Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Several Unrelated Topics

Hector Wheelie here to try and catch you all up on what has been going on here. First up, I know Mango has gotten two awards and a meme that he needs to attend to (but I will let him do that). Mom continues to be very lazy/busy.


More importantly, where have I been the past few weeks. OK, I cannot tell you too much other than I have been preparing for a top secret mission with my new pal, GI Joe, some small water fowl, and and a ston(ed) larbradude.
So, to distract you from asking too many questions, I will relate several short anecdotes about what has been happening lately.

Let's see, well, Momma saw a MEAL MOTH flying around, so she put out her annual meal moth trap.


The trap has meal moth pheromones in it. The hapless meal moths fly to the scent and then get all stuck and die (how do they collect that meal moth pheromone anyway).
Now, mind you, I have only seen one meal moth actually flying around, so I don't know where they are all coming from. I am concerned that the pheromones are so alluring that they are coming from our neighbor's houses into ours looking for some meal moth romance!
Next up, I need to report on how sad Mango is when Mom takes Dexter someplace without him. He knows that Tuesday is Dexter agility night and when Mom puts him out to do his business, he refuses to come in and instead waits expectantly (poor guy is hoping he will get to go too).

When she puts Dexter in the car he just howls and howls at the door, begging her to take him. I get tears in my eyes for the poor guy every time I hear him.

Look how sad he is when they finally return home. He is saying, "oh mom, how could you abandon me?"I caught Dexter customizing Mom's favorite hat! I quickly confiscated it and hid it. I don't think Mom appreciates fine art.Hopefully she will just assume she misplaced it and not get the little guy in trouble. He had the best of intentions.

Another unrelated item, Dexter appeared to have been fully recovered from his injury until tonight when right about the time to go to obedience school he started limping again and went to bed claiming to be too incapacitated to train (hmmm... wonder why his leg hurts on obedience night and not agility night).

But if Dexter is trying to pull a fast one, the joke's on him because Mom already cancelled his weekly excursion to daycare because he was too gimpy.

That's all for now. Hector Wheelie! Over and Out!

21 comments:

Charlie Daniels said...

How ironic is it that the Save A Dog Cap was chewed by a Dog! :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Randi said...

Awww Hector! Thanks for reporting on all the happenings at Mango Estate...especially since you are busy with your top secret mission...

& I think little Dexter Dude should try out for Project Runway..seems like he has real keen fashion sense & could really start some great trends..that original hat is FANTASTIC!! I bet your mama is gonna love the little extra pizazz that he added...

Love & Licks,
Randi

Shmoo said...

I wanted to cartoon the moth pheromone cultivation process for you, but the human woman said that this is a family blog and that sort of thing wouldn't be suitable.

Humans have no sense of science.

Meeshka

Peanut said...

It's nice to get the real story from you Hector.

Snowball said...

Oh.. Poor Mango, he sure look sad when he was abandoned. What a sad face.

I am glad to hear that Dexter had recovered well. LOL is he trying to escape obedience training? Agility training sounds more straining than obedience training I wonder why did his legs hurts only during obedience? Pee wee is sure a funny guy.

Luv
Snowball

Sami & Baylee said...

Poor Mango, sorry that you don't get to go with mommy when Dexter has his class. Cheer up cause it probably would be boring for you just watching! Dexter is such a great artist, mommy should wear her hat proudly cause that looks like it took some serious time to do! Hee hee! Hector it shows that you care about Mango to look after him when mommy and Dexter leave for class! What a great wheelie you are!
Kisses, Sami

Deefor said...

Looks like something mysterious is happening with you and all those characters. Some secret mission. Be careful.

I liked obedience school. Spoil the Deefor Treat school I call it.

Deefor

Sophie Brador said...

Hector! Wow, a GI Joe. I've only ever heard of GI Joe, but mom says her brother had them when she was a kid and her barbies used to hang with his GI Joes all the time. I bet it would be fun to chew on a GI Joe. Not to put holes in him or anything, but just to see what he feels like. What can I say? I'm a labragal.

xo
SB

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

We can relate, Mango man. Dad often takes one of us. It's easier for us because then the other two have company. Tell your peeps to get you another dawg.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hector!
A secret mission?? sounds interesting!
Poor Mango! I know about those sad faces! But I think he is a master!
I hope Dexter's leg is fine!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Noah the Airedale said...

Poor Mango, he looks miserable.
My sissies go balistic if they're left behind so consequently no one can be left alone...it's not pretty!

Shame about the hat. Wonder what mama will say when she finally sees it.

Hugs
Noah xx

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hector...can't ya just tell me, Lacie WHAT THE TOP SECRET MISSION IS?????????? I won't tell a soul, I promise!

Wow...ur house is as busy as usual! Mango seems to have some sibling issues with Pee Wee...perhaps you should think bout a third dog so there's more rivalry to go around...perhaps an Airedale like ur mom used to have...that would liven up the place. Dale and PeeWee could chase eachother and Mango could referee....or nap...mention it to ur peeps...we're sure they'd be thrilled!

Boy, has ur mom found the mangled hat yet?? That'll be entertaining!

We're guessin' it's too hot in the car for Mango to go to puppy class with Dexter...maybe he and ur mom could go out for ice cream afterwards...that could be a new Ben and Jerry's fav...Mango Suds Flavor....MMMMMMMMM

Barkin' at ya...

Laciegirl

Joe Stains said...

Hector dude, what are you up to?? I feel so bad for Mango Man being left alone, I almost started to cry!!!

Chef said...

Thanks for the newsy post, Hector. I was very touched that you hid the hat so Dexter won't get in trouble. Frankly, I think he did a great job on it. Tell him I said so.

xox
Chef

Amber-Mae said...

Ooh, like your soldier gear Hector. Dexter is so funny. I think he just likes putting on shows. Just like I said, he wants all the attention on him & not Mango. Poor Mango...

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Cassidy said...

Hello, gosh Dexter growed a LOT while we've not been blogging!

Nibbles
Cassidyx

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Why is it that humans don't appreciate fine art? I add texture to my human's shoes all the time and I get smacked on the nose for it! The other day I was re-arranging some Tupperware for her too..I had to quickly sneak it outside so I could finish my work in peace!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Maggie & Mitch said...

It's so nice to see you, Hector! I love a man in uniform *swoons*
We can't wait to hear all about your secret mission with GIJoe!
Not again, Dexter! We hope you feel better soon!

Love ya lots,
Autumn, Maggie and Mitch

Mack said...

I do the exact same thing when my mom takes my sissies somewhere and leaves me at home.
It is just not right!

Hector, I am a little worried about your top secret mission. Please be careful and remember to call home at least every other day!

Asta said...

Hector
I'm dying to know what youw secwet mission is..I couldn't post this week cause Mommi is too busy taking cawe of auntie Kawen..I hope my fwiends won't fowget me..
guess what Hectow..Gilbewt pwoposed to me..sighhhh..and, and I ..said yes!!!!!
Plop
(Myrna just fainted..she keeps doing this..I don't see how this wedding will evew happen...ASTA)

Willow the Black Dale said...

Hector,
My family was busy packing for their trip on Wednesday. You are way way cute. Yes I am a girl!!! Thanks for the compliment. You look good in a soldiers uniform. My mom told me that is how she fell for my dad. He was a Marine!!!

See ya next Wednesday,
Melitta