Monday, December 1, 2008

The Invasion Part III

Before I get started, I have to tell any doggie that receives a holiday card from me that it is totally not my fault that they say 2009. I think momma must have been having a senior moment of some sort.




So, on Saturday after breakfast we all loaded into the mastiff mobile for our big "date" into Boston. Pee-wee opted to stay home so he could get fitted for a hearing aid after suffering damage from Lacie shrieking in his ear for about 900 hours on the drive back from PA.




We dropped the gals off at the Prudential Center for a day of shopping (ho hum) whilst us boys headed for a more interesting destination (and yes, I know this is a copyrighted photo, so I hope I will be forgiven by the image police).


This place rocks! Check us out! I was sending photos to the gals on my phone... wish you were here.... NOT!
The day went by pretty fast and it was time to head out for the ballet. We staggered... uh, I mean, strode purposefully out into the daylight. Archie might have overindulged, but Stan said not to worry and bounced up and down on him a bit. Mitch, well, let's just say he needed some air.But where was my mastiff mobile? That guy standing there said, "oh, is that your car?" And to my horror, I spotted my precious ride.

Uh oh...




Stupid momma (again, the dotty old hen) had let the inspection sticker expire which they don't take kindly to here in Master Chew Sits and my mobile was getting impounded! The peoples told me it would cost like totally a gazillion dollars to get it back.


I tried making smoochie face at them, but they must have had hearts of stone because they refused to be dissuaded from their mission.
Without a moment to lose, I herded the gang down to the theatre where the ladies awaited us and explained the situation. Of course Lacie starts her yapping, "How could you be so stupid? Where am I going to put all my bags? You better not think I'm going to take public transportation home!" Blah, blah, blah...


The ever resourceful Sruffman spotted this chap and reminded me that I, the Mango, am a great dancer. Perhaps I could try out and earn enough money to get the mastiff mobile out of hock.
Well, it was worth a try. Lacie and MJ insisted on trying out too. Here they are waiting their turn. Look at those dancer ladies! They are watching me put on my mastiff moves. They are clearly impressed, and...

So was the judge! I was immediately signed on to perform that very day. (MJ got a part too, but they told Lacie better luck next time - I think cause she's a spaz).

Now that Nutcracker ballet is pretty long and obviously they had to give other dancers some stage time, so I was told to be ready after intermission.

I figured, great, we can all watch act I together. Which seemed like a good idea at the time, but, did anyone even think to remind me that act I has like a total GIANT RAT in it? Agatha saw that giant rat on stage and started sort of vibrating. And then the other terriers saw it too, and with a shout of "earth dog!" they were upon it.

The horror! The utter humiliation! It was up to me to do something, and fast. I must say that this whole terrier attack was very upsetting and without thinking I let out a giant Mango fart! One of the peoples next to me passed out immediately and somebody else yelled, "gas attack" and the lights came on and there was like a stampede out the door.OK, solved that problem.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

Stay tuned for my debut.

17 comments:

Dannan and The Girl said...

Oh, Mango, I knew this was all a bad, bad idea. Even though you have so many furends to be a buffer (and of course, the beWROOtiful MJ!), it still seems like it's just not a good time.

I thought it was pretty funny about the rat in Act I of the Nutcracker! BOL, EARTHDOG!

Totally NOT funny: so much, but especially the stealing of the car cookie!

Here's hoping it ends soon! Can't wait to see your debut!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
I just can imagine that gas attack!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scottie the 'cutie' said...

LOL! That gas attack sure did the thing for crowd control...*grins*

Scottie

Joe Stains said...

OMDOG terrier on rat attacks, evil mobile impounding yellow monsters and LACIE. I am going to have nightmares tonight for sure.

I sure wish I could go to that Cheers bar tho, I think Tanner and that Bartender Woody would get along just great.

Snowball said...

Look like you all had a really good time.

Luv
Snowball

Huskee and Hershey said...

Well done Mango.. you saved the day!! I was laughing so hard throughout your entire post!!

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

Mango, you sure do know how to clear a room! We would like to have been there for the attack of the terriers. Since our Mom and Dad finally filled our squirrel feeder, Patches is hell-bent on catching one of the little rodents! So far...no such luck!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

OMdoG...What an adventure...

Abby xxxooo

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

HARUMMMMPH...

I didn't get a pikh of The Legend, The RH, The Mango, The MAN on MY phone...

It sooooo looks like the town will never be the same!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Technodoll said...

What! The mastiff mobile got impounded?? Holy crap that's terrible... you'll have to get a saddle to help transport the humans around now!

Petey said...

Ahh, after your balletic debut, we may need to flip that "W," add an "O" and change the name of the Wang Center to the MANGO Center!

Your pal,

Petey

P.S. I see plenty of rats in NYC and barely raise an eyebrow. However, if there was a tennis-ball adorned tree....

Gus said...

O! M! D!

We are loving the story.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Gussie n Teka

Dewey Dewster said...

MAngo...

Ya had a week ta remember fer sure....sorry ta hear about PeeWee's hearin' problem...coulda told ya that would happen.....hope ya get the mobile back again but we're sure ya will earn enough money ta get it and buy a new one too......

Dewey Dewster here.....

The FOUR Musketeers said...

Great post of the day you have Mango ! :D

xoxo ,
Four Musketeers

Willow the Black Dale said...

Wow! Mango you are one Giant Problem Solving Hero in my Dale eyes.
Lacie was just expressing herself like always...the girl has spunk!!!
Did you get the car out of "hawk" from the cops??? Really you could have just walked over all of them and Lacie could have just yelled while you were doing it and they never would have known what happened to them. teehee.

Smooches,
Willow

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

My, Mango...your version of this date is just a teeny tiny bit different THAN MINE IS!!!

So Pee Wee has delicate ears...or maybe they're all filled with water from too much labraguy splasin'?? Huh? I most assuredly did NOT SCREAM AT HIM FOR LIKE 800 MILES...
but what's a girl supposed to do...everytime he saw a river, lake or puddle he drove the Mastiff Mobile STRAIGHT AT IT....it was terrierfyin, I'm tellin' ya!
As for the Rat at the theater...what did you expect...Archie screamed GO TO GROUND AGGIE...he's her trainer ya know...and well she started the stampede...I'm sure the rat will recover...eventually.

That theater clearin' with the powerful STENCH you expelled was frankly...THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME...

I'm thinkin' there's going to be a relentless hooge fine...good luck with that one Big Boy....

As for ur debut...well...it sorta matches ur debutt. It stunk. Get it Mango...like BUTT. (Lacie shakes her head at having to spell everything out for this mastiff...)

I'm sure that that ovation they gave at the end was for me...

Barkies...Lacie

Eric said...

Jeepers.HHHHHahahhahahaaa earth dog...gas attack... wicked pictures Mango. Thank dog you were there to catch the action.

Wags, Eric xxx