Saturday, August 9, 2008

Running of the Errands and Misc. Other

My friends, Maggie and Mitch, honored me with the Blogging Friends Forever Gold Card!




They said Mango and Dexter make us laugh out loud every single time we visit their blog. Don't tell anyone because it's a very guarded secret around here but we think Autumn has a MAJOR crush on Hector! (I think they just included Dexter to be polite - but Hector is pretty cool for a wheelie).

Thanks guys, one does try. I like this award because it gives me a chance to acknowledge how much all my pals mean to me. Here are the rules.

1. Only five people (doggies?) allowed.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.




3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to whoever gave you the award.

First, I am passing this along to Lorenza She visits me every day and always has something nice to say (plus she is really a stylish dresser).

Khyra, who talks kind of funny, but is smokin hot (sorry, MJ) and taught me about falcons.

Asta, who is very worldly and a great nurse.

And, OK, Joey and Tanner, and I know they totally already got this award, but those goofy faces always make momma happy no matter what and that's worth a lot.

Finally, my new pal, Maverick the Pirate, who lives in Missouri and whilst technically not another country, it is west of 495 and momma told me its like another country compared to Master Chew Sits. Plus, he totally talks like a pirate which is so cool because before I met him I only talked like a pirate one day a year.


I was hugely disturbed that so few of my pals could correctly identify what is wrong with this picture.



I mean, do I need to spell it out for you? The labrasquirt has been sleeping in my most huge and comfy bed!Wrong, wrong, wrong! Plus, he gets his midget labrastink all over it. Upon reclaiming my rightful spot, I was forced to position myself thusly and pass huge amounts of the Mango gasses to obliterate the pee-wee stink.


Finally I was able to enjoy a proper meditation.


I suggested to Momma that it was cool enough that if we got an early start, I could assist her with the Running of the Errands.Imagine my distress when I discovered that even my Mastiff Mobile had lingering pee-wee smells in it. I almost backed right out.Fortunately, he rides in the forward compartment, so I was able to position myself in the rear. Ready to rumble!I was concerned when I discovered where out first stop was.That's right, the library. We are always getting threatening emails from the library police saying that Momma needs to turn herself in or else. Every time we go, I fear that they are going to lock her away. Are you sure you want to go in? I told her that she should at least wear a bag over her head so they don't recognize her from their most wanted posters.She said not to worry because she would offer them a bribe and they would wipe her slate clean. She even stopped to look at the exhibit of walking sticks they have (not sure how a stick can walk). Next stop, the dry cleaners (boring).But this made it all worthwhile. Because our final destination was the dog store! Please hurry back...With my car cookie! Today it was a lobster.Gimme!I am busy eating my lobster. Enough photos already.Home at last. Time to disembark.There have been threats made about doing housework and paying bills, but I am going to try and use my Mango super powers to dissuade Momma from those pointless tasks and help me catch up with my friends.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

39 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

WOW!

Tank woo so furry much fur the pawsome award!!

I will cherish it AND be sure to send it along to some furry worthy recipients!!!

Merdie and I will be resting now after khoming along on your errands!!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I'll have my assistant chekhk the photo arkhives for some tail shots for woo ;=)

Peanut said...

Oh what a great car cookie. Glad the library didn't put your mama in book jail. Sorry that pee wee stunk up everything

Booker the Treeing Walker said...

Errands can be fun, but it looks like you sit in the car and wait very nicely ... Booker only goes on errands if he can go in, too. Yesterday we went to two pet stores and Booker was welcome in both!

Eduardo said...

That lobster cookie looks great! Mango Man your so cool!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Asta said...

Mango
Thank you sooo much fow the gold cawd..you can nevew have too many ! you awe a bestest fwiend!!!
I think you should come on my ewwands wif me..we get to go inside evewy stowe and get a cookie in most..I must admit none of the cookies awe as faboolous as that giant one you got.

I think hectow and Autumn would make a gweat couple.

I love all those gweat booty shots of you
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Dozer and Coop said...

Your cracks us up! Nice travelogue Mango!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

wally said...

Awesome award! Can you use that like plastic to order yourself a new bed without labrastink? I bet your gasses are wondrous.

wally t.

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrr Mango
Thanks for the award Harrrrrr.
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Barbara Long said...

I know what you mean about the library police, Mango. I am always afraid that when my person goes into the library a net will come down from the ceiling and trap her there!!

That car cookie looks delicious - i have never had lobster.

Your friend,
Niamh

Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

I had no doubt you would reclaim your bed...

My Mom has been threatening that housecleaning, bill paying stuff today, too...But I have caught up on alot of my friends adventures...I think it's goofing off day for Mom's...

Congrats on the Award...

Abby xxxooo

Abby and Jack said...

Our parents have spent the last two days cleaning the house! Now the house smells of super strong cleaning scents instead of ode d' Mastiff! How could they!

Sami & Baylee said...

Mango,

You get to go to the coolest places. That lobster cookie looks so yummy. Do you always get a car cookie? I will have to talk to my mommy about the car cookie because I have yet to see one, can you believe that? I do agree that Lorenza sure does knows how to dress!
Love,
Baylee

Maggie and Mitch said...

