Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More Cards and More Holiday Stuff

Our abandonment on Sunday was not without its benefits. To be precise, I received this orthopedic cushion to put on my bed in the dog cave. It is quite comfy and offers extra support for my large and occasionally a bit stiff self.



Sadly, I might need to fumigate.Our holiday decorating continues. Tonight, Momma brought the dogtivity boxes up from the basement.This being junior's first holiday, he was unclear regarding what a "dogtivity" is.Set it up! Set it up!






Of course, there is no mastiff, but otherwise it is a very realistic recreation, don't you agree? There are wise dogs and a little drummer dog, sheep dogs, and even flying angel dogs.



Momma insisted on putting her red tree next to the manger which I think diminishes the authenticity, but what can you do?


The pee-wee got his card from Randi today and he absolutely swooned when he saw it!That Randi is quite a little vixen. She wrapped herself all up like a present. Pee-wee was all like, "oh, she is all wrapped up just for me! Randi, my cougar!" He wanted to keep her picture on his bunker.Randi sent a package for the squirt too! It had these cookies (which he is supposed to share with me).And a collar with about 297 Randi's all over it.The kid almost passed out when he read her little note, "Merry Christmas my little cub! Since I saw you nekked *sigh* I thought a nice collar would be appropriate. A cougar is protective of her cub - so if any other ladies get near - they will know you are spoken for!"Yuh, whatever. I really like Randi a lot, but I am at a loss as to what she sees in a little pee-wee midget hump meister like my brother. I suppose love is blind.













Meanwhile, we are amassing quite a collection of cards! Soon there won't be any mirror left at all over the mantel. I am so excited to receive each and every one.







And speaking of cards, I suggested it might be time to send out the next batch, but to my horror, when I grabbed MY box of cards, this is what I discovered!It seems some dotty old hens CAN'T COUNT even though they went to engineer school and everything. Momma promised she would only use a couple of my cards, but I think she might have used more than her share to send to..... peoples!!!!







Thus I must apologize to any doggies who do not get a Mango card this year. You can blame Momma. Next year, I will do the ordering myself. Thank you very much.







Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. If you are wondering why I am remiss in visiting your bloggies, blame it on this book which apparently is "impossible to put down" whatever that means. At first I was excited that it was a book all about, Joey, but Momma says its about doggie splurgury.

31 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Dang nice posting Mango!

Khwite the excellent assortment of topikhs and such!

SOOOO, how loudly did woo laugh when woo saw the latest little eskhapade Lacie was khaught in? HEEheeHEEhee!

Don't furget, it is WEDNESDAY tomorrow - wink wink flikhk flikhk!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Niamh said...

That bed looks super comfy Mango. I've never seen a dogtivity set either but I think it is very cool. You are doing such a nice display of all your cards.

Your friend,
Niamh

Technodoll said...

You guys are so popular! Woooo! Our mom is too lazy - er, busy - to get into the card thing but we'll try to convince her otherwise next year. Wish us luck!!

Smoochies to you both xoxo

the akitas

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
The Dogtivity is pawesome!
I had never seen a red christmas tree! You are so original!
I am sure Dexter is so happy with his presents from Randi!
I hope you get my card soon!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The FOUR Musketeers said...

loook at all the cards ! & great gift from Randi

Randi said...

Hey Mango RH & Dexter Labradude (aka my little cub)...

So happy the pressie make it to the Mango Estate safe & sound w/o being intercepted by RH himself...

& the cookies...well, it would be nice to share with your big bro (pun intended) Dexter...but maybe you can tell him he has to do something nice for you..

Good job getting a new bed...I think it looks way comfy..

Love & Licks,
Dexter's Cougar,
Randi

ps..My mom/secretary/holiday interior decorater NEEDS to know WHERE she can get a dogativity!!!

Sophie Brador said...

Joey has become a splurgeon? Wow, do I know how to pick 'em or what!

xo
SB

Biggie-Z said...

Boy I hope your Momma isn't thinking about splurgery on you or Pee Wee! Splurgery is no fun - just ask my Momma.

And dude - don't tell Pee Wee but --- if you are thinking of going to camp in Brrr Mont next summer, you are in for a lot of labradudes and labragals. Seriously, they are all over the place. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Biggie

Shannon said...

Long time lurker, first time commenter. I must say that that book is fantastic! And definitely unputdownable. Fortunately I have a 2 hour long commute on a daily basis, so I get plenty of reading time in.

Oh and Mango, love the dogtivity set. I've never seen one but it's awsome!

Shannon

Bae Bae said...

Oh how pawsome that you get so many cards and that your cards are so popular it's all out. ;)

~ Bae

Noah the Airedale said...

