Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Goodbye Gizmo and Update on Dirt Movement

Mango, Dexter, Momma, and I want to send our thoughts out to Little Deetz and his family. Deetz is only a year old, but he has had to grow up fast. His big brother and mentor passed over the bridge this week. Run free, Gizmo.


Mango Minor gave this nice award to Mango and Dexter. We are always so happy to get awards from our friends (you meant to include me, too, right Mango?). Mango Major asked me to pass this along to Charlie Daniels because he is a good pal and we like his attitude.

It appears that the interior of the estate is finally coming together, but I am frankly dumbfounded by the dirt moving going on outside. Today a big machine came over and started picking up the piles of dirt in the back yard.


I cautioned the boys to stay inside because they don't have the commando training that I have and they might get hurt. They were pretty upset and there was plenty of complaining, but I held firm.The truck took the dirt all the way to the back of the yard and made a new pile. Is there some sort of Cool Hand Luke thing going on around here? What's your dirt doing in my hole?In the midst of the dirt moving, a new truck arrived so I went out front to see what was up.It left behind this pile of dirt which is apparently superior to the dirt that used to be in the hole, so now this pile has to be moved in to replace the dirt that was moved out. Is this making any sense to you at all? Adventurous wheelie that I am, I asked for a ride in the dirt mover.



That was... intense. I think I need to see a guy about a BUICK!

Do you mind if I just lay down here long enough for the room to stop spinning?Hector Wheelie! Over and out!

19 comments:

Butchy & Snickers said...

Oh Hector,
We hope you are feeling better by now. Hmmmmm, wonder what's up with all of the dirt switching??
Congratulations on your new awards!
Luv & Wirey Hugs!
Butchy, Snickers & Ruby

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Khongrats!

Would woo like your prize to be some MFT walking videos??

We are sad fur Deetzy too -

It has been a rough khouple of days here in DWB World -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The OP Pack said...

Hector, that was quite the ride woo took there, and that tumble, good thing woo weren't hurt. Hope woo are not still dizzy from all that spinning woo did. And lastly we commend woo for your great care that Mango and Dexter were kept safe.

Woos and wags, the OP Pack

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hector!
And then... you went directly to the ground!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sami & Baylee said...

I hope you feel better Hector! That ride look kinda fun till the end and you fall out.

Kisses,
Baylee

P.S tell Mango I can't wait to sit beside him on the new sofa!

Ike said...

Did they use that machine to pick up your huge dumps?
Ike

Huskee and Hershey said...

Poor Hector,
Hope you are feeling better.. Good thing you weren't hurt though!

Kirby said...

I'm straining my brain trying to figure out what is going on in that backyard. I can't wait to see what it all ends up looking like!! Hector's video made me smile, which was needed after hearing about Gizmo's passing. Hopefully Mango and Dexter will be let outside soon!!!

Your pal,
Kirby

Asta said...

Hector
You awe the bwavest most adventoowestest guy evew..Ihope the wowld stops spinning soon and you didn't get too sick..I don't undewstand why one diwt is bettew than the othew..they'we all pwetty good to woll in
smoochie kisses
ASTA

I am sad fow Deety and his family too

MJ's doghouse said...

Hector...it is all fun and games until someone falls off a big digger...you are lucky you didnt get hurt buddy...will you contradulate my big hunka mango for the rewards....

Maggie and Mitch said...

OMG, Hector! We can't believe you got dumped unceremoniously out of that bulldozer's bucket! You sure are a daredevil! Autumn will flip when she hears about this! Farley will applaud when he hears about this! Thank doG you didn't break any bones!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Hector, you look like you've got things under control though that ride looks kinda dangerous. Thought you were going to end up in traction again matie.

tailwags
Noah

Willow the Black Dale said...

Hector....wow what a day you had! You are one busy contractor. Are you getting paid for keeping up with all this work for the hoomans? If you aren't.....I would demand some kind of payment!!! Maybe Mango should start carrying you around so you don't get sick!!!! That should be payment enough!!!!
love,
Willow and Melitta (they still aren't letting me blog yet....darn puppies)

Abby said...

Hi, Hector...

Hope you are feeling better...That was quite a ride...

I gave you guys an Award...

Please stop by my Blog when you get a minute & pick it up...

Abby xxxooo

Cassidy said...

That is one big pile of dirt!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Moco said...

Poor Hector. That was quite a ride. We are glad that you were able to save Mango and Dexter from that scary dirt moving machine. We are sure that the new dirt has magical powers. Keep your eyes on it.

Shadie the Aussie said...

Mango-
Hello! What a brilliant blog you have. Hector seems like a pawfully smart guy, you better make sure you listen to him, I think he's got lots to teach ya.
Also, I'm not quite sure what's going on with the dirt movin', but I'm pretty great at moving dirt myself, let me know if I can offer an expertise!

Tail Wags,
Shadie

Oh and can I add a link to your blog onto my blog? Please stop by if ya get a chance!

Joe Stains said...

Oh geez dude, you are like wheely knievel!! Tanner LOVED it tho. I better go keep an eye on him.

Aniemother said...

You sure get into lots of stuff, Hector! Congrats on the award - I've given you guys an award too!

Bajas