Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Big Blue Ball

The pee-wee took a walkie up to the schoolyard and brought me back this big blue ball. Momma said maybe she should save it to carry when she walks the squirt because he sure gave her plenty of attention while she had it (also, she said the ball was officially dead so it was OK to bring it home).


How thoughtful.



Naturally certain parties thought the ball had arrived for their pleasure and when I let it slip from my jaws and momentarily lost site of it, he made his move.


Given my turning radius, I was unable to reclaim it before the little pest nabbed the ball and took off.

Now, at this point in the story, you might be thinking, "Oh Mango Man, how dare he? You must give chase!"
OK. COME BACK HERE SQUIRT!
The problem with that strategy is that it requires actual, uh, RUNNING, which is not the Mango's forte.

So my strategy is much more sophisticated. I chase him just enough to keep him on the move.
That's right, RUN you little pee-wee midget hump meister, RUN!
No worries here because he runs at such reckless speeds that sooner or later...
Yup, here we go... FACE PLANT!
A quick nip on the butt to distract him...And the blue ball is mine!That's right! Whose ball is it now? Who's the big dog?
Hey! Check out that weird shadow on Momma. Is she being attacked by a wolverine?His maniac drive by's are futile. Look at him. He's all sticking his tongue out and making doofus face. And like totally has his own leggies all tangled up. Hey, that's what happens when you exceed the estate speed limits.Rubber ball, Mango's, chew, good... eat?Apparently, don't eat as my hard earned treasure was confiscated after I had only managed to tear it into three or four pieces. That's OK, I feel a meditation coming on anyway after all that strenuous exercise.
Huh? Not again! How does he always manage to beat me into the dog cave? And why is he on the Mango's comfy orthopedic cushion?
I'm not bothered. I can rest on the puppy bed for now as long as I have my decapitated Santa stuffie. I LOVE this little snowman head. Oh yeah, I'm supposed to tell my friends at the doggie store that this head came quite readily off that gazillion squeeker stuffie and has lasted, like, FOREVER. Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. I heard that they are eating camels in Australia now. If any of my friends down under get to try some, you have to let me know how it is.

40 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

HA!

The Doofus Face -


I khan't top that!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dannan and The Girl said...

Mango, your way of getting the ball back was masterful! (Although I do love a good running-flying ears shot!)

I think that Dexter is preparing for a coup on the Mango Estate. All of this sneaking into the Mango's bed, taking the Mango's toys... Watch him carefully, my furend. He has designs on your position!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Randi said...

Awww Mango.....that blue deaded ball looks great! & Dexter seems to like it too...what exactly is the speed limit at the Mango Estate????

Love & Licks,
Randi

Mack said...

That drive-by shot is da bomb!!

Mom calls those kickballs (And I don't know why) and says she won't buy us any because my teeth destoy them within 30 seconds!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Looks like you two had fun with that ball until... the 3 or 4 pieces right?
I loved all those action pictures!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sami & Baylee said...

I like that big blue ball! Mango, I finally got Mommy to do my Christmas cards and I managed to sneak a cookie in the card just for my Mango Man! :) I know how you sure like cookies!

xoxoxo your lovie dovie girl- Baylee
P.S I apologive for my slacker mommy and hope you get your card soon!

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Haroo, Mango!

Dis iz Gus. Waldo doez da same ting to mee! Doze fwustwating wittle peewees!!

Wuv,
Gus

Saint Lover said...

hahaha! The shadow picture is priceless!

Holly said...

Dude, as a big "boned" dog myself, I feel that I must give you some advice. NEVER run and chase the little underlings. Stand around, woo, or in your case bark, loudly, curl your upper lip a few times, and then lay down and ignore them. Feeling they are not getting the correct response, they will give up said toy, and at that time, you get up, nonchalantely, wonder over in the general direction of the toy, sniffing the ground, looking elsewhere, and then GRAB it!! Walk casually over to your spot, lay down, and do NOT play with the toy. Just smile.

Hope this helps. I have perfected this tactic and it works EVERY time!!

Holly

Scottie the 'cutie' said...

Hey Mango!

