Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Beds


Hector Wheelie here reporting on the arrival of the new dog beds!
Yes, these packages arrived yesterday. I need to tell you that mom was none to pleased because the instructions clearly said "leave INSIDE the garage" but the UPS man left them in a snowbank OUTSIDE of the garage (guy must be preposition challenged). Nevertheless, mom was able to wrestle the boxes into the dog cave.


Mammoth makes beds for dogs over 200 pounds, but they are too big for the dog cave, so we had to settle for the up to 200 pound variety. Come on, big guy, time to try your new bed.
See? Comfy!
But Mango was in a sulk. He wanted his old bed back! I tried explaining that his old bed was so flat that it didn't provide any cushion anymore, but, well, its hard to get him to budge once he's made up his mind.Dexter, on the other hand, had no problem adjusting and quickly made himself at home. I told him quite sternly to get out of the big bed. That bed is for Mango!This is the new puppy bed.
Dexter briefly touched down on the puppy bed and declared it inferior.
Reluctantly, he got into the puppy bed. It is certainly plenty big for him. He needs to learn not to be so greedy (oh my, somebody needs to dust under that dresser).

Now, where had Mango got to? Oh, the poor thing, hiding behind the coffee table.
After much coaxing, Mango agreed to try out the new bed, but by the time he got back to the puppy cave, Dexter had once again relocated.This time I was firm with the stubborn labradude, "Get on the couch and stay there!"
Mango confessed that he had been embarrassed to try out the new bed with Dexter in the room because he wasn't quite sure how it worked and he didn't want to look foolish.
So I don't want anybody to laugh as he tries to puzzle things out.
Aw, the poor thing. I'm not sure he gets it, but at least he is sort of on it, so I gave him a smoochie and tucked him in for the night.Sweet dreams, my Relentlessly Huge friend.Hector Wheelie, over and out!

23 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

It looks like it even has room fur Lacie!


Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Peanut said...

What mango you didn't flipped it over? That's what I do to my beds haha

Lacy said...

w00f's Mango Hector and Dexter, wow, me iz shure impressed wiff the new beds...looks mightie comfortable to me..

b safe,
~rocky~

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hector!
The new beds are pawesome!
I am sure those two are having good naps on them!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The OP Pack said...

Soooooo, no more worries about the orthopedic one??? Great beds and they are matching too, well, at least in color.

Dust, what dust, we didn't see any.

Woos, the OP Pack

Ike said...

OMD, I could fit 20 Ikensteins on there!
Ike

Saint Lover said...

Absolutely loving your new beds! My dogs are jealous! They really like having beds of their own. Keep us posted how the like them.

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Those beds look AMAZING, Mango! Whenever mommee brings a new bed into the house, we fight over it until we fall asleep together on it. Lucky dog!

Asta said...

Hector
What a gweat bwuvvew you awe..you weally helped the welentlessly hooge to get comfowtable..poow Mango..he still doesn't seem all that happy wif the new bed..I think it looks supew comfy..I could fit on thewe wif all my giwlfwiends and have a slumbew pawty..hmmmm..that's an idea
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Bae Bae said...

Woh the new bed looks comfy

~ Bae

Noah the Airedale said...

Awww Hector, you are such a good friend to Mango. I reckon in time he'll love his new bed. I hope you can keep Dexter off Mango's bed and in his own...sheesh.

tailwags
Noah

Maggie and Mitch said...

The middle will squish down, Mango! You gotta throw yourself in the center of the bed, buddy!
You're such a good brother to Mango, Hector!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Hector...

I'm glad you were there to help with the bed switch...

Poor, Mango...He doesn't like change too much...

The new beds look really comfy...

Abby xxxooo

Sophie Brador said...

Those labradude faces are all alike when the pouting starts. But the couch seems like a good deal to me! Hope Mango man gets used to his new bed.

xo
SB

Mack said...

You guys are so lucky getting your own beds! Mom won't buy me one cause she says I'd only de-stuff it in 20 seconds!

Sophie Brador said...

Is that the Mammoth dog bed company in Canada? And if so, mom would like to know if you got the chocolate upholstry fabric or the brown microfibre. Seems she is shopping a bit for me.

xo
SB

The FOUR Musketeers said...

wow the new bed look great !

Tibby said...

Hi Mango!
You're new beds look soo comfy! I'm glad that Dexter moved to the couch so that you could try it out!
-Tibby

Tibby said...

Hi again Mango!
I forgot to tell you that I added you to my friends list! I hope that's ok!
-Tibby

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Great story and great new beds.
haha.. we dig ours up too to make them comfy! :-)

Love,
Holly & Zac

wally said...

Those look comfy! Maybe those beds cause preposition confusion and Mango thought he was supposed to sleep OUTSIDE instead of INSIDE the bed?

wally t.

Lady Kaos said...

Wow! I think the big bed looks more comfy, too. I would totally choose that one, too.
Kaos

Joe Stains said...

You are very nice to take care of the relentlessly huge one, I am sure he appreciates it. I get very upset when things change also, I just cannot handle it. I am sure Mango will be loving the new bed soon.