Saturday, October 18, 2008

Flight of the Relentlessly Huge Bee

Today started off pretty much like any other Saturday. I checked my email and found this nice award from Mango Minor. Thanks, little pal.




Typical running of the errands, complete with scary skeleton car cookie.Oh yeah, then I pooped out this bone! Of course, Momma, the poop investigator had to measure it (4"). Momma says I'm lucky I didn't have to get an x-ray because that would mean going to the vet hospital so they could use the horsie x-ray machine on my incredibly dense self. Whatever...Anyhoo, around noontime Momma announced she was taking the pee-wee down to the common to see the fair and did I want to go? I said, uh, hello, that's like a one mile walk each way. I think I'll just bake, thank you.But no sooner were they gone than I donned my magnificent bee costume.Why, you ask. Why, indeed. Why walk to the fair when you can....... FLY!That's right! This ain't no ordinary Halloween costume, this is Mango, the Relentlessly Huge Bee Magic Flying Costume! When I buzzed overhead where momma and pee-wee were walking, the midget got all frantic sayin, "Momma! Mango just flew over!"But she told him to stop being so foolish, that was just a big bee (hee hee).

Let me tell you, travelling as a bee is fantastic because nobody pays any attention to you. For example, I noticed the shrimp stopping in the liquor store, so I followed him in...

And he keeps saying, "Its Mango, its not a bee!" and they all just said, "oh, what a cute puppy." I arrived at my destination and circled around looking for the best place to land (this required a bit of runway if you know what I mean).I spotted pee-wee checking out these stuffies.Ah! This is the spot. Do you see me? The hot dog stand! Sure the peoples swatted their arms a bit when I buzzed around, but I managed to snap up about 597 hot dogs.Squritino was hoping for a hot dog, but no luck. Too bad, little dude. Urp.Guess he was tired from all that walking! Time for the Mango to fly!Those hot dogs kind of weighed me down and I took a rest on the flight home in this tree. By this time, momma was worried that Dex might have gotten too much sun what with all his Mango Bee sightings.After some very productive farts, I was ready for flight again and got home in time to drop off these yummers pies that I had hidden in my jowls.What a glorious day!Mango Man! Oh yeah!

29 comments:

The OP Pack said...

Oh, Mango Man, that was just a great adventure! We think woo are a "honey" bee.

Woos, the OP Pack

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Well, then flap those wings and khome watch the baseball game with me!

We khan go fur a walk tomorrow!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Hahahaha!
You broke the record, brother!
4" bone made its way out from that constricted door, whoa, it was not easy! It was bigger than my whole rib cage!
Hahaha, do you need any sutures?

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango Bee!
Sounds like you had an interesting day!
And to end it with those delicious pies!
Lucky you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Petey said...

If AireRuby ever gets too crowded, we're booking Mango BeeLines!

Your Pal,

Petey

Peanut said...

Oh that bee costume comes in handy doesn't it. Nice job on the hotdogs and pies

Randi said...

Oh Mango! BZZZZZZ!!!!!

I bet you had little Dexter Labradude going cra-Z with all that buzzing going on!

& I bet those hot dogs were super yummers! & those pies? YUM!

Poor Dexter...I hope he had some hotdogs...

love & licks,
Randi

MJ's doghouse said...

wow mango bee...yoiu are just too good looking in that bee costume..i cant wait to see you at the halloween party..i am not sure what i am going to dress up as thin year...i hope you have a whole night full of yummy gas,,nothing like tooting out the tube steaks...hehehe

Noah the Airedale said...

That suit must have wings of steel to be able to lift you up matie. Poor Dexter, he must be so confused. You better set him straight.

tailwags
Noah

Maggie and Mitch said...

Your bee costume is just too cute on you, Mango! We can think of lots of places where we'd like to fly too! Can we borrow it when halloween is over?! Those pies are making us drool!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Winterdark said...

Great ADVENTURES for both of you! Do you think you could make it to our house with your bumble bee costume Mango? Mom wants to kiss your nose.
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

The Three Musketeers said...

WOW ! Mango is flying like a bee ! So cute !

Charlie Daniels said...

I'm happy to see you held back on the hot dogs Mango! I mean, you've gotta leave room for desert don't you! ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

How wise of you not to walk when you can fly...

I bet those hot dogs were good...

Abby xxxooo

Dozer and Coop said...

Wow, We can't believe you got lift! Good going Mango Man!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Deefor said...

Mango You are The Man. Quite the sting operation. I think if I ever saw you flying over Denver I'd faint. Pies. Hot dogs. Hard day.

I can't believe your mom measured something from your poop. Is that a special poop-ruler?

Deefor

Eduardo said...

Hey Big Dude! You look so cool in that bee costume!!! That was a big bone you pooped out!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Chef said...

Oh Mango, you make us smile. You really do, buddy... I can just hear your deep baritone buzz!

My Mama takes my poop very seriously too. She and Papa rate each poop 1-l0 to keep track of my tummy issues. They're all nuts if you ask me!

Love ya, dude.

xox
Chef

The Girl said...

We're rolling on the floor, Mango! What a great adventure! Extra points for making Pee Wee look a little loony!

The Girl can't believe you pooped out such a big bone. She obsesses over me eating the last piece of bully sticks by just swallowing them. I'm telling her that you've just proven that it's all right!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

What a cool adventure you had Mango, it looks fun being a bee and flying everywhere.

That bone looks huge, we are glad it passed through okay.

Woofs,
Holly & Zac

Saint Lover said...

Oh Mango, I was laughing out loud at your adventure... My son caming running upstairs to see what the matter was.. Thanks for the laugh Relentlessly Funny!

Scottie the 'cutie' said...

Hehe...that is a great adventure,indeed! And it's lucky the bone got out safely! *wink* Still,I'll bet it didn't stop you from enjoying more of those delicious meats, no? heh!

Scottie

Biggie-Z said...

Mango, did your Momma start you on raw?? Or did you decide to help yourself with your flying bee invisibility costume? Either way, you gotta chew those bones, k?

P.S. Nice flying there!

Ruby Bleu said...

Mango you really do make the bestest bee!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Sunny,Scooter,Jamie said...

You are the hugest bee we ever saw!!! And how in the heck did you manage to swallow that bone, much less poop it out?!?!?! we are quite amazed!
Hugs&Hi 5s
Sunny&Scooter

The PR Gang said...

Mango Man, you are just the coolest Dude ever! What an adventure.

Mindy Lu said...

BARK! Mango, you look like you are getting used to that peoples thing put on your back. Dont cave big guy, dont cave!!! BARK! Sasha the Princess

Lady Kaos said...

Wow, I just thought it was a costume! I didn't know it made you fly like Tanner can!
Kaos

Sami & Baylee said...

Mango,

Allie says what a ,"buzz-tastic day!" We loved your bee adventure! What a man-ly bee costume! I bet you were the buzz of the fair!

xoxooxox with lots of slobbers- Baylee Girl