Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dexter Day Walkies and Holiday Fun

I started my day as usual with a nice walkie. But this time we brought the camera along so that I could make a movie!
For the holidays, Grandma, Grandpa, Brother, Sister, Brother-in-law, and Sister-in-law all came over to eat Chinese food and open pressies. Also, my nephew, Misha came. Mango warned me that Misha was like some spooky devil dog attack dude and I was kind of worried, but it turns out he's an OK guy. Sure he has to tell the Relentlessly Huge to get out of his space now and then, but that's not such a bad thing. Forgive Mango for calling everybody "cousin" he gets kind of confused by family relations.














There were lots of pressies for everybody, but of course I was most interested in those for ME! Perhaps this big box holds a surprise for Dexter?

Some jokester (Shannon!!) put this bow on me. Oh for goodness sake.I have to say that even though Misha was pretty much a gentleman all day, he did sort of spook me the way he was always watching with those shiny eyes.And he is kind of a squirt. Here he's showing off his Westminster stack and look at how short he is!Hmmm... maybe being little has its advantages. He did get to sit on his dad's lap and whenever I try to sit in anybody's lap they always say things like "get away from me you bad dog!" Imagine!After much searching, I was finally able to locate a package for ME! It was from Grandma.A book! About a labragal named Catie Copley.Its her biography. She lives and works at the Copley Plaza hotel right here in Boston. I had to give her a smoochie.Mango gave Momma this jar of Vanishing Cream made with, can you believe it, Mango butter!He told her to rub it on her face for a youthful glow.I don't know about you, but I wouldn't rub anything made with marshmallow and Mango butter on my face, but that's just me.

Misha brought a stuffie (kind of) for me and Mango.


I think the movie speaks for itself...

Aren't I just the cutest little thing you ever saw?
As the day wore on, Mango and Misha started to show some holiday fatigue so all our guests decided it was time to return to their estates.I was pretty beat too so I retired to the dog cave to sprawl on the Relentlessly Huge's comfy orthopedic mat and let him crash on the puppy bed.Dexter done!

23 comments:

Maggie and Mitch said...

We totally enjoyed going on your walkie with you, Dexter! We love listening to your mom chattering away!
That dancing duckie has way too much energy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Yo PeeWee -

I sooo feel your pain about the babbling mom on the walkie thing -

Do they ever stop and listen to themselves?

It looks like woo had nice time with your khokhky little khousin!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: SOOOOO sad...18" and now...

Sadie and Geegs said...

WOW Dexter you getting better looking on every post!! Your walks look similar to mine.. and the duck movie was funny.. Hope you and Mango are doing well and staying warm!

Licks,
Sadie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dexter!
Sure you had a busy and tiring day!
A long walkie, playing time with Misha and then that annoying duck!
I hope you had a nice and long nap!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dozer and Coop said...

You didn't bit the duckie's head off? It sure couldn't run away from you but he was annoying. We like Mango's big drool - that was the best part of the movie! BOL!

Dozer, Dots, and Coop

The OP Pack said...

Look at all those oak leaves in the snow - Mom says that is one thing about Massachusetts she doesn't miss - late falling oak leaves. Nice walking video though.

And Mango's drool - BOL. That duck must be really annoying.

Woos, the OP Pack

Noah the Airedale said...

You guys have been so busy. Thanks for the walking tour of your neighbourhood Dexter. It's always good to see where our pals live.
That singing duck was a little torturous though. Have you killed it yet?

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy x

Deefor said...

I liked watching your walkie. I like the way you jumped over that thing. I got tired watching at the end and had to take a nap like you guys. I hope you took care of that duckie.

Deefor

Saint Lover said...

My goodness.. you had very busy holiday adventures with toys, walks and cousins! Looks a like a good one!

Glad Santa Paws had you both on his good list this year.

The FOUR Musketeers said...

WOW ! Love the video ! Looks like some dogs have lots of fun !

wally said...

Great walkie, bud.

Um, what part of Mango does he get butter from? I'm curious. And concerned.

wally t.

Lady Kaos said...

Looks liek you had a great day! That duck needed his legs or something chewed off!
Kaos

Eduardo said...

I loved all your videos & pictures! Kill that duck!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Ike said...

Looks like you have a bunch of gross snow too.
Ike

Stanley said...

Dexter Dude!

Glad you and your nephew are wrasslin' buds now. He looks like a pretty cool pup.

I'm going to have to come back to watch the videos later. It's not the vids, it's the pooter on which I'm trying to watch them. At home it should be no problem.

But, I can tell just from your fab color commentary that you had a very merry Christmas, man.

How is it that Mango lets you have his ortho bed all the time. Is he that gentle?

Goober love,
Stanley

Huskee and Hershey said...

Gee looks like a long but fun day Dexter!!
And ummm.. you look quite dashimg with the bow... honestly!

Amber-Mae said...

You sure ha d a very long walk huh? Sounds like you guys had fun with your friend!

Have a wonderful Happy New Year!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Mack said...

Misha is very handsome and all, but trust me dude, you gotta watch those cockers!

Joe Stains said...

We love how you hop right over the guard rail, so cute!! I can't believe you got a drunk duck for Christmas!! He can't even stay standing to finish his song!

Eric said...

That duck looked sozzled.He would be less annoying with some plum sauce and a crispy pancake.

Wiry wags, Eric xx

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

BOL.. at you duck, that would drive our mum crackers but we would love it! hehe

It looks like you had a great Christmas with your cousin.

We wish you and your family a very happy new year.

Love,
Holly & Zac

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh dear, PeeWee..ya did it again...um..we had to scrape Mumsie off the floor with the duck...she was laughin' hysterically and the phone rang in the middle of the video and it was Asta's mom and the two of them started all over again...

Did you see anything funny bout that duck??

Hey...did Mango get my New Years cardie??

Love and kisses to you sweet boy and massive snaps to Mango...

Laciegirl

Biggie-Z said...

Hey, my Momma uses the same cream on her face too! Dexter, you should try it, it tastes really good - Mango makes some really good butter, I guess.

That duck is just so funny. Is it still alive?