Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dexter Snow Day

Before we get started, Momma wants to put in a plug for her new winter coat.This weekend I got to take my new winter coat for a test drive and it is awesome! Its from LLBean. First of all, its super warm, wind resistant, and long enough to cover my backsides. But typical of LLBean, there are lots of cool features that I didn't even know I needed. There are two spacious interior pockets, the zipper goes up or down (makes it easier to get into pockets). The fuzzy part of the hood can be removed, but it does a great job keeping snow off your face. The non-fuzzy part of the hood can also be removed. The coat zips up to cover your neck and the hood has a storm flap for your lower face. The most unexpected feature of all, the hood is adjustable, so if you just want the top of your head covered, you can tighten it up. Best of all, its machine washable AND since its LLBean, I know it will last for at least ten years and if anything happens (like zipper malfunction) they will fix it for free. OK, back to our regular program.

Such a fuss over a coat already! I have to go around nekked no matter what the weather. These peoples are very fragile. Now, it has been snowing here almost non-stop since noontime on Friday. Fortunately, the Relentlessly Huge instructed Momma to do the Running of the Errands early lest we run out of kibbles.



He indulged in some tailgate sun backing while at the doggie store.
Followed by a penguin car cookie (which is not as big as it looks, but this was the only way to photograph it outside his mouth because he was extra hungry due to his D-I-E-T).
Old RH also did a game job defending the mastiff mobile when Momma got it pumped full of gasoline.Around noontime on Friday it started snowing and hasn't stopped since. Momma worked very hard to keep paths clear in the big yard for us. It does make it easier to get around.






And to pee because its kind of hard to do your business without backfiring when the snow is up to your gajingles. And while I'm on the topic of doing your business in the snow, is anybody else reluctant to poop in the snow? I didn't know where to go! I didn't even poop at all until this morning when we finally went walkies and I was frantic and practically exploded, producing what Momma called a "three bagger." Mango says, "get used to it, buddy, that's what the paths are for." I'll work on it.







Not much to do around here. This was taken yesterday and there is even more snow today. Can't really hang out in the yard and back or anything.

I used to have a ton of toys outside, but they all vanished! The only one left is this big ball that the Relentlessly Huge thinks belongs to him (even though he plays with it by just kind of yelling at it).I don't know, maybe Beautiful Raja communicates with him because Momma says this was her most favorite toy. All I can say is that Mango is really weird about it and he kind of yodels and howls to it. Maybe since its the only toy left he could share a little bit?Ow! Get your big monkey paw off of me. I could get a concussion from that. I'll leave the ball alone.Perhaps a little zoomie bitey face? I took off to do my usual ring around the mastiff action. See? he doesn't know which way to go.Whoops. The snow makes it harder to maneuver. I missed my corner and he was upon me. I can't believe how far he stretched out. Like a transformer or something.This is something I've never seen before. Quite unexpected. His whole hiney is airborne! Snow bitey face is much more challenging.And I think RH is getting smarter. He clothes-lined me when I tried to do a drive-by on him. Kind of flipped me over.And pinned me on the fence.

Time out! Time out! Do I look like a shark in this picture?I will leave you with this picture taken in the part of our yard where the snow was fresh. As you can see, it is already very deep and its STILL SNOWING! Dexter done!

34 comments:

Moco said...

It took Foley quite awhile figuring out where to poo in the snow. He walked around and round making his own path and then did it. Dawson pooed on the deck and made yellow snow.
You guys look like you are enjoying yourself.

River said...

We don't have the snow problem although it got cold today. If it's still snowing it'll be over your head! You'll disappear like the toys, oh no!! Better stay inside.

love & wags,
River

Randi said...

DEXTER!

Happy Randay & Dexter Day!

Did you know that maybe Mango is doing some sort of Faith Healing on you in the pic where you almost got a concussion? Go to N&Pooka's bloggy & find the faith healing pics...very funny.

& I think Beautiful Raja is communicating with RH in the form on that big ball...maybe you can still play with it though...I bet you would have loved her...she was so majestic & her beauty beyond words...

Please be safe in the snow..I'm glad you are dark...otherwise I'd lose you in all that snow!

Oh...how can I biggie your pics so I can see you better? Does your ma take jpegs that can't be biggied or what?

Love & Licks,
Your Cougar,
Randi

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Cool, bitey face in the snow looks fun!

Love,
Holly & Zac

Maggie and Mitch said...

Wow! Look at the snow you guys got! I was shy about dirtying the snow too, Dexter, but when I had to go bad enough, I let 'er rip! Maggie used to be just awful doing #2 in the snow but at age 10, she's finally over it!

Yer friend,
Mitch

Agatha and Archie said...

Maybe it is a Massachewsitts thing becaise we will NOT poop in the snow either( I have only gone once today....really WHO CAN???) PL2 says that is the coat she really really wanted but couldn't get because she is allergic to down.....The bad thing?? As we type it is raining and is going to get cold...ICE...( then we will NEVER go) Love and kisses A+A

Joe Stains said...

You might need to ride around on Mango's back if it continues to snow. I am impressed with his moves in this set of photos, maybe the snow gives him some extra power boost or something!?

wally said...

Oh my dog that's a lot of snow. You should try peeing in the snow when your bajingles are almost on the ground in the best of times! I have a hard time with #2 in the snow and sometimes I have to dig a place to go but usually my ma ape digs out some space in my fave places.

Mango looks great flying in the snow!

wally t.

Noah the Airedale said...

I think you guys are in for one long cold winter. It's an amazing amount of snow you got there. We've visited so many blogs with snow today.
Great coat, sounds like it's going to come in handy hee hee.

Have a great Christmas pals.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango and Dexter!
My mom likes your mom's winter coat!
My mom bought one coat 3 years ago and it is in the closet. Not cold enough here to wear it!
Sure the snow is fun to play on it but not to do your business, right?
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Willow the Black Dale said...

Dudes...your yard looks like MINE!!! We love the snow-aireborne picture!
They have to make paths for us too. Ty, our boy, makes a great path right to under the deck where there is nothing. Well ok maybe a little snow. We had a few feet of snow on our deck. We are still trying to convince her to poop and pee OFF the deck. I tried it to see if I could get away with it and I got in all kinds of trouble. Good luck little guy at finding a spot that is just for you!
Smooches,
Willow
My mommy loved the plug for the coat! She is in need of of a new one herself. That one looks great to her....she presently has a Columbia but your mommys looks tempting!!!!

Technodoll said...

Please tell your mama that our mama is in love with her coat, she's been dreaming of a pink winter coat for years but has never found one. Do you know if LL Bean ships to Canada??

Snow is fun, we love to poop in snow like cats in a giant litter. Mom loves how the doo just vanishes so there is no picking up, the snowplows take care of it.

Wheeee!

Love your flying hiney pics!

From the akitas xoxox

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

I'm soooo jealous!

That is sibe heaven!

I would so be able to wear PeeWee out!

Stay safe and keep an eye out for PeeWee overboard!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dewey Dewster said...

Dexter....

I think ya shouldn't rile up Mango too much....looks like ya coulda got flattened there in the snow....dangerous business.....tauntin' the huge guy....but now that's a heap of snow ya have there....it missed us here in the Burgh......enjoy yer time in the white stuff...or is it already all stained yellow????

Dewey Dewster here.....

Dozer and Coop said...

BOL! And I thought we had a lot of snow! Good thing you guys have tails so your Mum can find you in the snow. We've decided peeing and poopin' in the snow sucks and its really cold, so we are using the deck and Mum doesn't even care at this point. Dottie is so blind she is afraid to go down the steps, so Mum gives her extra leeway. She has to fight to get me out the door so as long as I do my doody she'll take it. And Cooper just smiles and licks her hand and Mum folds. What a woose!

Love, Dozer

Asta said...

Mango
Obviously snow is an enewgizew fow you..I've nevew seen you move wif such gwace and speed..you looked vewy wondewful!
Dexter, i hope you had fun wunning awound in that bootiful snow..even wif Mango's paws to slow you down, hehehe
My snow stopped and hasn't come back and I'm afwaid it will be histowy by chwissmusss..Oh we;l it was fun whileit lasted
smoochie kisses
ASTA

The FOUR Musketeers said...

Looks like you two have so much fun !!

Sophie Brador said...

Mango is looking elegant and graceful, like a dancer, in those play shots. We have loads of snow here too. It's the best!

Happy holidays,
SB

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my...first of all,Momma actually SHOVELS the yard so you guys can run???? We have enuff trouble gettin' the hoomans to shovel the driveway...why in the world has no one thought of attachin' a plow to the front of Mango?? That big boy could clear half the state of Mass A Chew SITs in 45 minutes flat...(how did you get two dog words in ur state name? The only thing about PA that describes us is VAN...or vain and at least I admit it....)

