Saturday, January 24, 2009

Change and Inedible Apple

The Mango does not like change. So when Momma declared that the Dog Cave required emergency cleaning and rearranging of the furniture I was quite put out. She claimed that the cave was so full of slobber, lingering farts, fur, and other doggie detritus that it was no longer fit for human occupation (and that's a problem because....).

Whilst the fury of cleaning commenced, I was left to locate a soft surface upon which to meditate. I was fortunate to be able to find the puppy bed which was now in my living room.


Pee-wee did not fare so well. His only comfort was this little snuggle pad that had somehow become buried in the dog cave and subsequently flung out when it was unearthed as part of the cleaning process.


After about all day and lots of grumbling and groaning, the dog cave was re-assembled and ready for inspection. Things had moved around a bit and it smelled weird (well, we can take care of that I dare say). Ah, here is my large and meant for full sized dogs, but covered with an ugly blanket bed.
But you know what? I am more fond of the puppy bed in its new location. It is well away from those drafty windows and near enough to the door that I can bite pee-wee in the butt as he wanders in and out of the cave.
Later on, whilst sun baking on the deck, I was informed that Momma was going out on the Running of the Errands sans Mango! What, what, what?
This can't be good. Its important for the Mango to go on the ROTE to instruct Momma on where to shop and what purchases we are in most need of.
I told Pee-Wee to go on sentry duty so that I could meditate in the dog cave until Momma's return. I tried to send large and instructive vibrations to her regarding our periously low supply of sardines.Momma was quite excited when she got back. She said, "Oh Mango, I bought us an Apple!" Now, I know there have been comments made about my reasoning abilities, but even a methodical thinker like me can see that this looks nothing like an Apple. Plus, it is totally inedible!AND, I saw the price tag and it cost even more than a week's supply of kibbles so now what am I expected to eat all week? Labrachops?










Anyhoo, it seems that we might be "In Commune Mikado" for a few days while Momma works on the Inedible Apple. I guess its some sort of camp for budding doggie vocalists. Given my incredible range, I am sure I can handle a few tunes.Wish me luck!

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Since Dexter will likely miss his bloggy day (ho hum) he asked me to post this movie of him so you don't forget what he looks like.

video

20 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Oh no!

Another khonvert to the iWays of the iApple!

I think it is all an iPlot to take over the iWorld!

Good lukhk!

iHugz&iKhysses,
iKhyra
PeeEssWoo: Mom says if she hadn't just gotten THIS laptop last year, she'd khonsidered getting us some iFruit too!

MONA AND THE MOMMY! said...

leoHi Mango,

My name is Mona. I just heard about your girlfriend MJ from my friends at Dachsies Rule so I went over and read about how much she loves you so here me and the Mommy are to say hello. We read a couple of months of yours posts and we just loved all your snow pictures.
I can see why MJ loves you.

I am doing a feature called the "Strings of Friendship A-Z" and I hope you and MJ don't mind but I used both of you as my "M".

I hope it hope it wasn't a total secret before but all of the DWB community know you and MJ are an item.

Can we be friends?....Mona

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Sounds like a busy saturday!
I don't like changes either! Why our humans can't leave our things the way they are!
I am sure your mom is going to have lots of fun with than inedible Apple!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

hehe.. Pee wee did not look impressed sitting on that mat.

It is funny how you two swap beds.



Holly & Zac...XX

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello mango its dennis the vizsla dog hay my mama also has an inedibul appel altho hers is shaypd like a buk and open and closes this is her sekund inedibul appel after her first wun started to overheet mama sorta blayms this on tucker drinking her coffee and spilling it into the appel but tucker denies it ennyway i hope yoo hav fun with yore appel and dont leev yore coffee owt nekst to it at leest wen tucker is arownd ha ha ok bye

Randi said...

Oh Mango! How could your mama choose such an EXPENSIVE fruit such as an apple? But I guess she loves expensive fruit..you are named Mango & surely you are quite expensive as well...

I think that puppy bed is fit just for you..do you really bite Pee Wee on the bum bum as he walks past?

What the hee-hay is that pic of Dexter Labradude showing his psycho teethies doing up on the header? Scared the poopers outta me!

Just tell your mama to fix the fruit & get back to blogging!

Love & Licks,
Randi

misskyliem said...

Hi Mango & Dexter! I came across your blog on Stella's site and I said "Another Doggie from MA?!" I haven't met another dog from my home state yet! What a treat! I loved reading your adventures... Aren't humans so inconsiderate when they "clean" and disrupt our space! Jeesh! Also, who would buy a square apple?! It's not even red! I say send it back!

I sure hope we can all be furiends!

Licks,
Kylie

Mack said...

I think you should go ahead and bite into it...

Niamh said...

I am sure you can get the dog cave back to smelling the way it should, in no time. We have one of those apples too - I thought apples were supposed to be red. Did you at least get a car cookie?

Your friend,
Niamh

Noah the Airedale said...

I'm with Mack on this one matie. Take a big chunk out of it. It might taste better than it looks.

tailwags
Noah

Dewey Dewster said...

Mango...

Sorry yer cave got rearranged and de-skunked.....ya always need certain smells ta feel at home....so yer Mom bit the Apple bug....Gram looks at 'em but says no way----too high priced and the software she has won't work in it....maybe someday....stay warm and don't hurt PeeWee....

Dewey Dewster here....

MJ's doghouse said...

your mom sure likes to inconvenience you my big man....cant she just leave well enough alone....a poor little thing like you having to sleep in your baby brothers bed....anyhow i hope you arent gone too long...i justw neeeeeeed to see you alot...i lovvvvvvvvvvvvve you mango ...

Maggie and Mitch said...

I was all set to enjoy your post on juicy edible apples, Mango! I can't tell you how disappointed I am!
Thanks for the fly-by in your video, Dexter!

Yer friend,
Mitch

Kapp pack said...

Good luck with the new computer....change is furry distressing.

Royal Kisses, King Skyboy

Joe Stains said...

omdog my Mom is so jealous she might cry. She wants one of those Macables SO SO bad!

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Oh, Mango! Woo iz too funnies!! We iz sorree dat ur Apple is no good to eat. We not allowed to have doze apples in our house. Mommee says someting about Pee Sees only.

Stay warm in ur new bed!
Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

wally said...

Wooo! I remember when my ma ape went to the Apple store and I didn't know if she would bring home Red Delicious or Granny Smith. Would she make a pie or a cobbler? But then she said absolutely no eating the new apple. No fun.

wally t.

The OP Pack said...

We have heard our Mom making noise about that funky fruit coming here too but the price tag seems to be getting in the way. She will be very interested to see how your Mom likes it. Not sure what kind it is, Dad only likes MacIntosh Apples, but Mom said it isn't that kind of Mac???

Glad your cave is back in your paws.

Woos, the OP Pack

Peanut said...

oh an inedible apple doesn't sound like much fun.

Biggie-Z said...

WHEEEEE Congratulations to Momma on the Inedible Apple. My Momma has one she takes everywhere with her. She will find it's much easier to work on your bloggy so in the long run it's a good thing!