Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saturday Errands and Rain

Time for the Running of the Errands! Momma said we had four stops, just like I have four leggies so that I can keep track of our progress.



First stop, the gas station to pump high priced fuel into my mastiff mobile (don't worry, I think the $3.52 was for special fuel, not mastiff mobile fuel - I certainly hope so, or there won't be enough money left for Mango treats).



BORING! Let's continue already. Then we went to this dog store that we almost never go to. Needless to say, I was quite eager to see what upscale foodables this new store might have.Huh? That's it? We went all this way for... glucosamine? You're kidding.That's more like it, a little doggie biscotti.Then we went to Trader Joe's. Let's see, gas station, right front leg, weird dog store, left rear leg, Trader Joe's, right, uh, left, uh, two, uh, six... I lost count! All this math is making my head spin!
Alright, we can dispense with all that counting because here we are at last at our most important destination.Momma didn't want to let go of her end of my car cookie until she got a good photo. Subsequently, here it is entirely in my mouth with her holding on to one end saying, "wait Mango, don't bite it, we need a photo!" Come on, I already counted to four about 500 gajillion times waiting for you, give me the cookie already, this is my best sad face ever!In honor of opening day for the New England Patriots, a football (notice that it is still intact despite its previous journey into my most cavernous mouth).What's that I spy? Is there a bully stick in Mango's future?After much dillying and dallying about that wasted the rest of the afternoon, finally, it was declared bully stick time. Pee-wee took his into his bunker.But even though it was nighttime and pouring rain, I insisted that the only way to properly enjoy a bully stick is in the great outdoors. Can you see me? I feel like a dog of the wild enjoying his fresh kill out on the plains.After only an hour, Momma insisted that I come back inside. Thereupon I donned my Super Mango cape! Get away, squirt, I am Super Mango!With just one shot of his super vision, Super Mango can make cookies leap into his mouth!My super cape is also a disguise. I could easily be mistaken for an ottoman, providing good cover as I move with stealth about the estate.Does this cape make me look fat?Thus we conclude another action packed day in Mango-land.Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. This just in! My buddy, Chef, gave me this cool award!

Thanks, pal, that means a lot.

Feel free to just enjoy this award or pass it along. Either way, you guys mean a lot to me. Here are the rules;

The Rules:1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs that you've nominated.

I am giving this award to...

Bajas who lives in Norway which is like a whole different country.

Bolo who has an even more smoochable face than I do (if you can imagine that).

Deetz who is brave and smart and funny and takes super good care of his momma.

Dannan who is a new pal.

Baylee who is my second best gal friend (after MJ or course - don't be jealous, MJ, plenty Mango man to go around).

Dewey Dewster who is totally insane eating porcupines and what not.

And pee-wee wants me to pass it along to Randi who he has a total crush on.

31 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

What a fun short trip you had Mango! Oooh, that football cookie looks delish. Yum! I so loooove bully sticks! The last one I had was last year when one of our doggy friends from the US mailed us some. Too bad Malaysia sell none. I go sooo wild over it!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Niamh said...

Mango,

Your mouth must be enormous to fit a whole football in it! Bet that football cookie tasted delicious. I love bully sticks too. Glad you got to enjoy yours after all those errands.

Your friend,
Niamh

Willow the Black Dale said...

Oh Mango it looks like your day was sooooooo much better than mine. Your day ended with a bully stick. Even PeeWee got one.
I totally agree with you about the blog page. There needs to be more pictures of ME.
Big sighs,
Willow

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

What a great day woo had!

We had LOTS of rain too - I wanted to sit out in it but my mom khan be such a stikhk in the mud sometimes!!

BTW, pink is SOOOO your kholour!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Khongrats and great choices to pass it along to!

Agatha and Archie said...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!Woo Hoo!! That was some rain huh??At least there was no thunder( not our favorite thing at all) The cape is so you........ and $3.51?!!!!!!!! PL2 paid 3.71 yesterday..she is driving up your way for the next tank!!! Love A+A

Maggie and Mitch said...

Holy Moley! You were out in that nasty weather with a bully stick? You deserve a medal, Mango! It's was nutty out there last night!
Is Hector missing by any chance? You gotta check out our blog!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Moco said...

Gads, did you have a busy day or what? Time for a good sleep for sure.

BenTheRotti said...

Gosh what a lot of errands.. i lost count too! But at least you were justly rewarded. Just a quick question though buddy.. is your super cape pink? or do my eyes deceive me? all that aside I think it looks great on you

tailwags,

Ben xxxx

Joe Stains said...

You have the best Saturdays! I do not agree with laying in the rain though, water is EVIL dude!!!! I think you look great in your cape and not even remotely fat!

Asta said...

