Saturday, October 4, 2008

More New Stairs

Well, we had some Internet troubles, but I am back and ready to get caught up and then to spend some quality time catching up with my friends.


My new pal, Shadie, gave me an award that comes with a link that I put in my sidebar. Thanks, new pal. Ike challenged me to reveal three secrets about myself. I have been thinking really hard but am still stumped. The Mango is an open book. But I will continue to ponder this challenge. Finally, Momma wrote me a note whilst she still had the sickies that said somebody else left me an award, but I can't read her writing! So if it was you, apologies and please send another note.


There was some queries as to why I did not accompany Momma and Pee-wee on their little hiking adventure. My reply is... are you INSANE?

For those of you not familiar with hiking, it is a most strenuous activity requiring minutes, if not hours, of sustained motion. That is so not the Mango. I am, however, capable of displays of vigor when required such as when momma declares time for the Running of the Errands. Here I come!Open up the mastiff mobile!And let's go!I won't bore you with all our stops, but as usual, our trip was capped off with a visit to the doggie store in order to procure my car cookie. This week... a frosted doggie!Nothing like a frosted doggie on a beautiful fall day, I always say.Home already? Maybe one more quick trip to the doggie store? Please?


On to the crux of today's installment... more new stairs!


When I arrived home, I observed that this configuration of bricks and wood had been installed off my observation deck.

Actually, Master has been putting the bricks down all week, but I was shocked to discover that the wood was actually pieces taken off my observation deck!Leaving gaping holes, big enough for some midget hump meisters to conveniently fall into. Come on, pee-wee, just a little closer...Master is always up to some sort of construction, so I try to ignore it. Besides, the Running of the Errands quite wore me out, so I think I will go in and take a meditation, and... Holy crap!WHERE ARE MANGO'S STAIRS???What's that you say? There are new stairs for Mango?

Here we go again! Just when I get used to a new set of stairs, he goes and moves them and I need to start all over.

Clearly I was not pleased.

I even considered boycotting and staying outside. See how they like that!

But I did kind of want to do some sun baking, plus that dumb squirt was showing me up with all his running up and down the stairs like some foolish circus dog.

Ah, a good bake puts everything back to rights I always say.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

29 comments:

The Girl said...

Oh Mango, why must they keep messing around with things on the estate? All this change is not good for you! I'm glad you finally ventured up onto the observation deck. I hope you don't have any MORE changes to have to get used to!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

How much strukhtural reinforcement do those steps rekhwire?

Woo did sooooo well!

I khan imagine how much fun woo would have walking with ME!!

I'd get your Mango Motor running!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
It is not easy to get used to new things, right?
Glad to see you conquer those stairs!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Eduardo said...

Mango I will help with your boycott you don't need no new stinkin' stairs! Enjoy your weekend Big Dude(I thought that was funny because you call me Little Dude! I think it's so cool that your my friend even though I'm a little dude!)
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Peanut said...

Your humans need to understand they need to leave things alone. Glad you got up the stairs though buddy.

Niamh said...

I hope that your people have not wreckovated your estate. I enjoy a good hike myself but I can see why you would not want to over-exert yourself. Glad you enjoyed your trip and you iced doggie.

Noah the Airedale said...

Mango matie, we didn't think you'd make it up the stairs but you did...way to go!!!!

tailwags
Noah

River said...

Yay! You went up the new stairs. I like a good sunbake, too, loosens the muscles, makes it easier to show up any pee-wee in the neighborhood.

love & wags,
River

Deefor said...

Boy they do a lot of stuff around your house. A lot of changes. I hate changes too. (Espcially a new doggie living with me-- but I'm kinda used to him now) Your Mango mobile looks very comfortable and that doggie cookie looks yummy.

Deefor

wally said...

I hear you on the sustained motion thing. I might have been up for it in my youth but now I am older and wiser.

wally t.

Moco said...

What is a matter with Master? Is he trying to upset the Mango Man? You need to take him to task and then go get another cookie.

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Mango,
Yes, they have fake diamond letters
plus size sold by letter . My mom said she was glad she didn't name me watermelon or grapefruit!
Hey, I found your comment in Cyrus the Bulldog:" I haven't been tutored, but I still pee like a girl sometimes anyway. Nothing unmanly about it." Haha!
He is back, do you know that?
Oh yeah the Award, you forgot to haul the Award " Proximidade" home, it's yours, man!
Cheers!

MJ's doghouse said...

that last picture of you mango...oh mango oh yeah...

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Mango

I reckon the next time they move the stairs you should just sit on them and see how far they get! ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Don't worry Mango you will get used to your new stairs in no time.
Man that hiking sounds like something the heeler's would do. Perhaps there is water on the trip for a quick swim...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Mack said...

Mango, you look so noble baking out there!

Snowball said...

That frosted doggie looks really delicious.

Did you get extra treats for doing QC check on the steps to ensure that its safe?

Luv
Snowball

Sadie & Geegs said...

Woof - my pc is not being very friendly.. I just typed this big long comment to you and the pc had a hiccup.. :(

Anyway, I was saying I thought of you the other day.. I was walking through the neighboorhood when mommy and I saw this gigantic dog.. when we went over to say hello we learned it was a mastiff.. I barked at the Mastiff (Castro) and my mommy and told them all about you!

Anyway, hope you have a puptastic week.. Mommy and I are hitting the road to Massachusetts on Wednesday so I may be MIA for a few days..

By the way.. GO SOX!!! Is mommy letting you stay up late to watch them?

Sadie & Geegs said...

By the way.. sorry it took me so long but I finally added ya!

I was looking at your page.. How do you get all the cool award pictures on the side bar? Sorry I'm new at blogging and mommy is completely clueless! BOL

Toffee said...

Mango,
Did they even ask your permission before renovating your estate??

btw you are looking as handsome as ever dude.

Jamie said...

Hi Dexter, Hi Mango! Good to hear from you boys. We still visit you daily, I've just been too busy to keep you all posted on what we're up to. I'll try to update more often.

Peace,
Jamie

Joe Stains said...

Mango, what are they DOING over there? I don't know how you stand it!! I hope they are done soon.

Maggie and Mitch said...

I totally feel for you, Mango! I'm not big on clmbing stairs either! I vote for an elevator!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Aniemother said...

They made you new stairs and PeeWee didn't even have the dignity to fall into the PeeWeeSized holes? *gasp*

I'm glad you're enjoying your sun, though!

babyphat523 said...

Hi Mango! It's been a while. You are still as handsome as ever. Peewee is so big now!

Tell Momma, the renovations on the house look like they are progressing very nicely!

xo :)
Chums and family

Randi said...

Oh Mango...must your peoples torture you so? Why always must they move the stairs for you? Thats not very zen of them..

My mom thinks your whining on the video is the most adorable thing ever..I have no stairs in my house, so you are always welcome to come & stay with me...& if needed, we could build you an observation deck with an escalator for you...

love & licks,
Randi

ps..Hi Dexter!

Coco said...

Oh My Gosh!!! Mango you are so beautiful! I bet a guy as gorgeous as you needs a bodyguard...are you hiring?

Biggie-Z said...

Mango, that is so unfair that your Master seems intent on giving you a headache by moving your stairs all the time. But PeeWee did seem pretty concerned about you and the whole stairs issue, which was quite sweet.

Your big-ass friend,
Biggie

P.S. You want to try hiking sometime? It is infinitely more fun than walkies. Lots of stuff to smell and pee on. I climbed a mountain this weekend! (well, I would have except my humans were too weak and turned back after going 3/4 of the way up.)

Lady Kaos said...

Why in the world do they keep messing with your stairs!! I think your errans should have included a box of cookies after that!!!
Kaos