Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Invasion Part I

So this was the weekend of my alleged "date" with that Lacie creature. I didn't relish the idea of spending any time alone with her, so I invited Maggie, Mitch, Agatha, Archie, Scruffy, Stan, and, of course, MJ, to join us. My hope was that Lacie would just arrive and leave, but she insisted I provide transportation and that she be able to sleep over at the estate. Oh man!






Anyhoo, I had just finished my breakfast on Friday morning, when who should appear, but my beloved MJ! I don't know how she got here so fast, but I was super glad she arrived early.I was cracker dog glad to see her and you can see she is singing my praises, "oh Mango Maaaan!"I had prepared a yummers feast for my darling. And I was so happy to discover that MJ loves baking just like me! We enjoyed some quality time together. Oh MJ!
Meanwhile, pee-wee donned his chauffeur cap and prepared for his trip to PA to pick up you know who.
After a nine hour drive, you would think he would at least be offered some hospitality, but here is what he found. That Lacie, with a pile of luggage, barking out orders already! "Don't drop it! That side up! I can't sit in the back! Do you know what you're doing? Do I have to ride in that fart filled mastiff mobile-a-ma-thing!!?"Then she insisted on donning her protective gear to keep Mango suds from getting on her precious fur and a gas mask in the event of Mango farts.
I am proud of the little midget, because he insisted Lacie leave that ridiculous outfit behind and told everybody to load up. You can see that he is already having second thoughts about driving. Scruffy and Stan are OK, but Lacie was all "yap yap yap" before they even hit the road.By the time they hit the New Jersy Turnpike, Scruffman and Stan had popped the sun roof to enjoy the breezes.Next stop in Connect the Dots to fetch Maggie and Mitch. They are experienced travelers.Finally back in Master Chew Sits. The boys all had their heads out, but Lacie and Maggie were afraid to mess up their hair. Jeez.Agatha and Archie were watching for the Mastiff Mobile and couldn't wait to join the party.Lacie had phoned ahead and told Agatha to get a jumbo sized bag of this curiously named foodable. It was very late when Dexter and everybody arrived, but Momma agreed to take a group photo. MJ looks a little nervous having all those terriers around, but I held her paw and told her it would be OK. Looks like Mitch already started hitting the sauce (who wouldn't after being trapped in the mastiff mobile with Lacie) and even Maggie looks a little jet lagged. Agatha conked out completely. Scruffy and Stan are used to herself. Not sure what's up with Archie.I strategically placed the beheaded stuffie near the doorway to the guestroom. This could be YOU, Lacie gal, if you don't behave.

Next thing I know, the door is slammed in my face with THIS!Dexter, Mitch, Archie, Stan, Scruffer, time to retreat to the DOG CAVE!
Mango Man! Oh yeah!
Coming next... the slumber party.

20 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Me thinks the Mango Estate may need an exorcism...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dannan and The Girl said...

There's gotta be safety in numbers, right?

You and MJ look fabulous together! The baking pic is sure a good one of the two of you!

Good luck, Mango. I think you'll need it.

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

MJ's doghouse said...

mango i am texting you from my blackberry...geez...you call this a slumber party...lacie hasnt quit talking since we got in here...i keep trying to escape but she wont let me....i miss you my big man

with love, Madison said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! "No Boyz" ... Madison agrees!

Joe Stains said...

oh my, I don't even want to know what is going on behind that door. I hope you guys RAN for the border, not just some cave. Also, PeeWee sorta looked like he should be singing YMCA with that hat on...

Dewey Dewster said...

Oh Mango...

We know all about that snarlin' Lacie face...yeppers....'n we don't want ta see it again....downright scary.....frightenin' I tell ya....ya shoulda shot 'er with a tranquilizer dart....don't wanna see what happens next....no siree....but I will return....

Dewey Dewster here....

The FOUR Musketeers said...

BOL ! No boyz ! That's funny ! hehe , if Cody was there , he will be in the cave too ! BOL :D

Technodoll said...

OK the beanies want to know how you put those ossum pics together, they're so freaky cool!! show it! show it!

*please*

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Yes, sure you don't know what is happening behind that door!
Enjoy your time with the boyz!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Petey said...

Mango my man,

You may want to get Asta on speed-dial. She's convinced that Lacie is secretly a delightful young lady. Or else dress up like a cat. Opus seemed to fare okay (but then again, he's Eye-talian and has CLAWS!)

Keep your legs crossed my friend.

Your pal,

Petey

Ike said...

That looks like a cool party!
Ike

Sophie Brador said...

I'm confused Mango. You have a date with Lacie, and you asked your gf MJ to come along? Doesn't that get a little bit confusing?

xo
SB

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Good Mornin' Mango...Mumsie here...

Was just checking on my little Lacie...I know Scruff and Stan are fine, but Lacie is well, delicate and frightens easily. I hope you boyz haven't been playing too roughly with her?

I'm assuming that Momma made sure she got her ten hours of sleepy time. She tends to get quite cranky if she's not in bed by 9PM.

Now before the ballet, if your Momma could help her dress in the party dress and sweet little patent leather maryjane shoes I sent with her...also maybe put her fur in pigtails...with pretty matching pink bows? That fur knots so easily. No pictures though...she can get a little testy with the camera and it looks like ur momma spent um hours on the pix so far...(Mumsie bows to Mango's momma for an amazing job in the photolab...)
Oh...and she needs her Flinstone's vitamin this morning. I know this all seems a little high maintenance, but she is just so innocent, she can't help being a tad needy.

Have a wonderful trip to the ballet, Mango...

In the meantime, after perusing these pix, I have to pick myself up off the floor and dry my eyes from laughin....

Many thanks to Momma for her help...

Love and kissies...Mumsie

Asta said...

How could you ..invite youw sweetie lov e and make a date wif Lacie at the saame time????and the things you say to my poow BFF who is kindness hewself..well no wondew , she occasionally loses hew tempew..
hope you guys suwvived the aiw in the boyz den
smoochie kisses
ASTA

(wish I was thewe too)

Petey said...

See Mango?

I told you Asta was a tad biased/deluded. (Even Mumsie agrees with my assessment of Lacie's temperment!)

Good luck and when shall I have Henry Kissinger drop by?

Your pal,

Petey

Peanut said...

My mom says your mother is a saint to put up with all those dogs. I say you are to put up with Lacie (shh don't tell her I said that)

Maggie and Mitch said...

What goes on in the DOG CAVE stays in the DOG CAVE! Nuff said!
Maggie is busy fixing her hair after that whippie ride on the turnpike! I think she found some of Mango's mom's hair spray under the sink! shhhhhhhhhh

Yer friend,
Mitch

Eric said...

Crikey Mango!Watch your tail - and any other bits with that one.Her bark truly ISNT worse than her bite.... I'll keep everything crossed for you Mango that the trip to the Ballet goes ok. On second thoughts, better if YOU keep everything crossed.

Worried wags, Eric x

Biggie-Z said...

You grrls don't know what yer missing without the BoyZ!!

Toffee said...

Oh boy what a paw-tay! I am surprised da fuzz didn't pull you all over!