Sunday, August 3, 2008

Walkies with Master (and I'm a bad dog)

When Master first went to the hospital with the sickies, Momma was very anxious to make him comfortable so she asked what she could bring him. You know what he said? "Bring me a picture of my Bubba!" That's RIGHT! Not a picture of Momma or my human brother or sister and most certainly not a picture of the squirt, but a picture of his Bubba! ME ME ME!!! And who wouldn't feel better with this smiling face!
Master is supposed to go walkies in order to help him feel better, and guess what? He decided to take ME! Now mind you, I'm three years old and Master has only gone walkies with me about a dozen times, so it was very exciting. I promised to be good and he said he didn't need to use my gentle leader because I am always a good dog when he walks me and went out with just my buckle collar. (Momma was a bit nervous about that given that Master has so little experience walking me). Oh get over it. Here we come!


Let's go!Enough photos already, I am ready for my walk.

Later Momma![Momma - Note to Biggie Momma. Can you guess what is going to happen next? Let's see, a 235 pound dog that reacts badly to other dogs on walkies, an inexperienced walker (not in the best of health), and a buckle collar].


After we'd been gone around ten minutes, all of a sudden Momma heard me going AHAHAH! So she ran outside to see what was going on. Here we come (notice Master is now holding my collar).Not my fault! We were walking along and this evil beagle was coming in the opposite direction and Master went to cross the street, but he didn't understand that I really hate that beagle and I kind of barked at it and (oops) pulled Master over. Needless to say, Master was none too pleased (but Momma was a little bit pleased because now he has "experienced" how annoying I can be to walk). Plus the lady walking the beagle was the one who rescued me and Dexter last time we had a jail break, so it was kind of embarassing.


Now what Master didn't know is that beagle is always at the window of his house trash talking me whenever I go by, so I really did have a few things on my mind to say to him.


Here is Master giving me the evil eye.He isn't calling me his Bubba now. Sigh, guess that's the last time he'll walk me for a while (at least Momma still walks me - almost - every day). But she knows how to read my mind and stear me clear of danger.Mango Man! Oh yeah!


P.S. Mango Momma - Mango only reacts badly to other dogs when they are also on a leash. If he encounters a loose dog he is very friendly. He also is polite to any dog that visits him in his yard and is very social and well mannered when he gets groomed (he pretty much roams freely around the salon because they don't have a crate big enough and he interacts very well). Here is just hanging with another client during a recent day of beauty.


He just has some sort of leash thing going on. Go figure.

30 comments:

Peanut said...

Mango don't pull your master over that isn't good. tell him with the gentle leader he can walk you again.

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

Poor Master! Our pawrents have a hard enough time controlling the three of us, and we only weigh 40, 50 and 70 pounds. It's a good thing you came back with him instead of running away. Tell those other doggies to quit wearing leashes and you will be fine!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Everything looked so nice in those pictures! I hope your Master is ok! You need to behave well so he will take his Bubba for another walkie soon!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Biggie-Z said...

oh nooooo! I hurt my P-Daddy's wrist a little and he's a splurgeon so he wasn't very happy about that. Even with the Gentle Leader I am sooo strong.

Mango, you need to gentle with your humans especially if they have just come home from the hospital. I was very gently to Momma when she had to walk me until she started getting better. Then I started doing physical terrorpy on her arms. I think she likes it...

I'm going to go make a poopy post.

Georgeous said...

Oh Mango, I guess you've shown Dada that the collar is no good but hey, you'll be the bubba again real soon.

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

So, what would have happened had my fluffy butt been ahead of woo?

Would woo have behaved for Master?

Tsk - please take it easy on him - otherwise it drives up Pee Wee's stokhk with the Master and WOO don't want THAT!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Maggie and Mitch said...

Poor Master! Next time we suggest he try the Gentle Leader and he'll have a more pleasant walk with his Bubba!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

babyphat523 said...

Aww. I betcha Mango was just protecting Master from that Beagle! Knowing Master was convalescing, he just didn't want anyone to get too close and disturb him!

xo :)

Abby and Jack said...

I have some leash issues too. If I am off leash, I am a good friendly doggy, but when I'm on lead I feel like I have to protect my mommy and daddy and I don't let anyone near them.

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey Mango,
I totally understand the whole 'being on lead'. I'll have to tell you all about Tess & Lucy and how awful they can be when on lead and gosh sometimes when off lead too.
Hope your master is ok...not too many bruises!!

tail wags
Noah

Sophie Brador said...

oh Mango. I'll call you Bubba. Hope your master man is okay after that little tip over.

xo
SB

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrrrrr Mango
It is not yer falt that yer master wouldent listen Harrrrrr.
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Chef said...

Oh Bubba, what the heck did you do that for? Poor Dad. You'll do better next time. Just pretend that little upstart isn't leashed and you'll do ok.

xox
Chef

Charlie Daniels said...

Hmmm ... I reckon you were just really nervous about Master not being so well and you wanted to make sure that Beagle didn't attack him. I hope you didn't hurt Master when you pulled him over ..

Cheers

Charlie

Chef said...

Mango, I tagged you for the Name Game.
xox
Chef

Sami & Baylee said...

Oh My Mango, I would have had to give that beagle a piece of mind too, how dare he treat you so with such disrespect. I hope your master forgives you and gives you another chance for a walkie. Maybe you mommy could come alonga nd train you master on walking you so he knows what to avoid. We also hope your master is felling better and we are glad he is back home with his family!

Love,
you baylee girl

Booker the Treeing Walker said...

Mango, man! You need to chill on your poor Master-dad! H-Mom won't ever ever take me out without my prong collar (no buckle-only for me!) because she is afraid I will "regress" ... whatever that means ... lots of times I have real issues with dogs on leashes, too. I'm just setting some boundaries because there is no way to do a proper introduction with cautious butt-sniffing and circles of friendship when you can't move freely. Now H-Mom tells me "GOOD DOGGIE" and guides me away from dogs on leashes -- we do much better that way and I feel more secure that she is controlling the situation and not letting - especially - the little bitty bratty ones jump all over me.

Randi said...

Awww Mango...dont' pull your Master over when he's trying to get over the sickies...you need to have better concentration! & maybe you are a bit terror-torrial when you are on a leashy...I'm that way too...leashes are stupid.

& you are a very nice well behaved little boy at the fur salon!

love & licks,
Randi

Snowball said...

LOL! Mango. I dun think that you are bad. Your just wanted to make sure that your master know what to expect the next time he bring you for walkie the next time.

Luv

Snowball

Mindy Lu said...

BARK!! Mango, I totally get you! Mommy is still sore for when I dragged her off her bike and made her mess up her knee when I was trying to protect her from the BIG BAD MEAN Lab Dog walking across the street. Just give him the "bubba" eyes and he will soon forgive you. BARK! Sasha the Princess!

River said...

My mom tried to walk my dalmatian sister Summer and finally gave up--Summer was dragging her all over. Yes, we beagles are evil. But since we're never on leashes around here (with a fenced in half acre) you would have lots of fun with us. Be careful with Master. I'm sure you'll be the Bubba very soon. How can anyone resist those lovely flews??

love & wags,
River

Chef said...

Mango, I have a couple of pictures of my sister Rose but they're not very good. We'll be taking pictures in a couple of weeks when we're at the breeder's - he owns Rose - and I'll post them so you can see what she looks like.

xo
Chef

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

MANGO...Let me get this straight. Master is just outta the hospittal...he takes you for walkies. You pull him flat on his face cuz ya saw a BEAGLE. Like Snoopy? Hmm...

MANGO...DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO BUTTERS YOUR TOAST????? ARE YA NUTS? Whooooooooooa...Gentle, Boy!!

If ya want walkies, you can't go playin' airplane with Master!!!!

Oh my...I feel faint.

We watched ur video of your moves...isn't Mango and Moves an oxymoron?? I frankly loved ur spins the best. Oh...we watched it on You Tube...and ya know how they have other related videos you can peruse for your enjoyment??

We'll we watched Dieel the English Mastif eat a whole raw chicken. Mumsie felt faint on that one...ya gotta see it...it was pawsome. Scruffy, Stan and I are gonna get some popcorn and watch it again.

So are ya gonna start a Ban the Leash Program in Mass A Chew SITS??

Kissies to Peewee and soothing hot baths and bandaids to the Master.

Love and Kissies,
Laciegirl

Niamh said...

Mango,

I was so surprised to read that you pulled your master over since those first pictures showed you walking so beautifully on a loose leash!

I don't mind dogs coming up to me on when I am on leash but I know that lots of dogs do. Have you ever read "Click to Calm" by Emma Parsons? It has a lot of stuff in there about dogs on leash.

Your friend,
Niamh

Agatha and Archie said...

Hey you don't have to expalin anything my main man to 2 terriers....I mean one never knows who is evil or not...so go ofr the evil......We understnad you 100%..Was your master ok???? Love A+A

Saint Lover said...

cant help but giggle.. I knew what was going to happen after the first few words...lol

I bet master isn't so smug to mango mamma now.. lol.

Glad you didnt get yourself into too much trouble Mango.

wally said...

Mango--I have the leash thing, too. I can sometimes be rude off leash but on leash or through a fence I'm a downright jerk. Fortunately I am small enough (or my ma ape is big enough--ha!) that I can't pull her over but I am really embarrassing because I bark and cry in a high pitched voice.

wally t.

Niamh said...

Mango.

I'm so sorry that you are not enjoying your walks now. I love when the clicker comes out because it means I am going to get lots of treats. I'm sure your momma is giving you some delicious treats so it can't be that bad.

Your friend,
Niamh

Kodak the Eskie said...

That is to be expected when you are a good guard doggie! Didn't your master know you were taking him for a walk and not vice versa?!!!

Hugs, Kodak

Mack said...

Dude,
I can totally understand your pulling. You were just trying to protect Master from that evil old Beagle!