Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Dexter here! Before I get to the business of the day, I need to congratulate Hector for winning post of the month two months in a row from the Dogs that Blog! Way to go little wheelie!
Momma and Master both went to work today and by the time Momma got home I hadn't eaten in 12 WHOLE HOURS! So I demanded dinner.... NOW!!!

Due to extreme heat, after dinner we were allowed to indulge in home-made frosty paws (Brutus bowls). The Relentlessly Huge swallowed his whole and then was left wondering why he didn't get one.I was prudent enough to take mine into the big yard to savor.Even so, it was gone much too quickly and left me wondering if there would be more.Ah, but there were worse things coming. First, Momma went out to put little flags and things along the driveway in honor of Independence day, which I think means kicking out the evil Brits from the US (sorry Harry and Cassidy). Its kind of hard to see, but trust me, the flags are there.Then she got the idea that maybe me and the Relentlessly Huge should celebrate the 4th as well. So she put this thing on my neck. Sigh...I hoped that if I was willing to provide one good shot with the stupid thing on my neck that she would be satisfied. OK, am I cute enough, are we done?But noooooo! She says, "Oh Dexter, you would look so cute in my 4th of July shirt!" That sounds like trouble.Get this thing off of me!I bit the dratted thing until Momma despaired that I would (gasp) damage it, so she relented.And turned her attention to the Relentlessly Huge who was less than pleased with his goofy collar...But agreed to a single pose (note eyes closed... I think he is in his special place).No comment...Wow! Makes that shirt look better and better... how embarrassing.Dexter Done! Happy Independence Day!

19 comments:

Maggie & Mitch said...

Happy 4th of July, guys! You sure do make us smile!
Congratulations on your post of the month win! Hector totally deserves it! We sure do love him!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

Congrats to Hector! You guys really got decked out for the 4th, I think you look great!

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Khongrats to Hekhtor and his ghost paw'er!

I know my mom shares it with SMS gang - and they all about spew fluids from their noses!!

Woo both look SMASHING in your festive garb!!!

HolidayHugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Charlie Daniels said...

I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle having all that stuff put on me ... you look very colourful

Cheers

Charlie

Peanut said...

Your mom sure likes to torture you doesn't she? Happy 4th you guys

River said...

Happy 4th to you all! Dexter you sure were cute. I don't like wearing shirts either! Mango, you are handsome, no silly celebratory decoration can detract from that--although the flag in the mouth looked pretty cool. Did you bite it? Stay well, be safe tomorrow.

love & wags,
River

Petey said...

Mango, you look so patriotic waving (okay, chewing!) the American flag! Hope you have a great July 4th with lots of bbq treats!

Your pal,

Petey

Lorenza said...

Happy Independence Day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Happy 4th of July you doggies. You look really cute in those ribbons hee

~ Girl girl

Sophie Brador said...

Dexter, Very pleased to see that you have that nudist lab gene. Happy 4th!

xo
SB

Mack said...

You both look absoultely smashing in your July 4th gear!

Congrats to Hector on his second win. You guys totally rock!

Biggie-Z said...

Mango, you are so handsome with your decorations! Happy 4th of July!

Dexter, that picture of you in a nice sit is so funny because your head looks ginormous - almost as big as Mango-man's. I'm surprised your momma was able to fit a shirt over it. The only solution is to get as relentlessly huge as you can so no shirts will fit. That's my strategery and it seems to be working fine. That and "look so miserably hot no matter what the season that no one would ever think of adding more layers to you."

(Seriously, you think our people would get the hint - they don't talk about our magnificent "coats" for nothing)

High fives and play bows,
Biggie

Verdi y Gaucho tibetano en Madrid said...

happy 4th of July friend....
send a big hug and becarfull with the firework

wally said...

Mango,

You are fierce. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

wally t.

jen. said...

Ohhh that pose of Mango and the flag... what a GREAT picture... Granted, all of Relentlessly Huge photos are good but... photographically that's a good one. Love Jen and Bu.

MJ's doghouse said...

oh mango man...i was sound asleep when mom played your video and it woke me up and made me very sad....i asked my mommy why my big man was crying....she explained that you were sad you couldnt come in the house....poor guy...thenb...i saw your pictures....i quite like the smiling one with you and the flag....not too sure about the big bow big guy....why do parents do these kind of things to us....well gotta go relentlessly handsome...

Deefor said...

Boy, your family sure is patriotic. Hector is hilarious.

Deefor

babyphat523 said...

You both look smashing in your patriotic garb! Whoo hoo! Hope everyone had a great 4th and hope the fireworks didn't scare anyone.
xoxo :)

Saint Lover said...

Those are some of the best fourth of July pictures EVER!