Mango
You should not have to do complicated maf pwoblems like that, thank dogness thewe wewe cookies and Mango bully sticks included, othewise it would have been a wasted twip..
You look vewy bwave out in the wain , and amazing in youw supew mango cape...I think you look slim
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Randi said...

Dear Mango...thanks goodness you didn't eat your car football cookie until your mama had a good pic of it...it looks absolutely yummers in your gargantuan mouth...

& I humbly accept the award from Little PeeWee...he's quite the cutie as well...& I'm honored he has a crush on me... I feel like Demi Moore with Ashton Kutcher...guess that makes me a COUGAR!

love & licks,
Randi

Chef said...

Mangoman, you look like master of the house in your red cape... it doesn't make you look fat - just substantial. Hey, is there any truth to the rumour that Hector is missing and was last seen on ebay? Better get on it, Mango.

xoxo
Chef

Sunny,Scooter,Jamie said...

You don't look fat at all Mango! Just relentlesly huge as always. You better take a look around for Hector. It seems he may have been wheelynapped! Either that or he has a twin on Ebay.
Hugs,
Sunny & Scooter

River said...

You have the nicest Saturdays! Always a cookie and you take it so calmly. That's a magnificent bully stick. I still haven't had one of those (hint, hint, mom)

love & wags,
River

Winterdark said...

Nice cookie Mango! Come and see MY cookie collection! I'll even share! Great ottoman shots too!
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
You had a great day with your mom!
Bully sticks and cookies! Lucky boy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sami & Baylee said...

Oh Mango, thank you so much for the award, it means a lot coming from you! I just love you! I can't wait to show it to Sami! By the way my daddies favorite team is the Patriots! I would have gobbled that football cookie right up!

Your Lovie Dovie Girl,
Baylee

MJ's doghouse said...

oh mango..i could never be jealous of a big hunka man go like you...i just appreciate that you still love me even when there are not pictures...my dad and my camera get home in 45 days...so baby..just you wait...and you look so beautttttttttttttiful in your mango super cape....

Saint Lover said...

Holy moley look at the size of htat relentlessly huge mouth. Was that cookie as good as you made it look?

Running errands is lots of fun when you get rewards like car cookies and bully sticks.

Great pix Mango man!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We love you super cape. You must be "Wonder Mango" You really had the sad face going there....
Oh Mom and Dad are Packer Fans even though Brett has left. They are cheeseheads all the way..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Georgeous said...

Careful out in the rain, bully stick or not Mango or you'll only ever eat glucosamine and never the more bully stick. No bully stick in the UK, plenty of rain though.
Love George

Dozer and Coop said...

Cool Cookie Mango Man! Mum is watching the Patriots and the Bears right now (she is originally from Chicago-land). We love your cape, it is a pretty color on you BOL! Tell your Mum you need a BLUE cape! You're a guy dog!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Kirby said...

What a great day you had! Mom wants to comment that she would love some of that cheap gas. We are stil paying around $4.00 in Chicago, which just sucks. It does take money out of the Kirby treat fund, and that just sucks too! Your football cookie looked oh so yummy, but I was totally intrigued by the giant bully stick. That looked delish!! I do hope you enjoyed it out in the rain.

Your pal,
Kirby

Scottie the 'cutie' said...

Cool cookie treats! The bully stick looked good too! Your trip looked real fun! I love going in the car too...*grins*

Congrats on your award! Hope you had a great weekend too...=)

Scottie

Deefor said...

Looks like a fun day. I like riding in the car. Can Super Mango fly? Not fat AT ALL. Very muscular.

Deefor

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That sure looks like a fun trip. Super Mango is pawsome...

~ Girl girl

Noah the Airedale said...

Nah that cap makes you look like a dog of steel matie...some kind of super dog.

tailwags
Noah

The OP Pack said...

Wow, Mango, that was one very long bullystick!!!! Just the right size for Mango-Man. Maybe if woo wear your cape outside, woo can learn to fly and catch that frisbee tomorrow.

Woo, the OP Pack

Peanut said...

Hey mango man does that glucosamine work for you? Mom is wanting to get something for me but there are so many options she doesn't know what to buy. Nice football cookie and a bullystick. What a day. Oh and where in the world do you find a cape big enough for you?

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee Mango...

Thanks fer the award...we will display it proudly on our blog....just wanted ta say we really tried ta be nice ta the porcupine but he got us madder 'en hell when he stuck us full of quills...so we had ta kill 'em ta teach 'em a lesson...think he learned? Hope ya enjoyed the bully stick 'n cookie...the frizbee didn't look too tasty though....

Dewey Dewster here.....

The Girl said...

Did we say thank you so furry much for the award, Mango? The Girl can't remember, she's pretty ditzy tonight! We're FINALLY going to blog about it tomorrow.

We love the cape! And you look furry handsome and majestic in it, not at all fat!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan and The Girl