Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Year of the Labradude

In honor of the Pee-Wee's first burbday, I am going to provide you with a retrospective on the little dude (see, I am not such a bad guy).


Month 0 - The Pee-Wee is born. I don't know which one of these little pee-wee midget hump meisters in training is him. Mind you, I had been asking for a puppy all my own ever since my Beautiful Raja crossed over the bridge. But I had been very specific that I wanted a full sized pup, preferably a gal, hopefully a blond. So you can imagine my disappointment when I saw these labrapup things and was told one would soon be living on my estate.

Month 1 - Momma and Master visit the pee-wee manufacturing plant to decide if they really want one. I suspect that Dexter is the one stealing a snackie off his momma since he is ALWAYS hungry!

































Month 2 - The arrival of Pee-Wee to my Mango Estate. Even as a little pup, he was challenging the Mango. Check out how he's giving me the labrastare.
Month 3 - He graduates from labrahump school (yes, that's him on top).
Month 4 - TROUBLE! As you can see, at a young age, he was already getting his labrastink all over my large and meant for me bed as well as stealing my stuffies.
Month 5 - Perfecting his stair technique and subsequently entering forbidden zones of the estate and chowing down on my stash of kibbles.
Month 6 - Celebrating Independence Day
Month 7 - The discovery of water; leading to being constantly wet until the pool shut down in October.



Month 8 -
Oh, whoops, that was one of my baby pictures. How did that get in there?

See? I don't make this stuff up. Dude was like in the pool for two months.

Month 9 - Still with the water sports (and by this time that pond must have been quite chilly).
Month 10 - Ha ha! This is his labrabutt.

Month 11 - He is finally big enough for serious bitey face which turns out to be way fun.1 Year - I let Dexter pick out his one year photo and he chose this one. It is right after he went to the salon and he is nekked (hee hee).

Why I like Pee-Wee (by Mango)
1) He wakes me up when there is an intruder.
2) He is fun to bitey face.
3) He keeps me fit.
4) He hates the mastiff mobile so I still get my ride to myself.
5) Gosh, I just kind of like the little dude and miss him when he isn't around (go figure).

Momma helped me make a movie of us playing on the ice yesterday to show how much fun we have together.

OK, enough labrastuff, here's my studmuiffin photo. Mango Man Oh yeah!

21 comments:

Randi said...

Awww Mango...that is probbaly the nicest thing you could have done for Little Baby Dexter Labradude! Featuring him in his own BDAY montage...way to be a BIG BROTHER!(no pun intended...)

Little Baby Dexter was quite the cutie pa-tootie & I'm so happy he came to live with you at your estate...

You must have been perfecting your ice skating skills, cuz you are quite light on your paw paws out there!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

That was furry special of your momma to do that fur him!

AND FUR US TOO!

Woo really are light on your paws despite the massiveness that is MANGO!

As fur the last pikhture....

I need some ice to khool down my fluffy tail!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

What a great post...Thanks for sharing Dexter's first year with us again...

You guys were having a blast on the ice...It looks like it's a little hard for you to stop on the ice when you are going full speed...

Happy Barkday, again, Dexter...

Abby xxxooo

Maggie and Mitch said...

What a great first year for Dexter! We love his BUTT shot! hehehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Mango, you are the best big brother ever. We loved seeing the little dudes first year all wrapped up in one fantastic post.
As for the icecapades....crikey, it looks hard matie. Was it totally frozen solid or were you sinking just a bit? As you can probably tell we're not really ofay wiwth all the snow stuff hehehe

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy xxxx

Asta said...

Mango
Faboolous studmuffin shot!! you look gweat!
I think it's wondewful when you and the labwadudecutie awe playing..I'm glad he's finally big enuff to give you a spowting bitey face.
I loved the wetwospective..thank you
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Tibby said...

HI Mango!
What a nice post dedicated to Dexter! It looks like you both had a fun year!
-Tibby

Gus said...

wow...that looks like fun. You guys are ON TOP of the snow! I think it must be verrrrry cold. Teka would not like it - but I would.


gussie

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Great selection of pic's and video Mango.

hehe... we love how you slipped a gorgeous puppy pic of yourself in there too.

That one of you and pee wee on month two is just too Adorable!

Love,
Holly & Zac

Niamh said...

Happy Birthday Dexter!

That was really nice of you Mango to put together all those photos. I like all the water ones since I love the pool too. However I think you are much more handsome with you brindle hugeness than the pee wee.

Your friend,
Niamh

Mack said...

Happy Burpday PeeWee!!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Sure this past year has been full of interesting things since Dexter came to live with you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dannan and The Girl said...

Happy bee-late burbday, Dexter! Holy crow, but you've grown! Sheesh, can't believe you were ever that small!

Mango, fantastic tribute to Dexter! Best present by far, I'm sure!

WRoooooo!
Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Mango, it was very nice of you to talk so sweet about your brother! See, he's not such a bad labradude!

And Mango, you are looking very fit and trim in the video! Way to go, dude!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

MJ's doghouse said...

i was getting a little overwhelmed with labradude photos....then i saw it....the magnificent mango himself....but happy birthday dexter....and wow....mango...just wow...

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hey buddies! Holly and Zac said we should check you out cos you guys are funny....and they were right, that ice video is hilarious!
We love big brindle boys, one of our best friends is a brindle Great Dane....and Snoop's BFF is a black Lab!
It's nice to meet you :o)
Slobbers xx

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Awe Dexter was so cute. WE can see you raised him well.
We love you video.. You 2 have so much fun together...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

The OP Pack said...

What a great gift to your brother!!! We loved every bit of it - what a cute pup pup puppy Pee Wee was - and now he is ONE!!!! He sure had a fun first year. That snow skating scene was hilarious.

Mom is still laughing at woo sticking your own puppy face in there.

Woos, the OP Pack

Stanley said...

Mango bud!

That was quite a retrospective on the Dexter Dude! You are a supremely cool big brother, you know that?

It was all quite sweet as your story progressed, but we were awed and mystified by your puppy photo, then by your cool roachin' photo at the end. Quite a nice mix of labradude & much-needed Mango!

Goober love,
Stanley

Lady Kaos said...

Awwww, Mango you're such a great big brother!!!!! Dexter is very lucky to have you!
Happy Birthday Dexter!!!!
Kaos

Mindy Lu said...

BARK! My favorite picture of you, laying on your back smiling at me. Did you get lots of tummy rubs showing them the belly? Daddy said there is nothing cuter than a big dog showing the belly! Sasha the Princess!