Thursday, September 18, 2008

Home at Last

Dexter here! Home at last from camp. Camp was pretty fun. I got tons of attention and playtime with other doggies. I had to sleep in my own place while Relentlessly Huge enjoyed the luxury penthouse suite, but I can't complain. Every day I got special bitey face time with the RH. Plus we even had a spa day yesterday.


The ride home was uneventful. I even stretched out in the back of the Mastiff Mobile (can you see me on the right hand side)?




But some weird stuff has been going on while I was at camp. This giant pile of dirt appeared where the stairs to the Observation Deck used to be.Another archaeological site located near the barn. The dirt in this hole was so tasty that I ate a ton of it (or maybe they just starved me at camp).I was finally able to locate the stairs to the Observation Deck. They had somehow teleported to the opposite side of the deck.No surprise here. The Relentlessly Huge's head almost sploded when confronted with stairs in a new place! For those of you unfamiliar with RH's stair "issues", the ONLY set of stairs he is capable of going up and down are those on the Observation Deck. I suspect that he didn't recognize them in their new location.I did my best to help the simple beastie up. See? Its easy. I'm up here, you could be too.

He did eventually get up, but not without some intense brain activity. Do I smell smoke?

video

What goes up, must come down...

I am not pleased with the redecorating inside. Apparently we are now going to live in only half the house as there is a giant wall blocking off the living room and dining room. Mango advised me that according to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle there is a finite possibility that if he stays here long enough his molecules will spontaneously pass through the wall. Good luck with that, pal.

We were both STARVING! After dinner, into the one remaining room in the house that we can access. Its disconcerting having all the beds jammed in here. The Relentlessly Huge was super confused. You can just see him trying to wedge himself into my bunker.Then he started just kind of wandering around with the monkey in his mouth, like, "where am I?"To be honest, camp was pretty tiring.I'm not even sure exactly where I am supposed to snooze, so I'm going to stay here for now. Hey Randi, I think I look even more like a total grownup labradude after being on my own for a few days.Dexter done!

P.S. Momma wants to remind all the peoples that tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Could she possibly be more geeky?

P.P.S. Hector has been keeping up with all our pals and he says we got a ton of awards! That's really exciting, but right now, I think I am just getting kind of sleepy...

27 comments:

The Girl said...

Sleep well, Dexter! And keep taking good care of Mango!

Hector was awesome while you guys were gone! He kept up with all your fur-ends, so maybe he deserves a treat or something!

And one of those awards is over at our blog, so please drop by!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan and The Girl

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

it sure looks like things have changed at your house. Don't worry you will figure it all out..
sure glad you are home...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Randi said...

Hi Dexter!

You certainly do look a bit more mature & grown up after being away at camp for a few days...must be the right of passage sleeping on your own in a new place...you are very very brave....

Have you ever talked to your peoples about installing a RH ramp or elevator so Mr. RH can get to the ODeck a bit easier? My big bro Dublin was a big freakin baby on the steps as well...he weighed 100 pounds less than RH, but still...it was hard to move his big booty up & down...

Glad you are home... & can't wait to see the progress in the new doggie house...

love & licks,
Randi

ps..say Hi to RH & make sure his head didn't 'splode, OK? He seems pretty stressed out with all the changes...you'll have to help him adjust...

Charlie Daniels said...

"but not without some intense brain activity. Do I smell smoke?"

I love it :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Harrrr -

It is! Be sure to chekhk out Khapt'n Maverikhk's blog from the other day - he's got a link to finding out - harrrr - your pirate - harrrr - name!

Welkhome bakhk woo two!

Been mysteriously dryer around here!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

wally said...

ARRRRRRR!

Wow--what an exciting day. I wouldn't mind if someone stole half of my house so long as they stole the half that the OTHER dogs were in and as long as the FOOD was on MY SIDE.

wally t.

Sunny,Scooter,Jamie said...

Welcome home guys!!! However it doesn't seem much like home to y'all does it. Poor,poor Mango. Stressed from being incarcerated, and now all of this. It looked possible during that video that there might have been some short circuiting going on in Mango's relentlessy huge head! (the brain part not so huge? Is that what you are trying to tell us Dexter?)
Things will get back to normal soon? We hope so!
Good to have y'all back!!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Mangoman and Dexter, home sweet home again, glad that you're back!
I watched the video, Mangoman you didn't give up easily, up you went the stairs after all. Bravo!
Now act like David Copperfield, Mango, walk thru the great wall like he did.

Lacy said...

w00f's Mango and Dexter, hmmm they did a switcharooo on u...me shure hopes u can git it all figured out soon..

b safe,
~rocky~

Peanut said...

I'm so glad RH got up the stairs. Poor guy. You sure are growing up fast Dexter.

Willow the Black Dale said...

Two of my FAVORITE dudes are home safe......I am not sure about the sound thing but definatly SAFE!!! Happy to see you both home!

We can't wait to see what the house is going to look like when your pawrents get it finished for you two. Our question is.....where are they going to live when it is finished? On the observation deck? Just curious.

Dexter....Mango looks a little out of sorts. I think you need to make sure his monkey stays close. By the way....you look much older in your eyes!!

BIG BIG SMOOCHES AND HUGS,
Willow

Biggie-Z said...

Oh Mango Dude, you are perfectly big enough to get up and down those stairs. They're just stairs. Really. And don't spend so much time concentratin' that your head 'splodes, because I really like you with your head just the way it is!

Dexter, I just got back from camp too! I'm exhausted. It was SO much fun. I think I'm gonna like this camp.

Wags and play bows, Biggie

Amber-Mae said...

I bet you both smell like flowers after your spa! I think the observation deck looks nicer. Oh Mango, you're sooo hopelessly sad. The stairs are not that high but I guess it's the holes in between each step that makes it scawie? You'll get used to it soon.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

MJ's doghouse said...

Dexter...i prefer you to stop making fun of the big man for me. It hurts my mushy little heart. he may be a little slow...but he is my little slow...i hope you all had fun at camp...and in the meantime...i was being persued by a coyote...but dont worry mango..i told him my heart is for you and only you

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh, you doggies must be happy to be home. :)
I think Hector deserve a treat for doing a pawsome job here while you doggies were gone

~ Girl girl

Huskee and Hershey said...

Poor Mango!! I really felt so sorry for him when I watched the video.. but I am glad he managed his 'issues' and got up the stairs to the deck!
I bet you must be glad that you are home.. although it's a little topsy-turvy now.

BenTheRotti said...

Welcome Home!! Missed you!

Hmmm I did worry how you were going to take the house splosion when you got home, seems you are taking it in your stride.. but oh dear!! Mango seems traumatised! Lets hope Monkey is doing a good job of counsseling him!
Have a great ante-camp sleep and a great weekend,

Ben xxxxx

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee Dexter....

Mango looked pretty confused about all the changes at yer house....sure hope ya all get acclimated soon...that's a tough one fer sure.....

Dewey Dewster here....

Ferndoggle said...

Camp sounds like a blast but all that craziness going on at your house is a bit disconcerting!

Poor Mango and the stairs. It was nice of you not to laugh at him...

Sherman

The OP Pack said...

Dexter, woo look pawsitively handsome after that spa treatment. And poor Mango and his stairs. We were worried he was going to tilt too much to one side and fall off.

Woo might want to go back to our blog today - Mom posted an update and she thinks Thunder doesn't know.

Woo, the OP Pack

Lady Kaos said...

My mom has been celebrating National Talk Like a Pirate Day! I'm glad I don't have the only weird mom!
Poor Mango! Although, with his size you'd think he wouldn't need stairs. Just one small step and he'd be at the top!
Have a good weekend!
Kaos

Maggie and Mitch said...

We're glad you're both back from camp! So things look entirely different at your house! We think it'll take some getting used to! We hope your dad is a fast worker!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Niamh said...

I am sure you are tired from all your activities at camp. It seems that your family did lots of excavation while you too were gone. Are you going to get a chance to dig in all that dirt?

Your friend,
Niamh

Joe Stains said...

omdog dude what is going on around there? Poor Mango dude, I understand how you don't like things changing. I hate when the humans move stuff around in our house, I can't imagine if half of the house was now GONE?!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
I was almost crying watching you in that video! Glad you did it!
Are your parents remodeling all the house??
Have a good night
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Moco said...

Poor Mango. Change is so hard on some. You, Dexter look like you did OK with it.

Eric said...

Gee,that's a whole lot of moving happening while you were away. Sure the two leggededs did it Dexter...could of been those wretched weelies....your one seeems to have been around a lot when it was going on you know.

Poor Mango, I'd be the same, not liking my things changed, but he got up those stairs in the end - yeah! Man he was brave.

Now go and have a good dig in all that dirt and a good old rock and roll...

Wgs, Eric x