Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dexterous Dexter

That's right! Its Dexter Day!

What is wrong with this picture? Absolutely nothing. This is just a shot of me in MY bed which is very large and comfy and certainly NOT the Relentlessly Huge's bed at all any more. It is not!

MINE!






Why? Because while some dinosaur sized beasties consider spinning around to be exercise, I, Dexter, actually work out and require a comfy bed to recover from my daily exercise.


The peoples appear obsessed with this thing called retrieving and every day (sometimes more than once a day) I am compelled to chase silly objects that they throw away and bring them back. Here we go... chase...


Bring back...Come on, throw it already.Chase...Bring back. Ho hum. I mean if you want the thing so badly why do you keep throwing it away?Let's get on to something that is actually fun for ME! First of all, getting really wet is important because once you are wet you have super powers that let you fly and levitate. Allow me to demonstrate. Here I am getting a good soaking to activate my super powers.Once thoroughly soaked, I begin by walking on two legs.Oh, wait a minute, I wasn't wet enough, please apply more water.That's better, I am beginning to feel ready for lift off.Whoops! Wipe out, more water please.There we go. See? My back leggies can hardly stay on the ground.Feeling almost aire borne.Ready for take off and...Woo hoo! I am flying!Dexter done!

25 comments:

Eduardo said...

Awesome Dexter! I want to come over there & play with you! I love fetch!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Dexter

WOW it really looks like you are flying .. and you look sooooooo tall when you walk on two legs!

Cheers

Charlie

The OP Pack said...

Looks like you almost crashed with Mango:) Love that flying shot.

Wags, the OP Pack

babyphat523 said...

Woweeee, those are amazing actions shots Dexter.
Looks like you had a blast!

xo :)

Agatha and Archie said...

How high can you get??????Love A+A

Sophie Brador said...

Woo! Dex! That's excellent. Oh to have the legs of a youngen again.

xo
SB

Saint Lover said...

Look at him enjoying that hose! I love it!

Kirby said...

WOW Dexter, you really do fly. That is so great!! I'd be careful resting on the Relentessly Huge's bed. He is one pooch I wouldn't mess with, but since you are his little bro, I guess you're in good with him. He he!!

Your pal,
Kirby

Booker the Treeing Walker said...

Great shots! But Booker doesn't understand the fascination with 1. fetch and 2. water (other than for drinking. That is truly wonderful bed ... almost as big as my H-Moms!

The Zoo Crew said...

Hey Dexter--

We actually have something in common (besides having huge brothers)! I go totally maniacal when I see water too.....mom needs to take pictures of me so I can show you sometime!

Willow

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dexter!
I have a bed as big as that one... and my mom thinks it is hers!
I love to see your action pictures!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

River said...

The amazing flying Dexter! I had no idea of the power of water--does it only work for labs? I wouldn't want to try it unless I thought it would work (I hate to get wet).

love & wags,
River

Asta said...

Dexter
I nevew knew watew had such magical powews..I just get soaked and loook like a wet wat..but you look fantastic..flying wooohoooo
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess kiss Mango fow me too

Maggie and Mitch said...

You sure do love being shot with the hose, Dexter! Great pictures!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Impressive work there PeeWee -

This retrieving things? One more item on MY list of 'ha, what? me??' things -

Have a great Friday -

Please be nice to Mango The Man The Legend The Larger than Large!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Niamh said...

Dexter,

You are one Leaping Lab! Excellent photos. What if you are lying on the bed and Mango decides to lie down too. Be careful - you will get mashed.

Your friend,
Niamh

Mack said...

Those are some AWESOME pics!

Noah the Airedale said...

You're hilarous Dexter. You're almost flying. Amazing what a good soaking can do.

tailwags
Noah

Ferndoggle said...

Dexter, I'd play fetch with you ALL DAY!

Lola

Dozer and Coop said...

Water from a hose is the best invention these bipeds have come up with to date.

Dozer

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

But if you're in the corner like that it invites someone else to hog in. We love to plasy in the water, too. At least the boys do. Princess is another story...

Georgeous said...

Your soOOo brave with that wet stuff that makes you fly! It sure would scare me.
Snuffs George

Biggie-Z said...

Wow, Dexter! you are some mobile puppy! Yes, water is wonderful, isn't it? Have you tried sticking your whole head in the water dish (the permanent dish in the bathroom will do if your regular dish isn't deep enough), and then going up to your humans for huggins? THAT will give THEM some exercise as they run away from you!

hee hee,
Biggie

P.S. I was just kidding about the deep dish in the bathroom. I have never done such a thing because my parents keep the lid on it all the time. They're no dummies.

Abby said...

Hi, Dexter...

Wow...You are really flying...I didn't know water could hlep you do that...

Abby xxxooo

Joe Stains said...

omdog Dexter dude you are AMAZING! I wonder how much water it would take to get Mango off the ground? the pacific?? LOL