Oh...as for pottyin'...I er use the driveway...snow's less...TRY BEIN' A GIRLIE IN THAT SNOW...it's an issue...gives a new meanin' to frigid, ya know??!!

Speakin' of which...I may have to bring my portable mistletoe and come and pay the RH a small visit...for a KISS! I have my shower cap, no fear...

Gotta run...errands await...and there's some rumor of three baths happenin' today...Mumsie must stink if she's gonna take 3 baths...

Laciegirl...Love ya Dexter...ur kissie under the mistletoe was the stuff dreams are made of!!!!!!!!!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

that looks like so much fun to play in. Can we come over. We have never seen snow that deep before. We could help you find those lost toys??
That heeler friend of yours must be bored without sheep or goats to herd...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Wimsey said...

Ah yes, LLBean the Vogue of dog people. All that snow, I so envy you, ours all melted or turned into ice already.

Looks like you all had fun.

Lots of drool,

Wimsey

Nancy and the fatties said...

Hi Mango, we had to come visit you cuz whenever mommy sees your messages on the other bloggies, they always make her laugh. Also, please tell your mom that I, Howard Pee Pugpants, said that DIET is a four letter word!!!
happy howlidays to the biggest dawgie I know,
H Pee
pee ess, how do you type with them big pawthumbs?

dewdana said...

Hey mango Man and Pee-wee! Thanks for stopping by and Mango is one of the few guys out there that can call my Moose 'little dude ;-)
As for CCL troubles it is an incredibly common injury and pee-wee could be susceptible (as could RH) but believe it or not jumping won't do it if he is a healthy labradude! The problem is that you can't know if he has un-healthy ligaments until something goes wrong. I have decided to make my next post (probably tomorrow) all about CCL troubles so stay tuned for more info! In the mean time enjoy the snowy frolics for Moose- he would be so jealous if he knew that other labradudes were having fun w/o him! p.s. Moose just turned 7yo- middle age is common for CCL rupture but it definitely can happen at a young age. 8-(

Deetz said...

Mango Man!!!
I am back. I sure missed you. You and Dexter looked like you are having so much fun in the snow....everyone has snow now. Wishing you and your family Happy Holidays.
Deetzy

The OP Pack said...

Look at all that snow!!! Mom is headed to check out that jacket - she loves LL Bean. Our beds are from there.

RH's diet must be doing something if he can get his hiney up like that.

Great fun woo are having in the snow.

Woos, the OP Pack, who have lots of cold but no snow:(

Fenway said...

Weeeee....fun in the snow!!!

Have fun, Mango.
Fenway

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Dog Mom here. Your story has me laughing out loud, Dexter! Waldo is just like you--he doesn't like to poop outside when it's cold! We haven't had any snow yet, so it will be interesting to see what he does. Gus, however, LOVES the snow and the cold.

Haroo!! Dis iz Gus. Mommee iz rite. Da snow iz da bestez. Dopee Waldow don't kno how to do it yet.

Stanley said...

Thanks, Dexter, for the travelogue on errands and then your snow-filled backyard! Looks to me like Mango is better at the snow snorting and cold weather bitey face than he is at any other time of the year. Good to see his booty airborne!

Goob love,
Stanley

Amber-Mae said...

Looks like you guys love the snow alot! That cookie looked scrumptious! YUM!

Stuffed with LambChop,
Solid Gold Dancer

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We never know what the weather is going to be like here in Texas. Yesterday cold and blowy. Today warmer and misty rain.. Not hot though..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Niamh said...

Great games in the snow. I wish we had some here. But your poor mom has to work so hard to make paths for you. Give her extra smoochies.

Your friend,
Niamh

Lady Kaos said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow. Glad your Mom got a nice new coat so she can still take you out. I hate when my toys disapear in the snow, too. There was one winter I forgot what toys looked like until Spring because we had so much snow. This year we haven't had as much so I can still see all my toys.
Tell Mango, he was right. Foodable were definately involved in the taking of our Christmas card photo.
Kaos

Biggie-Z said...

Wow that sure looks like fun. Don't you know you all should get MANGO to make the paths for you? It's a lot less work that way. I bet he makes a good snow plow.

I'm having a great time at camp though I miss my Momma and P-Daddy.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Mack said...

A little dude like me would be COVERED in that white stuff! It does look awfully fun though!