You sure know how to give chase to Dexter on that ball thing...just goes to show not everything is all physical. Sometimes brains do the trick too...*wink*

Scottie

Snowball said...

That blue ball looks really fun! Mango, you have got good tactics to get the ball back from pee wee.

Luv
Snowball

Noah the Airedale said...

Well there are all these camels in the middle of Australia so someone suggested we eat them. They taste like beef so we heard.

I'm with you on the running matie. My sissies are all for it but I'm much better at standing in the one spot.

tailwags
Noah

Maggie and Mitch said...

What an awesome find! We never find cool blue balls like that on our walkies!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Aniemother said...

Well done you!

Bajas

Cassidy said...

The doofuss faced, tangled leg photo is a classic!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Peanut said...

oh man he shouldn't make you run to get your ball back. How annoying.

Stanley said...

Mango!

I am totally convinced that your brother is Relentlessly Doofish and a goob of the highest order! It's obvious from the way your strategy works everytime that he just doesn't learn... although I bet it's hilarious to watch him zoom like a crazy pup all over the estate!

I too have had rubber balls such as your blue one, and they never last more than a lap or two around the yard before they just... fall apart. I mourn with you for your ball, and for all the balls we dogs have lost...

Goob love,
Stanley

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

Our mom is still laughing at the face plant! You have such a masterful way of getting the ball back, Mango. We love the doofus face picture!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

The FOUR Musketeers said...

looks like you two have fun with the big blue ball !!!

Lady Kaos said...

Wow, that ball looks totally PAWESOME!! Mom uses balls to distract me from stuff I'm supposed to ignore and focus on her, too! Glad I'm not the only one with a crazy mom.
Kaos

Eduardo said...

Those are some great pics! The doofus face is a classic pic! You got that ball Big Dude! Eating Camels huh?
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Asta said...

Mango
What bwains..you have my admiwation fow youw gwat stwategy..why exhewt youwself if you don't have to.
as to that ummm, othew incident in NYC..my lips awe sealed
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Mango certainly got his exercise for the day. You did a great job...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

mezmerelda said...

Looks like loads of fun! What a face plant.

wally said...

Well played, Mango! Good things come to those who are patient. And smarter than their doofus brudders.

wally t.

ps. Send me some-a that camel meats!

Joe Stains said...

Mango, I had no idea you could run like that my friend. You must cover the estate in 4 strides, I am amazed. Snowman penguin head is lookin a little dirty, what are you doing to that poor guy??

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

Nothing like a fun game of Keep Away...

Abby xxxooo

River said...

The story of the blue ball. You have such great tales, Mango man!

love & wags,
River

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

haha... you have good tactics Mango, you got the ball back in the end, even if it was to chew..BOL

Love,
Holly & Zac

Sarah K. said...

That ball sure looks like lots of fun!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my, Mango...I had no idea you could like actually run...

Hey, are ya comin' by? I've saved a place for ya at the head of the line. Scruffy and Stanley are sellin' beer and pizza...with hundreds of male dogs lined up, it's the most $$ they've ever made.

Come on Mango...pucker up....!

Laciegirl

Dewey Dewster said...

Mango...ya look plum tuckered out after that relentless chase and all fer a flattened ball that got confiscated after ya chewed it up. But the recovery move was brilliant thinkin' on yer part and a commendation is in order.

Dewey Dewster here.....

Jackson said...

Hey pals, just dropping by to thank you for your pawsome card, which arrived this morning. Merry Kissmas! J x

Agatha and Archie said...

Well of course we knew you would get it! Are you loving the snow???!!!!! Love A+A

Eric said...

Mango. A move worthy of David himself (Beckham who else?)...as for the camels would you have one hump or two??? Yeah,yeah.. I know ones with two humps are called something else..

Wags, Eric xx

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Great strategy, Mango Man!

Randi said...

DEXTER!
WHERE ARE YOU???

love & licks,
Your Cougar,
Randi

Moco said...

Oh, man are you busy this holiday season. But the again you are busy all the time.

Bogart said...

AWESOME Mango!!!

Dead balls RULE :)

Love,
Bogart

Amber-Mae said...

That's a very big ball & it sure didn't last long...

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer