Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm a Retriever!

That's right! Its Dexter day! Check out how handsome I am becoming.Regarding this whole discussion about whose toys are whose. First off, all the toys around here are super sized, lest some dinosaur sized beasties accidentally swallow them. That makes it tough on a normal sized dude such as myself to really play properly. Plus, the RH doesn't actually "play" with anything. Instead, he just creates a perimeter of toys and gets all grouchy if anybody else tries to take one. Come on, check this out, he's got the duck by his fabulously large butt. I suppose if he let loose with one of his relentlessly huge farts the duckie would shoot across the yard, but that isn't really playing, now is it?




Does this look like he is actually doing anything productive with the duck other than keeping me away from it? Plus, I assure you, that the point in space he is so fixated on has nothing in it.Fortunately, the effort of actually "thinking" about stuffies soon wears the big guy out.Then I can go into action.I find myself irresistibly drawn to chase things. I indicate to Momma what I would like most to chase thusly.And she throws it and I bring it back. Now I'm not sure why this is so satisfying, but it sure is.Different things present different challenges for the chase... hmmm... holy roller or kong?Kong! This is great!Sounds like "drop it?"Sure, but only if you promise to throw it again. Oops! These toys are so relentlessly huge that sometimes they kind of slip out of my mouth.And sometimes I am SO FAST that I run right past Momma before stopping.But overall, this retrieving stuff is a total blast! Plus it makes Momma super happy every time I bring it back because she never had a good retriever dog like me before.Dexter done!

P.S. From Mango Momma... I have been totally hogging the computer, but I promise to give my Bubba extra time to catch up with his pals this weekend.

22 comments:

Moco said...

Different strokes for different folks. Enjoy your chasing and let Mango enjoy his laying.
We are curious about how far that duck will go on one Mango fart.

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

I'm glad to see we are the only one wondering the same thing moco said: how far will a projekhtile dukhk go with one Mango fart!?!

Khute PeeWee - Khute!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Willow the Black Dale said...

Dexter it is time for you to do the Ducky/Mango/fart experiment. I gotta see how far it can go. Can you do the hidden camera thingy! OR you could bribe him: Mango I record the ducky fawt to everyone or you hand over the MONKEY!! teehee

I love the holy ball....mine is blue. You keep making your mommy proud!

Love,
Willow

Scottie the 'cutie' said...

Hi Dexter!

Wow,you really are a good retriever! My Mom always throws things for me to fetch too,but I always take the toy and dash off somewhere else...=P

Love Mango's photo with the duck under his butt! LOL! Like Moco and Khyra, I wonder how far it might go if Mango let one rip...*wink*

Scottie

Charlie Daniels said...

So are you taking bets on how far a mango fart powered duck with travel ? ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

Sami & Baylee said...

Dexter you are going up to be such a handsome retriever!
Kisses,
Sami

Niamh said...

You are a great retriever Dexter. Let Mango fool around with his ducks and you can corner the market on Kongs.

Your friend,
Niamh

Joe Stains said...

PeeWee, it does not matter how Mango enjoys playing with HIS toys what matters is that they are HIS toys. Kids today, I swear...

Biggie-Z said...

PeeWee, you sure are handsome, but what on earth is so satisfying about retrieving?? If your humans throw something away, what makes you think they want it back? That is why I bring it back twice. I say, "are you SURE you want to throw it away?" and if they keep on throwing it away, I guess they are mad at it or something.

Also, I totally get the Mango toy-collecting game. It is so satisfying to make a pile of toys and lie on them. And I don't even have a PeeWee to torment! Wanna come over and I show you my toys? I'll share a little. Well, at least more than Mango does. You can have a toy I don't really like. Just one.

Cheers, Biggie

Amber-Mae said...

Dexter, you are looking more like a Rabador Letriever everyday! You'll be a great retriever & swimmer too!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

The OP Pack said...

Oh, we so see a post coming soon - Mango Farts and the Flying Duck!!!

Hey, woo are one cute brown-eyed pupster.

Wags and woos, the OP Pack

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey Dexter you've got your retrieving duties down pat matie.
Good job.

tailwags
Noah

River said...

Retriever retrieving--yep, all is right with the world. Dexter Peewee you sure are growing up fast! I want to see a fart-powered flying duck though.

love & wags,
River

Aniemother said...

There's nothing wrong with relaxing in the company of a good stuffie. I do that all the time.. but that's one massively huge kong.. IT's probably about the size of Virus.. BOL!

Bajas

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Hello Dexter, good to see you.
Whoa, I didn't realize how huge Mango is 'til I watched the video clip. Let me see, he's about the size of a Tiger? a Jaguar?
I wt only 6 lbs so it will shoot me out of this planet if I wandered behind him when he broke the wind!
Cheers!

.

Eric said...

He, he I'm still laughing bout the Duckie and the Mago fart. Er..no need for you to retrieve the Duckie afterwards Dexter!

Wags, Eric x

Booker the Treeing Walker said...

You know your job, and you do a good job of it! What awesome retrieving. That's what Man-Dad misses most about having a lab. Booker will only a bring a ball back TWICE. And "back" means within 20 feet of him.

Deefor said...

That's just what I like to do-- make a perimeter of toys and get Arrow all upset. Mango's just the boss. But you do great with that ball.

Deefor

Saint Lover said...

Rockin toy collection dude! Just wait til the RH falls asleep and you can creep in and snag it away from him. That's what I do when B and R have bones ;)

xx Apollo xx

Abby said...

Hi, Dexter...

That retrieving game is fun...I don't know why either...But I love it...

Rosco does that toy perimeter thing, too...Even when I have a toy, he takes it & adds it to his perimeter...I say, not fair...

Abby xxxooo

Sophie Brador said...

Dex! You are becoming so handsome. Your profile is very angular, like mine. And you know, us retrievers are very fine looking beasts. If you weren't so young....

I have one of those holy rollers too! It was my fave toy too, when I was wee. Truth be told, I still play with it from time to time. My ma stuffs a tennis ball inside and it makes for endless hours of fun.

xo
SB

Maggie and Mitch said...

We saw so many doggies that looked just like you, Dexter! We kept waiting for one of them to say, Hi, I'm Dexter - but it never happened!
We're so glad to be back!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch