Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wheelie Wednesday (Delayed) & Recall


It appears that Momma is running a day late this week which is fine during vacation, but she better figure out what day its time to go back to work!

Keeg Hand came over again today to put some stains on our living room addition (I have explained to Mango that this is different from his stains, but the big guy is still confused). Keeg Hand asked me to help him out and I was anxious to comply.
Unfortunately, Momma had other things in mind, such as forcing me to go to the mall with her and Grandma and Auntie. Let's see, doing manly home improvement activities with Keeg Hand or go to the mall with mom? Tough choice, huh? But my opinion on the matter fell on deaf ears and I was stuffed into a wheelie transport pouch and hustled into Grandma's car.

I'm not a big fan of the whole shopping experience, but the mall does have some nice spaces. Like these concrete trees.

I'm not even sure why Momma goes to the mall since it is full of things that make her go "tsk, tsk, who would buy this stuff?" Like these shoes which don't seem in keeping with her LLBean / Lands End sense of style.Even a sophisticated, up with the latest fashions guy like me had trouble understanding this skirt made out of wood.Here's why you shouldn't go to the mall with your mom. You have to go into the ladies room with her! I discretely turned my head away while she "freshened up." I wanted to check out this Ruehl place, but the ladies refused to go into a store with iron bars on the windows.Auntie wanted to take a break and call my Nephew Jack and Uncle Mike, so I kept her company. She bought a Bad Cat calendar for Jack (and boy are those cats bad).
I made a movie of some of my mall adventures.




I was pretty full after that big burger, but Momma, Auntie and Grandma had room for "just a little more"


When I arrived home, Mango immediately told me about a disturbing letter we received from LLBean.

Remember those ice shoes that Momma bought? Well, this letter says, "...Stabilicers [may] break while on ice [which] could result in injury" And asked for an immediate return to LLBean.Wow! Some person must have taken quite a spill! I immediately put them in the postage paid return envelope before somebody around here got hurt. Guess no more ice walkies.

Hector Wheelie! Over and out!

27 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Ummmm...

And woo wonder what the neighbours think of my mom rekhording Walkin' Wednesday?

I wonder what The MP's thought?

Great day shopping!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Mom says years and years ago (shortly after paper was invented) she had a Bad Teddy Bear khalendar....I think she still has it but it is wrapped in brown paper!

Maggie and Mitch said...

OMG, you got to go to the mall, Hector! You are so lucky!
Wait until Autumn sees this posting! She'll be swooning for WEEKS! She LOVES chocolate!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Gus said...

Hector, you handled that shopping trip like a pro! Great job on the automatic doors, and real panache on the lescaltor.

gussie

Tibby said...

Hi Hector!
It looks like you had quite a day at the mall! I can't believe that you rode the moving stairs all by yourself! My owner girl says she wishes she has some of that yummy looking dessert! Good thing Mango let your mommy know about the recall! We wouldn't want her getting hurt!
:) Tibby

wally said...

Oh my. My ma ape would most definitely fall of those shoes. She might need some of those ice shoes, though.

wally t.

Niamh said...

I'm not a fan of shopping either unless it is to the pet supply store.

Sorry your Momma's ice walkers had to go back but I'm glad she found out about it before she took a tumble.

Your friend,
Niamh

The OP Pack said...

Mom's still laughing - woo guys are all the highlight of her nights - she so enjoys your posts. She just can't believe that your Mom did all that at the mall - she must be something else - BOL and LOL.

Woos, the OP Pack

Scottie the 'cutie' said...

That's quite an adventure at the mall you got there, Hector! The mall looks awesome...Mom likes the concrete trees there too! hehe!

Scottie

MJ's doghouse said...

oh my gosh hector...that food is making my moms mouth water....so much....especially the greasy juicy yummy hamburger....

Bae Bae said...

Oh you get to go shopping. How nice.. Did you get to buy anything for yourself

~ Bae

Amber said...

What a fun trip to the mall....the dessert looked especially good...YUM! Bummer about the ice shoes...my friend's MOm has some yak traks and she loves them. Well, I am off to get some dessert now....you made me hungry. ;)]

Kisses,
Nala

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hector!
You had a great day at the Mall!
Shopping, yummy food, yummy dessert!
Lucky you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

To Mango's hooman...

Um...I thought I was the only one who went shopping with Wheelies...I've taken them into the grocery store and the pet store...AND DISCRETELY WAITED TILL NO ONE WAS AROUND BEFORE PHOTOGRAPHING.

OMD...you took Hector to the MALL??? I would have given a lot of $$ to have watched the people watchin' ya film that...they probably thought you were from some big production company...that this was a new Boston CSI being filmed...

The escalator was the best.

YOU ROCK, MANGO'S MOMMA!!!!!

Laughing till I cried!!!!!

Mumsie

It's such a relief to have found someone at least as crazy as me...frightening actually.....

Joe Stains said...

You get to go to the MALL?!?!? Your Mom ROCKS I tell ya. I am using this post as a petition that I must be allowed to go EVERYWHERE with her and I want it filmed!!

Asta said...

Hector
You awe a pawsome, bwave , wheeley..even though you would wathew be doing chowes , you sacwifice youwself fow the love of youw Mom and to buy sweets fow youw sweet..It takes a weal stwong man to be seen shopping
wheeley smoochies
Myrna
ummm,I'm sowwy about youw Mom's ice shoes
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Noah the Airedale said...

We just loved that video Hector. It's not everyday you'd see a wheelie at the mall. I certainly hope people weren't being rude by staring at you.
The food sure look delish. I'd have loved to tuck into that burger.

tailwags
Noah

ps. you really know how to boogie

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

Wow, Hector, you had quite a day out! We were just wondering...how many shoppers stopped to watch the filming? Our mom always forgets the camera when she goes places like that!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Moco said...

That was quite an outing. Dessert is always good. What kind of nonsense is this about those LL Bean ice shoes?

Behr Behr said...

Mango, your mom's got a great sense of humor! My mom used to do lots of silly things like that, but she hasn't done them lately. She said she's inspired by your mom tho. Uh Oh.
Maybe she'll get a big skateboard and take YOU next time :)

Hey, I left you a surprise on my blog, Mango.
Behr Behr :)

behrrake.wordpress.com
see Jan.22nd post

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello mango its dennis the vizsla dog hay of korse we can be pals i like pals!!! i think yoo may be my biggest pal probly even bigger than gracie the naybor dog wot is a saynt bernard perhaps we wil hav a wayoff sum time ha ha ok bye

Lady Kaos said...

That was a very cute video! I acn't believe she had to return the ice walking shoes! That's a bummer for poor Dexter. Hope your Mom finds something else to go for ice walks.
Kaos

Randi said...

Hey Hector...did the peoples at the mall think Momma had just escaped from the local looney bin? Or did they think she road the short bus to school her entire life? Whatever they thought of her, who cares! You were treated to a great day at the mall!

love & licks,
Randi

Abby said...

Hi, Hector...

I'm barkless...

And, my Mom is gonna pee her pants, I think...

Abby xxxooo

Eric said...

HAAAAaa!!! Mom and me are on the floor hooting with laughter at hector in the Mall.She thought she was ..well a little off her trolley photographing little Eric in the swanky hotel in NY and in Tiffanys...we are overcome your adventures Hector...we LOVEd IT!!! That esacalator scene - a classic!!!! Wheelie wheeelie funny!!

Eric and his Mom. We salute you Momma(and your co directors Aunty and Grandma)

Mack said...

I think you were so considerate in returning those dangerous shoes, your Momma ought to spend the money she gets back on loads of wheelie toys!! (Is there such a thing??)

Sophie Brador said...

Hector! I haven't seen you in ages. Nice to see you are having such fabulous adventures. Looks like your brothers were having some fun in the snow the other day too. Good to see Dex is actually a proper sized dog. He's very handsome. If he wasn't already Randi's cub .....

xo
SB

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrr Mango
I would think that the grocery store would have a lot more things Harrrr. Like the Meat counter Harrrr.
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate