Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blabrador and Whining

I'm posting this picture of the Pee-wee because Randi asked for it. Here's your little cub trying to look all macho.



I don't know what she sees in him. Besides, the kid is a total Blabrador. He nearly gave away our secret Poker party to Scruffman's mom all for a couple of tennis balls. Lacie turned him in just in time.
On to my main topic...
Does this sound familiar? You grab your new stuffie or other amusement and go to the door ready for action.

And this is what you hear...

"Oh [your name here]! I would love to go out and play with you, but its just too cold (hot, rainy, snowy, windy, insert any weather condition). And besides, momma (PL, ma ape, jie jie, mom) is sooo tired (grouchy, busy)."

At which point, you say, "OK, but can we do something inside at least like visit my bloggy friends or play a game, huh?"

Then the peoples will likely use their special lovey name for you. "Oh [insert lovey name here] you know momma loves you, but she really needs to just spend some quiet time reading (watching TV, napping, staring at the wall)." Or sometimes there's the old, "I just really need to do some housework (make some phone calls, write my memiors)." [as if there is something more important than me].

I don't know about you, but when momma needs extra smoochies or somebody to run errands with or anything, I don't whine and complain, I'm there for her. Plus, I always greet her when she comes home from that work place even if I was really busy eating or biting pee-wee or meditating.

I think I need a support group.

In the meantime, I have my hedgehog. Sigh.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

28 comments:

Sunny,Scooter,Jamie said...

Oh man. I agree with you bazillion percent. If you find that support group, let me know. With the humans it's all take, take, take...
Hugs
Sunny

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

I know just what you mean...I think I need to join that Support Group, too...

Maybe we should all get together & start one...

Abby xxxooo

Peanut said...

That happens here also but I hear oh no Peanut I need to do my school work. I say it is all a bunch of poop.

with love, Madison said...

How about like when the H-Mom MUST take a nap, and you really don't feel like a nap, and you especially don't NEED a nap, but you take a nap anyway, just to keep her company, so she doesn't feel lonely while she is napping?

Niamh said...

Thanks goodness for hedgehogs! People always have an excuse and they are usually lame and boring!

Your friend,
Niamh

Noah the Airedale said...

It's just not right is it matie. We dogs should be their first priority. It's only fair.

tailwags
Noah x

Dannan and The Girl said...

EXACTLY, Mango, I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm flagging your post for The Girl to read. I might even print it out and leave copies all over the house for her so she really gets it.

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Woo have me!

That is if woo khant your RH self here to Pawsylvania - my mom is a pushover!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

River said...

It's the same all over the doggie world. Mamas might be *there* but not always *for us*. Sigh. Peewee is a Blab (black lab) bol

love & wags,
River

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
I don't let my mom do anything else than sharing her time with me when she comes from work... well... she blogs but I am right beside her!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Randi said...

Oh Mango...I'm sorry your mama is making bogus excuses...maybe you should go on strike...no love from Mango...

Thank you for the pic of little Dexter Labradude...I bet you could get him to go on strike to...but you just might have to tape his mouth...he might blab you know...

Love & Licks,
Randi

Bae Bae said...

Hee you look cute with your hedgie toy. ;)

~ Bae

Amber-Mae said...

Same'ol, same'ol...I am in with you with the Support Group thingy.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

MJ's doghouse said...

Mango my Main man...i am confused..i just read Lacies blog...and something very upsetting in it

Aniemother said...

I'm with you, buddy. I hear Mom say something about W O R K this weekend. Sigh..

Bajas

Maggie and Mitch said...

We think we should always be #1 too, Mango!
Mom just loves your kitchen floor!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Snowball said...

You have my sympathy. I totally understand what you mean. Jie jie always give me the same excuses!!! I think we can all come together and form a support group for one another.

Luv
Snowball

Sophie Brador said...

Mango! I have that exact same hedgehog. My ma is threatening to post a video of me with that hedgehog. I may have to whine about that, but only a little since I'm only half blabrador.

xo
SB

Winterdark said...

We're here for you Mango Man. Solidarity in Slobbers.
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

The FOUR Musketeers said...

My hedgehog is GREEN ! hehe !
That's not ME driving , it's my Ebi ! BOL !

xoxo ,
Zena

Toffee said...

Mango!

Laciegirl told me that you are anxiously awaiting specimens for your new chemistry set. She asked us to mail you some fresh "number 2"...

I really don't know why you want it but okay, whatever...

Biggie-Z said...

Mango, you look like you have trimmed down a bit!

Our people are like that too. I'm always waiting for them when they need me but when I want a little play time? harrumph.

Abby and Jack said...

Dude! File a request with DPS (Doggy Protective Services). Momma's are there to service us! Not the other way around!

Eric said...

Hey Mango-. That stinks huh? Maybe the dozens of wheelies can help console you? Ha,ha! Wags, Eric x

Joe Stains said...

I really don't understand the reading thing at all. They sit and stare at paper for hours? WTF? Humans are so easily amused.

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Oh yeah we are definately with you on this one Mango!

We don't get why when we take the balls to our humans for them to throw they then after a few throws decide the tv is better to watch.
We mean what could be better to watch than us! BOL

Your pals,
Holly & Zac

wally said...

Sadly, Mango Man, I know exactly what you mean. I will join your support group.

wally t.

Mindy Lu said...

BARK!! Max and me want to join your support group. Maybe it will straighten up the peoples. We need to bbboooooowwww ccooottt! Sasha the Princess!