Friday, July 25, 2008

More Pictures, Fewer Words

Well, its no news to my best pals that I have been so bloggie deprived lately that I haven't even been able to keep up with what is going on in DWB land. But I threatened Momma that I was going to advertise for a Momma that lets her dog blog whenever he wants to AND does not try to starve him to death and so she let me have some pooter time (provided I open with the following story).




So, today, when Momma got home she saw a red tailed hawk about the size of pee-wee fly up from behind the observation deck and perch on the fence. Hmmm... she thought, that's odd. But then, she saw a squirrel come staggering out like some drunken sailor. The squirrel had blood on his head and he charged right into this metal thingie we have in the back yard (story for another time) and bounced off kind of dazed.


Momma was all upset because she thought she was going to have to you thin ice the squirrel, but it took off to this tree and managed to run up it.


Meanwhile, the hawk was still on the fence watching the action, so Momma opened the back door and let me out so I could chase it away (but I only did it half heartedly, after all, hawks have to eat too, right?).
On a different topic, the weather here in Master Chew Sits has been WILD. You can't tell from this photo so much, but yesterday momma said it was raining like a son of a b$%ch (they even had tornadoes).

Now I'm not bothered so much by the rain, and you know how certain pee-wee midget hump meisters love to be wet.So even though I was denied walkies due to inclement weather, I still got to go big yardin' and play bitey face (but no pictures because the camera doesn't like the rain).

Afterwards, time to dry off. Now, I will tell you that the best part about getting wet is drying off, because you get all rubbed down and you can wear your cape!

That feels goooood!I like to hide under my cape, like Girl Girl. Can you see me in this picture?Other, midget doggies, do not know the restorative benefits of a good rub down.Like he is totally attacking the towel. Hello?After soaking rain bitey face and a good rubdown it was meditation time.Sometimes junior wants to meditate in MY bed (he didn't want me to show this picture because it makes his butt look fat - hee hee).Then he goes all obsessive compulsive in his bunker about getting the pillow just right.Its totally annoying because he is all banging around and wiggling.Jeez, dude, just assume the position already, alright?Finally!Last night, I was totally abandoned whilst momma and master returned to Jordan's.They claim to have been furniture shopping, but I suspect they returned to the IMAX to see the Batman movie again.

[Momma - do not listen to the Relentlessly Huge, we were furniture shopping]

Here is Master's new chair.

And mine...Plus a new carpet which should allow any color of dog hair to blend in.And this really sweet table (ignore upside down master examining the workmanship).Yeah, whatever! So this morning, Master found this in the garden!He says he is going to do the dental analysis to find out who attacked his baby squash (uh oh).

But the sun did come out today and I was able to enjoy my Friday evening rib bone. Of course pee-wee gets one too (why?) but he takes his into his bunker.

Whilst I prefer to enjoy my rib gone al fresco!Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Momma has promised me enough pooter time this weekend to catch up with all my pals. Hooray!

21 comments:

Darcy said...

Yummy new furniture! I hope the Relentlessly Huge can keep the Humpmeister from chewing it! Glad you got some pooter time, Mango...pooter...isn't that a name for a person that farts? Maybe it's a South Dakota thing...:-)

Saint Lover said...

Rut Rhoooo... you got busted over that squash. Better hide the evidence better - lol!

I am so jealous over master's new chair!

The OP Pack said...

That was a great post, Mango. You had so much to share. How do I get my mom to give me one of those bones? And that new furniture - do you get to try it out, boy, that leather chair looks mighty comfy and surely Mango-sized!

Woo, Thunder

Peanut said...

That is a lovely chair you are getting. It is nice of your momma to get it for you.

River said...

What an exciting day. I would have chased that squirrel for sure. Nice furniture--will you get to try them all out?

love & wags,
River

Asta said...

Mango
You suwe have lots happening at youw house..youw new chaiw looks weally comfowtable, and i loved seeing you enjoying youw wubdown..I could bawely see you in that pictoowe..you wewe so well hidden..just like GG...
That bone looks yummie..al fwesco ow in bed
smoochie kisses ..hope youw weathew impwoves
love
ASTA

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Poor squirrel!
Yes, it is hard to see you in that picture! Are you under that towel??
Those are pawesome chairs!
I do the same with my pillows!
Do you have special plans for Mango Saturday??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

I have heard through some good sources that squirrels are EVIL so I am not totally concerned with that hawk dude. As for the rain that is the most evil of all things. WATER IS AWFUL! When will PeeWee learn that?! Anywhoo, I hope you get lots of computer time and come say hey, even though I am in Russia!

Maggie and Mitch said...

I'm with peewee on the blankie rearranging-to-get-it-just right, Mango! I'm Queen of the nesters!
Those bones look so yummy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Mack said...

Wow Mango-
You chased that hawky? Very impressive.

My mom is jealous cause she wants some new furniture!

Noah the Airedale said...

Excellent post matie. First of all we know what you mean about being behind in blogland. D hasn't been about to help us lately.
Secondly, that poor squirrel. Hope that bird didn't finish it off. Maybe it was ok...
Lastely, do you think you'll get to try out the new chairs? We like to sit in D's chair much to her annoyance.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

Wow...Lots going on with you...

Rain, hawks, squirrels, towel rub downs, & new furniture...

You probably need a nap...

Abby xxxooo

Biggie-Z said...

Hi Mango and Pee Wee!

What do your humans expect with their veggies if they are starving you? Sometimes hungry boys just have to improvise their own raw diet!

The furniture looks nice too - when do you get it?

And why do you have that picture of a blue towel in the middle of the floor, with no doggies in it? I thought this was a dog blog??

Pokes from VT. Looks like I'm Al Gore this time around.

Bitey face from lying down,
Biggie "Al" Z

P.S. I never get starved and my Momma lets me have lots of pooter time. And I would love to have a big doggie buddy. Come on over to Biggie Momma's House!

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

It takes a lot of towel to mop up a Mango Man!

Yes, hawks have to eat too - humans sometimes furget this food chain and khourse of nature stuff - thanks fur doing yer bit -

Please pass along that my mom says the new FURniture looks GREAT -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Blogathon started 9am Sat EDT - please be sure to visit my pals - there are links on my page to them!

Dozer and Coop said...

Mango back! Dozer happy! Love your entry and your cape!

Dozer

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

That's a hooge rib, Mango...what kinda animal did it come off of? A hippo??? Yummers!

You got some pawsome new furniture there! Ours was delivered in March. Um...the day after it arrived, Scruffy pooped on the skirt of the chair. He SAID he was markin' his terriertory. Mumsie was not pleased to say the least!

Did you eat that squash? Um...I preferred mine stir fried in a little olive oil or at least grilled a bit.

Barkies ...Lacie

Pee Ess...Doesn't your dog dad worry ya mite think his new chair is a Mango sized piece of rawhide?

Chef said...

Wow, Mango. You're one big busy dude. Mama liked the furniture store but I was so into the squirrel and the hawk saga.

We had wierd weather too. We had funnel clouds and a water spout - practically unheard of around here.

Have a fun weekend.

xox
Chef

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Heeler's love the rain too. Dad says we are like ducks the water just rolls right off. Of course the rub down afterwards is to die for..
Have a great weekend..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Moco said...

That squash was bitten by a squirrel. Anyone can see that from this vantage point. Why isn't master out chasing them.

Agatha and Archie said...

Isn't this weather CRAZY!! TORNADOS?????HELLO this is MASACHEWSITTS??!!! Agatha has been hungover every day from Rescue Remedy as she is a bit nervous with thunder and lightening......PL1+2 are going to see BatMan this week!! Woo Hoo!Love A+A

Teal Chic said...

They are too cute for words!