Nice bed Mango. Does it come ready with the black dude on it? My new bed is dude free thank goodness. I hope you get to claim your bed back.

tailwags
Noah x

Maggie and Mitch said...

What a cute dogtivity, Mango! We just love it!
What a beautiful collar that Randi gave Dexter! She sure is thougtful! We sure hope you got some of those cookies!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Stella said...

Hey, Sweet Mango Man & your Labradude sidekick!

I LOVE the idea of have a Mangotree in place of the traditional Christmas tree. When are they going to string those lights and all the little ornaments on you? Will you be a mobile Mangotree?

That dogtivity is probably one of the coolest decorations I've ever seen. lease kissie your mama for her discerning eye in Christmas deco purchases.

You know, I have NO IDEA what it is that Randi sees in your little brother, but hey, who can explain love?! It just happens, man!

Goobery love & kissies all around,
Stella Bean Latifah

Lady Kaos said...

That bed loks very comfy! Thta is an interesting collar! I didn't know you could put pictures of yourself on a collar!
I love the dogivity!! Mom and Dad were just talking about buying a nativity scene but they can't find onw they like. They might have to look for that one.
Kaos

Sunny,Scooter,Jamie said...

Hey Mango!!!! you are looking wonderful as per usual(relax MJ, just looking...)
We got a magnificent MANGO & pee wee card!!!! Thank your momma for mailing it to us!!!
We and Mom LOVE your dogtivity. Mom has one question. WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?????????
Please excuse her yelling-she gets excited.
Hugs
Sunny
oh yeh, Scooter too

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrr Mango
Lisa the Mean is suposed to get the tree and stuff out after finals Harrrrr.
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Joe Stains said...

That dogtivity is amazing!! We have never seen anything like it. I don't even remember writing a book about surgery, but I sleep a lot, and ya know I could knock something like that out in my sleep for sure.

Randi said...

Awww Dexter!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MY LITTLE CUBBIE!

I received my present today & I LOVE IT! I've been chewing on my bone all afternoon & playing with my new tennis balls...luckily you remembered I can fit 2 in my mouth & those two balls fit nicely!

Please thank Mango RH for letting you use one of his address labels...that was really swell of him.

Thank you dear Dexter! You know just what I love...

Pics on my bloggy coming soon!

love & licks,
your Cougar,
Randi

Amber-Mae said...

Nice collection of cards you got there! We hope you get out card soon.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Yeppers...Mumsie read that book bout a month ago...kept her up half the night, too!!!

We LOVE the dogtivity scene!! We've never seen one before!! Our manger always has a stoopid wire foxie in it...have no idea why...you would think it would be filled with bright dogs...

Bet it'll take a year foe Peewee to recover from his pressies...

So what's on your list this year, Mango?????

Barkies...Lacie

Moco said...

When have you had time to nap with all the goings on in your house?

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Mango...DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST CALL ME A SIMPLE BEAST?

(Lacie is actually sputterin' at this point....)

Simple? SIMPLE?????

Lacie walks over to her bed to lie down with a cool compress on her forhead and a hotwater bottle by her paws....

Scruffy and Stan are beside themselves...snortin', pawin' the aire and hifivin' eachother as if it had been they who irritated the Lac meister....

This remains unsigned as the original author is practicin' her meditatin'....

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow you got so many cards. You guys are so loved..
that looks like a very comfy cushion for your condo. You will really enjoy that even though you may have to share...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Scottie the 'cutie' said...

I love the manger with the doggies! That is SOOO cool! Too bad we couldn't find those here...=(

Randi is such a sweetie! You shouldn't be so jealous, Mango! When you find your love,you'll probably be like Pee Wee too...*wink*

Scottie

wally said...

Mango--Wow. Your house is very exciting. Tell the little man to be careful about swooning. I did it and had to go to the vet! And I'd love to hear him try to explain to the vet about the cougar attack!

The dogtivity is cool. The other day when we were on a walk the Oscar Bean started barking at a natvity scene someone had on their lawn. I can only imagine what he'd do with a dogtivity.

wally t.

with love, Madison said...

That bed is very cushy. Madison prefers to sleep on the floor, though, all stretched out or flat on her back with her legs in the air. Such a rakish little girl!

Nibblestreats.com said...

Mango - we just found your blog and think you are pretty awesome! What a great blog and we love your dogtivity set! Gotta get one for ourselves!

Visit our blog. We'd love to hear from you!
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker
www.nibblestreats.com
http://nibblestreats.blogspot.com

The Zoo Crew said...

Mom loves that dogtivity set. She may just have to search for one for our household!!

Mack said...

That super thick bed rules dude!

I think PeeWee may be in luvvvvv.

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Mango, you look great in your Christmas tree skirt!

Sami & Baylee said...

Mango what a very cool dogtivity set you guys have! Love it!

xoxox Baylee