Saturday, September 20, 2008

Awards and Catching Up

Mango here at last! What a week! First off, I think I need to set the record straight regarding comments made by certain pee-wee midget hump meisters. I was in no way afraid to go up the stairs. However, I did cry out in despair when I got an eyeful of what had been done to the estate in my absence. For starters, the dining room table is now on my observation deck which severely limits my sun bathing options.





On the inside, the nightmare continues. I'm no interior decorator, but even I can tell this is not going to make the cover of Better Homes and Gardens. Is it some sort of weird tailgating theme for enjoying Patriots football? Note the super shiney floor which is very slippery and certainly not Mango friendly.Pee-wee's bunker is taking up space in my study. (Oh, Dex wants me to tell Randi to pay special attention to his front leggies as he is practicing his doga meditation pose - I think you got it backwards little dude).I was not walking around with MY monkey trying to get oriented. What I WAS trying to do was to find someplace I could commune with the monkey in peace.Sigh, this will have to do.Camp was relaxing as always, but I fear that pee-wee was way too spoiled and I had to teach him about which toys are mine (all of them) all over again. This dumbbell might look like a retriever thing, but it isn't.

My demonstration video on the proper technique for enjoying the dumbbell. I have de-sqeecked it so that it now just makes a nice squishy sound in my huge and powerful jaws (ignore stupid momma shadow in the beginning of the movie).

video

Ever watchful.

On to Awards!

I cannot believe how many awards we received while we were at camp (I can't make my font small again, please bear with me). I've been gone so long that it seems these awards have made the rounds of my bestest pals, so I am not going to pass them along to tons of doggies, but just a few.

Biggie and Maggie & Mitch gave me the kick-ass award.

I am passing this along to Bajas new little brother, Virus. I'm not sure what kind of dog he is, but he sure is kicking Bajas' ass.

Bolo and Dannan gave the Gold Paw to me, Hector, and Dexter (all of us).

This one is going to little Deetz and his entire family. Just because...

And finally, this lovely spirit award from Asta.

I am passing this along to Penny, Patches, and Poppy because reading their blog always soothes me. Even though they are aire-gals (which I realize means they are kind of nutty), there's something about them that makes me feel like I just had a cup of hot cocoa in front of the fireplace.

On to the Running of the Errands. Khyra inspired me to preface my trip with this brief walkie video.

video

Off to a kind of a slow start with the typical, non-Mango friendly destinations.

Today's car cookie? A starfish. Yummers.I perked right up when I noticed that we were approaching a stop which is not normally on our route.Is it possible that we are at... MacDonald's?I believe so. Oh please, hurry.MacDonald's french fries! Super Yummers!!!!!!More catching up tomorrow, but for now, I am going to try and find a comfortable spot and take a brief snooze.Mango Man! Oh yeah!

21 comments:

Abby said...

Hi, Mango & Dexter...

My Mom finally had a minute to help me catch up with everybody...

Wow...Lots of changes at your house...I can see how hard it must be to find the correct place to keep the Monkey...

My Mom says the floor is beautiful...

Abby xxxooo

Biggie-Z said...

Mango Man, that floor is deadly. Too bad you don't have a sound-sensitive nieghbor downstairs who bangs on his ceiling pipes when you start running. Then your Momma would buy lots of rugs to cover the slippery and dangerous skating rink floor.

P.S. You are still supposed to share, you know.

Niamh said...

Mango,

Are your people wreckovating your house and all your good places? Looks like lots of confusion. Hope it settles down soon so you can enjoy all the toys in peace.

McDonald's fries -delish. You lucky guy.

Your friend,
Niamh

Lacy said...

w00f's Pups and all...wow congrats on ur awards...

b safe,
~rocky~

The OP Pack said...

Hey,Mango, glad woo got a chance to speak up and defend yourself. We just knew woo weren't afraid of the stairs.

Congrats on all the awards - what an honored pup woo are.

Woos and wags, the OP Pack

Dewey Dewster said...

Oh My Dog...

We love Mickey D's fries too...Gram 'n Pap gets us our own small size....gee hope ya find out what's happenin' ta yer estate...it sure is awful when they mess it up like that....there should be a law.....

Dewey Dewster here....

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

OH MY!

I feel sooooo special! Woo did a Marching with Mango video bekhause of ME!!

Is that leash PURPLE too????

I knew NOT to believe the littlewhippersnapper -

Maybe that Martha lady is available to help The Mango Estate get bakhk in shape!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

PEE
ESS
WOO

Khongrats on the awardS!

Joe Stains said...

Dude, I'd be REAL mad if my house was a mess like that too, no worries. I am still not sure what your parents are trying to accomplish but you may want to call one of those home makeover shows on HGTV for some help.

Maggie and Mitch said...

You're so lucky you got to go to MacDonald's, Mango! Mom is always promising to take us when dad is away and she never keeps her promises! Evil woman!
You got a brand new shiny floor just like we did!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

BenTheRotti said...

Hi Mango,

a little tip for those super shiny floors.. don't attempt to break into a run if you are with 10 feet of a wall.. 10 feet is the minimum stopping distance.. just ask me and my squashed nose all about it! Mum reckons they look good and are easy to clean.. I say.. think of my handsome face getting all messed up and be dog friendly woman!
Congratulations on all your awards, you deserve each and every one.
Now i would like to apply for your humans to adopt me.. slippery surfaces and chaotic renovations aside.. I NEVER get car cookies or Macdonalds!! I'm obviously abused and in need of a good home.. please take me!!

Ben xxxxx

Amber-Mae said...

Wow, that floor is really shiny! The floor in my house are shiny & not dog friendly too. But I don't mind becoz the floor is nice & cold at night especially. Oh yeah bebe! We have that wooden dumbbell too & I used to chew on it. Looks like you like that toy very much!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Stanley said...

Alright, Mango!

I'm just going to say this and get it out of the way before I comment on your last few posts. (Which had me & my girl bustin' our GUTS!)

My girl is now and will forever be a slave to what she calls your "gorgeously juicy MangoSchnoz!" She literally LOVES YOUR FACE, especially the one where you're wondering if you're at McD's and when gently ingesting the fries (made in the French people's fashion) that your mama is giving you. There. I said it.

As for your little labradude brother, I think he's getting a little attitude, which all younger sibs get at different points along their growth path. A little reality check from you will work wonders for him.

I understand you mourning the loss of your full observation deck and the archeological pursuits going on on your estate. Did noone consult with you before they began? Weird.

Your dumbbell sounds like it has the hiccups when your powerful jaws crush down on it. It's a comforting sound.

Now, go teach your beastie bro a thing or two about how a ManDog respects his elders.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Pee Ess
For your information I do NOT have a mullet. I have exploding hair follicles.

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

You're right, Mango...that floor doesn't look Mango-friendly at all! It does look really nice, though! Thank you sooo much for the award! It's too bad we don't make US feel like we had a cup of hot chocolate! Congrats on all your awards!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Chef said...

I get Mac fries too. That's why there's slobber marks all over the back seat of Mama's car! And yeah, those shiny floor are treacherous, Mangoman. And noisy. You guys will sound like you're tap dancing. Careful when you run... if there are walls, wear helmets.

xox
Chef

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Glad you had a great day!
Dexter is so funny doing the doga thing!
You yummy cookie and yummy fries!
That floor in you house looks slippery! Take care!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Geegs said...

Mango.. You are quite the blogger.. :) I haven't had Wally Mellon yet.. you gotta let me know how it is..

Ohhhhh what happened to our Patriots today?! Woof Woof.. ;-(

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Licks,
Sadie

The Girl said...

Woah, Mango, I hope the estate gets back to normal soon. What are your people thinking, anyway???

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Randi said...

Hey Mango!

Did your little bro labradude learn that doga pose at camp? I'm thinking you were meditating at the time he took his first DOGA for labrabeginners...pretty good for a little cute dude...

So happy the Mango Estate is getting back to normal...but what the hey? Slippery floors? That is not MANGO FRIENDLY...I suggest you teach your little bro how to scratch the floors really good for traction control....you need to stand on all 4's remember? not slip & slide!

love & licks,
Randi

Sami & Baylee said...

I have missed my handsome Mango! Mean mommy wouldn't let me blog because of a little thing of having no power for 7 days but I think she was just being a meanie! I told her I missed you and needed to see your handsome face but nope she wouldn't let me blog. Mean Mommy!

Your Lovie Dovie Baylee

Lady Kaos said...

What in the world is going on at your house? I hope it's back to normal soon!!
Kaos