Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tags and Ice

My friend Maverick the Pirate tagged me to choose the fifth photo from my fifth folder. Here it is...


This was taken last winter when it was very cold and Momma had the bright idea that my large and possibly prone to brain freeze head required a hoodie. I reminded her that my mastiff skull is actually 14 inches thick and no such adornments would be necessary (plus orange is so not my color).

So many of my pals have already played this game, that I am just going to say, hey, anybody who wants to play, go ahead.

I have a new game I'll call "What Were you Doing Last Year?" Go to your bloggy archives and find your post from a year ago. Here is mine. This was a very scary time for the Mango because Momma almost got duped into bringing home some fierce mutant Guinea pig instead of an actual puppy and I was forced to enlist the aid of actual Guinea pig thugs to scare her off.

I am going to tag three of my new friends, Ludo, Dennis, and Kylie to play. Where were you a year ago?

Yesterday we had the worst weather possible. Snow, then rain, then ice, leaving my Observation Deck in this condition.Plus my entire estate has ice on it that makes it impossible to have any fun at all. Even our snowman seems depressed.

I am BORED!

Pee-wee practiced catching snowballs for a bit. You can see the snow way up in the air over his little head.


And he worked on his levitation skills (big deal).

The most fun I could come up with was eating this icicle.


Nom, nom, nom. To make matters worse, Momma and Master both went to work and left us home alone. Momma relocated the herb plants because they were deemed to be "looking for trouble" sitting on the window sills with two bored doggies in the house.


Which didn't succeed in keeping certain Squirts out of mischief. See the note that Momma left for Master? "I think pee-wee did this. Hopefully it was empty." Well, I think it was because he didn't blow up or anything.Even my beloved decapitated Santa head could not inspire me.

Usually when Momma comes home we go outside for night games, but it is still too icy, so I continue to be trapped with nothing to do. Ah, poor Mango!

Now there are many toys that are for "snoopervised playtime" only because sometime Junior gets confused and thinks that some of the toys on the estate are actually his, but I was so restless, that we got out the special toys. I got my screaming Lacie monkey.

And Pee-Wee got the cuz.
OK, this is a little fun for now...
Mango Man! Oh yeah!

33 comments:

Lacy said...

w00f's Mango and Dexter, b careful on dat deck, it does look slick..me thinks that little puppy beside ur herbs iz cute...

b safe,
~rocky~

Gus said...

oh my..between the monkey and the cuz, your mom is praying for spring!

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Gus is probably spot on!

Nice new tag and grrrrreat new pals!

Be khareful!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Asta said...

Mango
At least you have something that still looks like snow..all I have is ice and slush..absolutely NO fun!

Maybe you could put on ice skates..and I pawsonally think you look gweat in Owange, but then I'm a bit pwejoodiced about that colow
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Tibby said...

Hi Mango!
I'm sorry that you are so bored. I have been pretty bored too. Does your mom know that she put those herbs by a mini dog that could easily gobble them up?! He is looking right at them! I hope Dexter doesn't blow up!
:) Tibby

Amber said...

Poor Mango....ice is no fun! At least you do have the monkey. :) That icicle looked tasty too.

Nala

wally said...

OH that's a fun post. Ice STINKS.

wally t.

The OP Pack said...

Mango Man, please be careful on that ice. How do woo makeit up and down from the deck? Furry carefully, we imagine. We have no ice, no snow, no nothing. But it was sunny out today.

That monkey looks like a lot of fun. Hope tomorrow is not so boring.

Woos, the OP Pack

with love, Madison said...

Sorry you were so bored. We are having trouble finding really challenging toys for Madison. Don't you love the labels that say "HOURS OF ENTERTAINMENT?" hahahahahahahaha H-Mom now says, "yeah right" ...

MJ's doghouse said...

mango when i am hopelessly bored...i just crawl up in a ball and go to sleep and dream of my big reletlessly huge dude...i feel a nap coming on...

Eduardo said...

Sorry your so bored! That monkey looks fun though, why don't you bring it over here & we can play. YAY!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Asta said...

Mango
I know you know my pain when I'm wif the Fuzzbwat, hehehe
I think you should dip that icicle into some cheese
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Bae Bae said...

You look bright in that orange hat.

~ Bae

Suzuki said...

Hi Mango
I really like the photo of you in with the isicle :D
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Maggie and Mitch said...

We just love your snowman's hat, Mango!
We have the exact same thing you have - ice, ice everywhere! It's horrible, isn't it!
Tell Dexter that lighters are not acceptable toys to be chewing on! Cuz is the better choice!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Well you do look like your having fun in the last photo.
We're glad Pee Wee didn't explode playing with the lighter.

tailwags
Noah

Stella said...

Say, Mr. Mango the Massive Maniac for MJ!

Word on the street is that you think I'm not only INSANE but that I'm also not even a dog. I've heard many other pups compare me to Lacie too (including you). Just so you know, while I love Lacie Girl (she's a good friend to me) we are NOT the same dog. We have some tendencies that are similar, but we are each our OWN DOG!

I'm just sayin...

On the other paw, I LOVE your snowman's Kong Krown. He looks very DEVO with it on his punkin head.

You and Dexter look so cutely forlorn in the land of ice. Please be careful with those icicles of death. Seriously. They can kill.

Goobery love & tiny kissies,
Stella B(ean) Latifah

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello mango its dennis the vizsla dog hay i think yoo luk gud in orandj!!! ok bye

Niamh said...

What is with the orange hat Mango?? I hope you are treading carefully on your deck. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself on all the ice.

Your friend,
NIamh

Nibbles Treats said...

Poor Mango. We're had the same conditions at our house. We're not too bored yet because our kids have been home from school since Tuesday. We are playing with them a lot. Want to borrow one of them? They don't eat much and they smell okay. They give great hugs! Let us know soon. We can ship one overnight. They will have to be back for school on Monday though.

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

pam said...

We are bored too. We live in Michigan and there's snow. Eek. We moved from Florida so this is not cool. Hey Mango we have a santa head too. Maybe you're our long lost brother?

Moco said...

Sometimes you just have to make your own Mango fun, whether anyone else likes it or not.

Butchy & Snickers said...

So sorry you guys are bored. That ice stuff is the worst! We've had that this year too. Makes for very boring days. Tell your hoomans to be very careful when they walk outdoors. Hope you have a fun weekend with your hoomans.
Luv & Wirey Hugs,
Butchy, Snickers, Ruby, Sylvester & Scuby

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow that is a really cool picture of you. Maybe mom should have chosen a different color..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Eric said...

Thank Dog Pee Wee didn't spontaneously combust.

Wags, Eric xx

Lady Kaos said...

Cute picture! Your game sounds like a lot of fun!
Kaos

Joe Stains said...

Sorry it is so cold and crappy there dude. I sure hope it gets better soon. Maybe Pee Wee was starting a fire to warm you up??

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

Sounds like you are as tired of winter as I am...

Abby xxxooo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
That icecle looks yummy!
I am sure you will find something interesting to do inside your house!
Maybe looooong naps!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Miss Sophie said...

Hallo Mr Mango Man,
I have great empathy for you, it must be 'boring times for Mastiff week' or something. I don't have all that snow in my country though, which is good 'cos I'm not allowed to play & run right now. I hope the boring times are over real soon.
Velvety Kissies
Sophie

Ludo van puppy said...

haruffruffruffruffruffruffruff!!!
That piccure of you eating an icicle is so funny. Good work chewing up stuffs. I was not born a year ago, but my rabbit has stole my blog to do it for me.
~lickies, Ludo

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee Mango...

Yer observation deck looks like it's in a deep freeze...yer yard too...just like ours....but we're supposed ta get warmer temperatures tomorrow.....we sure hope they stick around fer awhile....ya really wouldn't eat those herbs would ya?????

Dewey Dewster here.....

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, I hope there was no gas in that lighter!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer