Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Living Room Update, a Visitor, & Night Fun

Yes, friends, it has been over a year since Master decided to add the side porch to my living room and they are still putting on the finishing touches. Sigh...


Today we added curtains!


These are magic curtains which are alleged to help keep the house warm in winter and cool in summer... we shall see.



Also, the new fireplace is completed.



Very fancy. Master made the whole thing since its actually some kind of "false wall" built out from the old fireplace surround. Those medieval looking objects are from an old church organ that the Master helped to rehabilitate.



I mostly like my new living room except that there is no place for my bed and subsequently I am required to retire to the dog cave when it is time to meditate.



There, I have found myself favoring the new puppy bed as opposed to the larger, rated for up to 200 pounds, bed. However, Momma's choice in slobber covers is somewhat appalling. I mean it totally clashes with the Mango!

Of course, the fact that the larger bed is saturated with labrasink (not to mention currently sporting his hump piggie) might have something to do with my choice.
I was quite excited that my friend, Keeg Hand, came for a visit tonight. I LOVE that dude! Look at me giving him total smoochies (please ignore insane looking black dog in the background).
After smoochies, Keeg Hand gave me the old back rub whilst Pee-Wee continued to act like a labrafool.And Keeg Hand, my man, if you are reading this, that Fenway gal keeps calling me asking how to get a blog. If you are too busy with all your gal-a-vamping around to help her at least send me a photo of her lovliness. Jeez!

Finally, I want to let you know that it is possible to have back yard fun even after dark here at the Mango estate. This is due to the lantern that my brother Jake made for me in welding school. See? Lights up the whole play area.Of course Junior thought he was going to get to play with one of the few toys to emerge from the snow.However, I have developed some very tricky Mastiff Moves that serve to reclaim any and all toys from pee-wee midget hump meisters.

Hey! Come, on, Momma, lemme have it. She is no match for my hugeness with her weak little chicken arms.Now we're having fun!Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Pee-wee caught Hector sneaking into Master's workshop. Wonder what that wily wheelie is up to now...

28 comments:

Dozer and Coop said...

Mango you rock! Mum is incredibly impressed with the redecorating you have done. Our house does not even come close. Mum has all our furniture in tan shades because I shed so much and it blends. Doesn't take much color sense to do that!

Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Evfurrything looks furrry furry nice!

But, it SOOOOOO needs some Siberian fluff to khomplete the look!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: IT IS WEDNESDAY in FOUR hours! Woo know what THAT means!

Gus said...

Mango-man...Muzzer says she loves the fireplace surround! and you all be very careful of that Hector fellow, wheelies are very crafty.

gussie

Technodoll said...

Mango-man! We've missed ya, big guy! (and the peewee too). Sorry we've been out of blogland for so long but we're back and we love your snowy happiness! Roooo!

Kissies from your Akita buddies xoxo

MJ's doghouse said...

wow mango...are you asking for another womans photo...whew...well i guess that is okay....these things happen...your homestead is sure starting to look good though....i would like to snuggle in front of the fireplace with you...

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
The living room looks great! Your Dad did a paswesome job!
Glad you enjoy the company of your friend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Mango,
Those magic curtains gives the room a cosy feel.. I sure hope it does it's 'magic' whe it comes to the hot summer!

Bae Bae said...

Your place look pawsome with curtains now. ;)

~ Bae

Stanley said...

Hey, Mango!

If you're willing, I'll trade you one Stellanator for your Keeg Hand. He doesn't look like he eats much, and I bet he can give a pretty good Atomic Booty Scratch! (I'll make sure my girl finds a place for him to stay, or we'll just kick her to the curb.)

Your living room is looking appropriately stylish for a guy such as yourself. Now tell us, who is this Fenway Girl you keep talking 'bout?

Give the labradude some props for the insane googly eyes and the glowing green eyes of death when he was in the backyard.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

Your living room is lovely...

I have something for you...Please stop by my Blog when you get a minute...

Abby xxxooo

Maggie and Mitch said...

Your room is stunning! Mom is drooling over the fireplace! It's just lovely!
You sure do look huge next to Keeg Hand, Mango! We know you're big but seeing you next to a hooman confirms it!
We can't wait to see what Hector is up to!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Nibblestreats.com said...

Mango, there is always room for a pet bed no matter what the room. They seem to match any and all decor. Love the big-guy-in-a-little-bed. Tink loves to do the same thing our bed. Sometimes she thinks she is really small. Love the name Keeg. Our little girl is named Keegan. He must be a pretty cool guy!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Lady Kaos said...

That fireplace is gorgeous!!! That's the only thing we miss about the old house is the fireplace, but our new house actually stays too warm for a fireplace.
Kaos

River said...

My mom loves the fireplace! How clever your master is to put that all together!

love & wags,
River

Sophie Brador said...

Woah, Mango, there is so much to say. First, I can't believe that your Momma and Master's chairs get the primo placement in that new room. Holy doodle dogs! Shouldn't that be your spot?

Second, my mom had a friend who made a documentary all about pipe organs and this company in Quebec who still makes them ... quite an art. My mom is impressed that your Master was involved with one.

Third, that Keeg Hand dude is pretty cute. Me and momma are fearing for his safety though. Looks like peewee wants to hump him.

xoxo
SB

Amber-Mae said...

Looking good!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Eduardo said...

My Mommy is in love with that mantal around the fireplace! She says she wants it! It is so beautiful! Looks like y'all are having fun in the yard!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Dannan and The Girl said...

Your Master did an excellent job! And The Girl assures me that your Momma also played a role.

I would like a lantern for my backyard. Does your human do custom orders?

Wrooo!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

What a beautiful fireplace. It will certainly keep the Mango warm in the Winter time..
Such a wonderful friend to give you all the rubs..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

The OP Pack said...

Mango, woo move so well.

Woos, the OP Pack

Dewey Dewster said...

Oh Mango what a lovely new livingroom.....yer Ps did such a nice job and the fireplace looks great.....ya better get Hector outta the workshop....he could get hurt in there.....

Dewey Dewster here.....

Joe Stains said...

I can't believe the labradude is stinkin up your relentlessly huge bed. I hope it gets destinkified soon and you can reclaim it!!

Joe Stains said...

PS Mom said she loves loves loves that fireplace!

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Your new fireplace looks lovely.

Hey.. evening time outside fun in the snow looks great. You are making us so envious of all your snow, we want some too! BOL

Love,
Holy & Zac

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

erm... yeah that should say Holly & Zac.. :o) hehehe

Mindy Lu said...

BARK! Wow, you daddy is handy too. My daddy built our fire box too. They said there was a fake something there before, and he promised mommy to make it real. He finished it just in time for me come to my forever home and lay in front of it. I just showed daddy yours and he was very impressed. BARK! Sasha the Princess!

Georgeous said...

Wow Mango, seeing you get a back rub from your friend really shows how relentlessly huge you really are. Will my sister grow to be your size?? I'm having concerns about my couch!
btw: Happy new year to you and your hoomans (oh and peewee), I'm catching up with everyone as I'm very behind.
Take care big man.
Love george

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Your fireplace is gorgeous!