Your lobster cookie looks so yummy, Mango!
We're glad you gassed your bed back to the way you like it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sophie Brador said...

Dude! I knew that was your bed. You have to watch those baby labs. I was a bit sneaky like that too, when I was a pee wee. Now I'm all grown up and not at all sneaky. Just extremely confident.

xo
SB

Saint Lover said...

Around our house we call it labrastank... lol Hera and Apollo got pig ears at the dog store this morning. I HAD to buy them because Hera started munching on one while it was still in the wire bin! (insert embarrassed emoticon here)

I am glad you got your excessively huge bed back.

Willow the Black Dale said...

OK.....
Peewee needs to realize that your bed is a big NO NO!!! Where is his bed??? This is terrible, what is up with our sibs??? I feel your pain my friend!!!!

Errands totally rock!! I am so stinking happy that the library police didn't keep your mom. *Mom hangs her head in shame at this part* My mom just checks out books in my pups names now... teehee. She said soon she is going to get ME one of those library cards.
LOBSTERS!!!!Yummy

Big Smooches,
Willow

Kapp pack said...

Congrats on your award! That looks like it was great outing!

TTFN, Meadow

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Congratulations on you award! And thanks a lot for giving it to me!
As soon as I saw the picture I knew what was wrong! Glad you have your bed back!
You had an interesting tour leaving the best part to the end! Cookie car yummy treat!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Winterdark said...

That looked like a really good cookie, and a fun ADVENTURE!
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Mack said...

Thank dog that bookie place didn't send Momma to the slammer!

You always get the most yummy look treats from the pet store!

Eric said...

Mango,

WELL DONE on you magnificent award. Maybe you can pay someone to clean the Massif Mobile nd yuor bed?

I feel for you having to help with the errands. I get tied up outside the library - you think I may be held hostage till Mommi returns her books ?

Wags, Eric x

Charlie Daniels said...

Wow that Lobster cookie looked really PINK! ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey Mango,
I know how you feel with the bed take over....my sissies like to push me out at times....It's just not right.
The lobster looks delish.

tailwags
Noah

Kirby said...

Hey Mango,

What a GREAT lobster cookie! You are so lucky that you get a car cookie when you are running errands. Yummers! Congrats on the great award!

Hopefully the Mango gasses keep Pee Wee off your bed!!

Your pal,
Kirby

Deefor said...

Glad you got your bed back. Too bad about the stink. Fortunately my stinky bro Arrow gets carsick so he rides in a crate in the car. It's good you got a cookie and good they didn't arrest your mom.

Deefor

Huskee Boy said...

OMdoG.. your lobster cookie looks so cute! (but then again, no matter how cute it looks, I'd eat it in a sec!)..
Thank goodness the library did not lock your mom up, but I guess she'd be safe with u there to protect her!

Dozer and Coop said...

Hey Mango Man,

Mum said to tell you that when we eat apples off the ground she doesn't worry about the seeds much. But store bought apples, she always removes the seeds because they are larger. They aren't good for us, (the seeds), but the tree apples in the yard have really small seeds and we usually do not eat those seeds.

Dozer

River said...

You got your bed back and had a car ride and a car cookie! What a great day!

love & wags,
River

Chef said...

I knew right away that was your bed, Mango. It could be a whole lot worse. Your bed could have been hijacked by a CAT! Beauty takes over my bed all the time, and you can imagine how much gas and slobber I have to use to get rid of catstink. Totally annoying and a waste of precious slobber.

xox
Chef

Mindy Lu said...

BARK!!! Mommy took me out in the Green Machine this weekend too. And we left dumb puppy Max behind. I got a treat for being real good while they took a bunch of stuff off my toe nails. And I didnt even give a hoot about the other dogs in the store, as long as the lady at the front gave me a treat!
BARK! Sasha the Princess

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Hey Mango, I like your bed, it could fit for 10 maltese kiddo!
Lobster cookie? yummy!
You look so cool in your mobile, man.
Cheers!

Ike said...

Mmmm lobster cookie.
Ike

Petey said...

Man, that Peewee sure is nervy! I think the next time he invades your space, you should just sleep on top of him. That's what I do when Mica claims the pillow first.

Just a thought.

Your pal,

Petey

Joe Stains said...

mmm lobster, did it come with some butter sauce? I should hope so. I must admit I got caught up in the excitement of Dexters last post where he was flying, but I am firmly in your camp dude.

Thank you so much for the award, wait until you see what Tanner has lined up for tomorrow, he is a special little dude.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's a pawsome cookie you got there.
You sure are great running errands

~ Girl girl

Agatha and Archie said...

Hi our main squeeze!!! How about this rain??Archie is considering building an arc.....and the thunder?? I am not doing well with it....AND last night it was actually cool...MANGO WE ARE NOT READY FOR WHAT IS COMING...Love A+A

Deetz said...

Hey Mango...That lobster looked like it was all worth it. Why would the library arrest your mum? Does she not return the books? I bet Dexter ate them!
Deetzy

Georgeous said...

Congratulations on the Gold Credit card Award Mango! I see you went spending.
Your bum is nearly as sexy as mine - thats Molosser's for Ya!
You Rock Bro!
George