getting down the stairs to do his business.
And afterwards, he sat down just looking glum.
Then when he went to go back up the stairs he kept stopping and letting his leggie dangle in the air.
Now I must say that at this point I was a bit suspicious. I mean, the dude was fine when he went to bed last night and momma did mention something about going to the drop in obedience this morning, so I figured that it was all a ploy to get out of school.

But Momma didn't make the connection and took midget to the vet. The vet made xerox copies of pee-wee's legs and sucked out his blood and declared that he has Panosteitis. Hmm... that sounds familiar. I think one of my little black and tan pals has the same thing but I can't remember who.



So he took some Rimadyl and went to bed.


Let me tell you, Momma is pig bitin mad at the stupid resident at Tufts who didn't take x-rays and didn't even know how to examine him properly to check for the Panosteitis.



Oops, idiot labradude forgot to do his business before he went to bed. Guess I might as well freshen up too. When we got outside, we were alarmed by what we saw on the thermometer.


That's not right. Dang thing must be broken.


I can see that nursing pee-wee is going to be a chore because no sooner did he empty hisself than he wanted to bitey face.


I told him, no, you idiot, don't you see that walking on three legs is sort of a sign that you have issues? Lie down already, take a chill.Well, he limped off in a huff to sleep in the barn whilst I commenced sun baking...Now momma is all agitated again telling me to come inside so I don't get heat stoked. Huh? But it feels good... kind of like being microwaved.I hear a strange sound in the distance, almost like momma saying, "Mango, get your butt in here!"Uh, where am I? I feel funny...there's that voice again... "Mango GET IN HERE NOW before you fry what little brain you have!"Whew, that was sort of like being in a sweat tent. I think I had the out of body experience. I must be in a parallel universe because in the world as I know it, junior would never be sleeping with my monkey.Listen up! I have to go three days without bitey face because you know who is supposed to be "taking it easy." So, if any nurse doggies want to visit to keep him entertained or if anybody else wants to come over for bitey face, just let me know.


Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Whilst cousin Jack and Grandpa were shopping in Boston they came across yet another shameless abuse of my good name to attract customers.


This is ridiculous. A store that only sells one dress? Attributing it to moi? As if!

23 comments:

Willow the Black Dale said...

Oh Mango....I see that things are not going to be good for you at your house! That poor little labradude! That is kind of you to share your monkey!

Since my family ran off to New Mexico I could come keep you company. Not a problem!! Oh big buddy...stay out of the sun. You don't want to bake your brain!!!

smooches,
Willow

Randi said...

Mango, you really need to get a grip on all those philandering peoples using your good name for their monetary gain...so wrong! Where are your reimbursement checks?

& What the hee-hay is wrong with PeeWee? I gotta research is ailment...

Love & Licks,
Randi

Peanut said...

Mango I will come play bitey face. I think the two of us could do really well. My mom yells at me like that when I am outside sunning myself. I try to ignore her but it doesn't work. We are sorry about Dexter. I don't know anything about that pano thing but hope it won't bother him forever

Winterdark said...

I'll come over Mango. We can drown Dexter in slobber. Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

I'll come play bitey face with you...It's my favorite game...

Abby xxxooo

Maggie & Mitch said...

I can't believe you were sunbathing in those viciously hot temps! Where was your pool?
We're sorry to hear about peewee's panosteitis! We need to go find out exactly what this means! Paws are crossed that the medicine works for him!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Asta said...

Mango
I would hiwe Scwuffy to wepwesent you and sue that stowe..outwageous!!!
Pleez stay inside..you will go out of youw mind if you stay in that heat..I get dizzy and confoosed unless I'm undew watew outside.
I hope the medcin wowks fow the Pee Wee..poow guy , heat and a gimpy leggie
hope to see you at the pawty
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Joe Stains said...

omdog poor pee wee. I don't even know what that is but it DOES NOT sound fun! I hope the dude relaxes. I would send Tanner but that would probably just get him all riled up! I love sun baking too, the humans should just leave us alone!

Biggie-Z said...

Hm. I tried to leave you a comment but I guess it didn't take!

PeeWee - Sent you some stuff on pano in the DWB forum. Bottom line - don't grow too fast! And be careful you don't take too much Rimadyl, it can be bad for your liver, I think. And TAKE IT EASY! You can only play Bitey Face lying down, ok? Or chew something in your crate.

Mango - WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU SUNBAKING? I don't even want to go out on my walkies and when I do I walk really slow and stop in the shade and try to lie in puddles. Or at least walk in them to cool my feet. Are you nuts, dude?

Oh, and that really stinks about those people trying to make a buck on your good name. Maybe you should hire the Coke v. Coke Zero people.

Pants (and shirts, but no dresses),
Biggie

Shmoo said...

Oh geez, the human woman is dancing with glee... not because Pee Wee is growing too fast for his bones, but because that was a topic she didn't have on that gimpydogs site she has. She's got links on info there now though, but has she posted the blog that I dictated to her earlier tonight? NOOOO!

Stay out of the sun Mango, its evil.

Meeshka

Snowball said...

Hi Macho Mango Man, You are sooooo handsome!!!

I hope Pee Wee recover soon. You are being so nice to take it easy with him for a few days.

Luv
Snowball

River said...

Be careful in the sun, Mango, and drink lots of water! I know Pee-Wee will be okay--my mom says she fostered a chocolate lab puppy with that (i'm not trying to spell it) and after a few weeks he was fine. They gave him prednisone. He's still fine now (years later) with a great family. Take care of yourself!

love & wags,
River

Saint Lover said...

Poor little peewee... I was about to suggest you ask about Pano when you sent me the message this morning about the aspirin. It is quite common in large and giant breed dogs when they are going through growth spurts. Be careful with the Rimadyl and if you can manage the pain with the buffered aspirin I would definitely go that route. It can cause jaundice and unexplained aggression especially in large/giant breed dogs.

Take care of yourself little guy and try not to over do it.

Lorenza said...

Panosteitis?? I have no idea what is that but sure hope is not too painful!
I love the sun too... and my grandma doen't let me take long sunbaths!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

OH BOY!

Did PeeWee make Meeshka and her mom happy: a new ailment for Gimpydogs!!

The OP Pakhk and their mom went to THE VET on Saturday and they saw a girlie MangoDog type - she was not NEAR your relentlessly hugeness!!!

I know your temperature pain - it was mid 90's here in Pawsylvania - I had big tongue too!!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Please be nice to your little buddy!

Sami & Baylee said...

Mango,

I like to lay on the deck to in the sun and mommy makes me come inside too. It has been hot here in Ky and she doesn't let me be outside to long. I hope the weather gets cooler for both of us so we can meditate longer in the outdoors! Hope Dexter gets better soon so you have your paw back to bother!Your Lovie Dovie Baylee!

Oh it was so hot here today silly mommy took Allie to watch her trainer jum at the horse park and mommy stayed to long in the sun and her face looks like a red tomato, where is her sense. I want to know why she was able to stay out so long in the heat. She forgot to put on sunscreen..mommies I tell you!

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my! Thank DOG you mom found out the cause of it. Hopefully after he finishes all his medication, he will have no more limping issues after that. Oh Mango, I AM proud of you! Maybe you can take a short video of you doing the two moves at the same time for us to see. I like to watch my friends grooving!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Noah the Airedale said...

Geez matie, Pee Wee is the second puppy we know with that Pthingy.
Little Bazzy, Ellie's little brother has it too. Pinky says I had it when I was young but I don't remember.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah xx

Mack said...

Poor Pee-Wee. Actually poor Mango, cause I bet Dex is gonna be getting all the pity treats and cuddles. You must practice your I'm so pitiful face before all the treats in your house have been giving to squirtino!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Hi Mango,
I'm Mango the Maltese kiddo who has the honor sharing your name.
My parents visited Europe last April and they saw the store Mango there too.
Can we be friends please?
I laugh falling of my chair while reading your blog," it feels good... kind of like being microwaved." Haha!
I'm so proud of you, Mango the funny deep thinker!

wally said...

Dude! Well--I hope your brudder does better with his Rimadyl (don't eat it all at once, bud, I did that once to save time. It doesn't help).

wally t.

ps. We weren't sure if that Joe dude had mastiff in him but he most definitely was part labradude! Watch yourself around pee wee!

Gaia the Airedale said...

3 hole days without bitey-face? Whats a dog suppose to do?! Wanna come over? Ill play bitey-face when I get over how huge you are hehe I may be little but I could take ya!!

puppy breath,
-Gaia

happy said...

Hope PeeWee is all better now. Your monkey is so cute! Looks like it's really hot at your place.