Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mango Minster - Best in Show

In order to maintain the integrity of Mango Minster, the lovely Khyra agreed to being Sea Quest Her'd during all of the competition. I was able to find her lodging at the very special Master Chew Sits Motel 6 Ice Hotel.

[Khyra: I was absolutely woo-less when we pulled up - once again, the piks never look like the real thing...BUT in this khas, it was such a grrrreat surprise!]
[Khyra: and the ham! it was delicious! I soooo wished Huffle khould have enjoyed some with me....]

Entertainment...
[Khyra: I was khwite happy to see that Master Chew Sits still does pawmit skhwirrel's on a string...so many states have done away with that...although some of them do allow khytties on a rope...]

And of course a climate controlled meditation chamber.[Khyra: I'll admit, I was disappointed woo hadn't arranged for some.....MALE khompanionship fur me! A girl gets lonely and that furry big bed was sooooo skhreaming fur khompany...]

Oh Miss Khyra! I am blushing.

Don't forget that our Best in Show winner will get a special prize from Kira and Scampi's mom. You can visit her online store here. This is a picture of a little WFT terrier angel that she made (but we won't be needing that one I suppose, this ain't Westminster).

Best in Show will also receive official Punk Dog Cookies from Murphy Dogg! YUMMERS!





I've counted the votes and am proud to present...






MANGO MINSTER 2009 BEST IN SHOW READER'S CHOICE

Goober Stan!
Why is Stanny in such a hurray to collect his prize? Because a certain WFT is waiting to give him a big congratulatory smoochie! Good job big dale.

And now, take it away Khyra!
Furst of all, I would like to thank evfurryone fur the khooperation and understanding this past week. I felt badly that I khouldn't not get to khomment as usual on all the blogs but I felt it best to stay away from any blog that I thought might reveal the seven khanines I would see as I judged Best In Show for MANGO Minster 2009. I didn't want to run the risk of any of the khrap that happened at WestNOTMANGOminster 2009. Not being able to khompete for the group winner bekhause the handler had worked fur the judge at one point? Pfffffft!

I would like to thank The Relentlessly Huge fur asking me to judge BIS. I was honoured and furry flattered! Of khourse, I woo'd yes in a Siberian Minute! Getting to meet Mango was khwite the experience as well. I expekhted big...but he is BIG...I mean HUGE! I do hope the staff at The Motel 6 Ice Palace doesn't mind the number of towels I used to keep my khoat from building up too much of that special slobber juice he produces!
I want to recognize Mango's furry special Mango Momma by presenting her with The Khool Chikhk 2009 Award on my blog fur today! She helped keep him awake and able to preside over HIS furry special khompetition. She also managed to keep PeeWee The Labradork okhkhupied as well! She also managed to keep my mom okhkhupied and her glass full so she didn't bug me!You will notice I stopped at the library to review the paperwork fur each of the khanines befur me. I wanted to review the paperwork to make sure none of the Khount Test Ants had khome from ice khubes to make pupsikhles like some of the khanines in that OTHER show. Once again, MANGO Minster 2009 is so NOT the other show!

PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE LACIE STOP THE SHRIEKING....SHE'S NOT KHOMPETING IN THIS ONE.......SHE'LL BE REMOVED FROM THE BUILDING UNLESS SHE STIKHKS A SOKHK IN IT.
Best in Show Judging

Toy Group: Pumpkin ...I was furry impressed with one of the two bitches among the seven. Furry nice khoating...expressive eyes and nice tongue akhtion. She surely showed the attitude necessary to represent MANGO Minster 2009. She did say her mom would help teach my mom how to play her guitar.

Sporty Group: Charlie...Finally, I get to meet a pug up khlose and pawsonal! I think pugs/puggles, goldens, and terroriers are sekhretly plotting to take over the world. As I put my paws on to chekhk, I khould tell fur sure, Charlie was a CharlSHE and not a CharlHE. Another nice khoat and excellent expression! She offered to teach me how to do that tunnel thing!

Non-Sporty Group: Ike...Another furst time snoofing. Living in Pawsylvania, I don't get to see BOSTON terriers...image my surprise to learn he lives in MinnieSNOWda. And OH MY was this paws on chekhk khwite fun! The muscle tone was inkhredible..and another one with eyes that need to relax just a bit. He said he'd show me where my pals Stella, Eva, and Brice The Handsome lived!

Hound Group: River...I was wondering how Uno got into the show BUT then I realised this beagle was even more beagleable than Uno. I loved his kholouring and he kept giving me THOSE eyes. We chatted about the transports our moms do and how khool it is they khan help get other pups to their furever homes. He showed me furry powerful snooter and his furry velvety ears. He told me I khould have one of the treadmills from his yard.

Herding Group: Shiner...I knew Shine would be a khontender when he kept trying to get the other six into the center of the ring. Once again, those border khollie types khan be such showoffs...and sooooo give my kind a real khomplex! The eyes, khoat, and especially the tail. Furry nice khanine. As I chekhked him out, he shared some of his story. WOW! I thought Stumpy had overkhome some adversity but Shiner's story is khwite touching as well! He promised to tell me the sekhrets of livestokhk management. Hmmm, tempting!

Terrier Group: Stan...thank dog it wasn't Lacie...oh wait, I mean I'm sorry I didn't get to meet her. I had met and played with a 'Dale at The Hike N Howl last Okhtober so I was ready fur him! Since I had knowledge of Khyrastan and the Khyraese khanines, it was khwite interesting to talk about GooberStan. I did ask what it was like to have to live with a LakieGirrrrrl. He had khwite the (Boston baked) beans to spill but I don't judge and tell. I think he deserves an award fur patience. I khould feel his fine muscle tone; his khoat khondition was fantastikh. He did give me the lowdown on some tips about khonvincing khats I'm an okay kind of khanine.

Working Group: Waldo...good thing I like to jump up to greet people fur it helped me with this big and tall one! Thank dog his ears weren't done or might have been max'ed out! What kholours in his khoat! He was lean from all the great work he's done recently. Prokhuring the khupkhakes really helped add to his physikhwe! Whilst I was taking in his daneness, we exchanged some words about what it is like to live with a golden. Since my khousin Merdie is a Golden(doof re)Triever, I just had to ask! He gave up a few tidbits and said he'd shared more later!

Well...there woo have it...the judging fur MANGO Minster 2009 Best In Show....

Now, fur my decisions...

I know the stuffy old biddies and khodgers that judge WestNOTMANGOminster always babble something about wishing they had seven ribbons/bowls. I now know their pain. I never expekhted this to be such a tough khall. I mean, all seven were fantastikh and would do Mango proud to be the Best In Show of MANGO Minster 2009 but sadly I must choose...





Sekhond Runner Up......... Shiner







Furst Runner Up....and fur any reason BIS not be able to fulfill their obligations as title winner...oh wait, diffurent khontest.....
River






Best In Show MANGO Minster 2009....... Waldo
Those 'AKC' types don't know what they are missing by thinking his 'kind' is not a desirable thing! He's also the lukhky dog fur he'll get a lovely skhulpture donated by my beaWOOtiful furiend Kira The Florida Siberian and made by her furry talented mom...I only wish my mom had some kind of talent. Once again, tank woo to all that entered MANGO Minster 2009! Now let's go sniff some butts!





Mango Minster 2009 BEST IN SHOW WINNER




Thank you Judge Khyra!


All of our Reader's Choice and Show winners will be receiving there pee-mail awards later this week. I will contact recipients of Reader's Choice and First Place winners to arrange for their prizes.

Right now, I am most exhausted. We'll have a BIG RECAP tomorrow.

Mango Man!
Oh yeah!

43 comments:

Sitka, Tia, & Cornelia Marie said...

Yeah! Furry cool! Nice job Khyra in the judging. I think ALL contestants were terrific! Congrats to Waldo!
Hugs,
Sitka

The OP Pack said...

The conclusion to a fun week - Congrats to Waldo!!! High paws to all the contestants, winners and nonwinners!!! Mango, woo deserve a furry long nap and lots of Mango cookies when woo awake. Khyra, woo done yourself proud!!!

Woos, the OP Pack

Lexi, Qwill, Shiner and Trophy said...

Congrats Waldo! :)

Asta said...

Congwatulations Waldo!!!!
Faboolous win!!!
I can see you making youw wounds awound the wing..such a gait..fabooloous!!!
Congwatulations to all the wunnews up and the cont est ants!
Khywa that was a pawsome , impawtial judging..you di d agweat job!!!
(and it's gweat that my stanny won pweople's choice!! I admit it..He's my guy!)
The whole show had class and incwedible con test ants..and such supew judges.!
Mango..you awe the MAN!!! thank you fow a most incwedibly fine show!!!! Faw oopewiow to that othew one!
love andsmoochie kisses
ASTA

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

I'm exhausted!

Tanks fur the grrrrreat time!

Hugz&Khysses,
Judge Khyra
BIS
MANGO Minster 2009

Petey said...

Bravo Waldo! Mangominster has crowned it's very first Best in Show winner!

And Stan the Man, congrats on winning Mister Congeniality...all the dogs in the dorm love you!

And Mango, there's are not enough relentlessly huge words to say Thank You for such a fun week!

Your pal,

Petey

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Mango Mango...what a show!!!!! We terriers cannot tell ya how impressed we've been with the running of Mangominster!!! Even Khyra's Khomments about me were inspirational...she and I really need to meet for coffee...I thought she did an amazing job judgin'...I could NEVER have been that impartial...

As for you, Peewee and Momma...OMD...what an event...you got dogs from all over DWB's meetin' and mixin' and spreadin' the love...we've met sooooooo many dogs we didn't know before...

YOU ROCK MANGO...

LOVE YA SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH...

For our appreciation, I have cleared a day in my schedule for a DATE! You only have to wait
2 1/2months; not bad as I'm booked for the next 2 years!!!!! Besides..it gives ya time to prepare...um...can we skip the ballet this time...i just don't think i can take those tights AGAIN!!!!!

Laciegirl

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

Congrats to Waldo!!

What a great event...

Sleep well, Mango...You deserve it...

Tell your Mom to take a nap now, too...

Abby xxxooo

Amber and Nala said...

You deserve a rest Mango...thanks for hosting such an incredible competition!!

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Woww!!! Did woo heer da stampeed at arr howse wen mommee told Waldo he had won?? The biggest game ov bitey face on dis syde ov da Miss-uh-sipee jus happend!!

We iz soooo happee and on-urd to be da Best In Show. Take dat, Westminster!!

Mango, woo deserve a big, sloppee kiss fur all ov yur harrrd wurk dis week. And yur mommee too. We had sooo much fun seeing all ov da puppehs and doggehs compeeting. Evurywon iz a winner heer!! Tank woo, Mango and Mango's momma!! Enjoy yur sleepee timez--woo desurve it!

Mommee sayd someting abowt cupcakes fur da big winner. Gotta go!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Susan said...

OMD! You must be exhausted Mango! You sure did a great job on this compawtition!
Now, I am really disappointed that I didn't win, and being non-sporting or bad-sporting as Joe Stains would say, here is my non-acceptance speech: "WTF, Khyra? Are you blind? I mean I know that Dane is a looker, but what about cute and dainty? Have you thought about that? What, am I not tall enough for you, do I not have enough fur? Jeez. You don't know what you're missing! I'm off to sulk and cry in my beer."
Ike

Susan said...

Pee S: Khyra - thanks for copping a feel! Being a married bloke, it's nice to get a little different attention now and then.
Don't tell Martha!
Ike

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Congratulations to all the winners!

Mango I love your video. I hate when mommy tries to wake me up too early in the morning.

xoxo
Pumpkin

Samantha: said...

Khyra! Whattta job! Awesome Khomments and fab judging - you knows your doggies! Congrats big-time to Waldo and also to all the other finalists - and - to all the doggies who showed! I learned a lot about my bloggie pals and look forward to barking at ya! And your poor thing, Mango... you are indeed... exhausted it seems! Great work everyone on this huge and extremely successful project! Khudos to all!
Huge huggies and licks,
Sammie

Sophie Brador said...

MANGO! Oh ... sorry for shouting. I know you're trying to sleep. This has been an exhilerating week. I'm exhausted just from watching! I'm off to meditate now too. Thanks for a great shooooooo!

xo
SB

Pamela, Kira and Scampi said...

Congrats Waldo! And Thank you to Khyra for all of her hard work! Mom is frantically digging through Waldo's Blog to get pictures to sculpt. Waldo should see it in a couple of weeks due to sculpting and drying and firing times, sorry...she whines a lot, and Mom is real slow when it comes to that!

Pamela, Kira and Scampi said...

I almost forgot to thank you Mango and Mango Mon for such a fun time at a show!

Lorenza said...

Congratulations to Waldo!
And thanks Mango and Mom for this pawesome show!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Phew, what a week! Great job Mango, you and all your staff put on a wonderful show, we really enjoyed it!
Well done to all the party-piss-ants and a huge well done to Waldo for winning BIS, and to River and Shiner, worthy reserves! Khyra did a great job too, though we didn't realise she could be such a diva!
Slobbers xx

Dannan and The Girl said...

Congratulations to all the doggies in the BIS competition, especially to Shiner and River and MOST ESPECIALLY to WALDO!!!! Way to go, buddy!

Mango, you have put on an incredible Mango Minster! I hope you and your Momma will be up to making it an annual event! Thank wroo for such an entertaining (and far superior!) doggy show! You worked furry hard, and you are both pawsome!

I'm also furry glad that Khyra gave the Mango Momma that special award. You totally deserve it, Mango Momma!

Wroo!

misskyliem said...

Congratulations EVFURRYONE!!! I hope you all had as much fun as I did! Thank you so much Mango for hosting the Mangominster! This has been super and I am looking forward to 2010!!! BOL Rest up big buddy, rest up!!

Licks,
Kylie

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Mango...I just want you to know that I am probably going to be Waldo's Publicity Agent...Lacie's Flirtytail's Get Famous Agency...I would apprecitate you NOT warnin' er I mean possibly biasin' him on my services...obviously there are other agencies out there, but none with my experience with large males. Er I mean um never mind.

Thank you....

I hope someone's been payin' attention to Pee wee...poor guy. Haven't seen hide nor hare of him for over a week.

Lacie CEO Flirtytails Inc.

Joe Stains said...

Congrats to Waldo!! Khyra you did a fabulous job for sure!!! Mango, my buddy, go take a HUGE nap.

Joey said...

Great job, Mango and all the judges! Congratulations, winners! Mango Man! Oh yeah!

See ya!
Joey

Murphy Dogg said...

What a great finish! Congrats to Stan and Waldo! Mango, you did a helluva job!

Puglette said...

congratulations to waldo!!! a well deserved win!
charlie wants you all to know what an honor it was to win best in sporty group. she is working hard at her agility training and hopes to enter next years competition.
hooray for all the participants!!!
hooray for mango and his mom!!!!
hugs for everyone!
puglette
:o)

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Wow, Mango! that was quite a production! Very entertaining! Congrats to all the winners!

Randi said...

OH MANGO & DEXTER & the MOMMA! what a wonderful finale to MANGOMINSTER!

I dedicated this RANDAY to your momma cuz she's done such a fabulous job making mangominster a success!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Bae Bae said...

What a pawsome contest and congrates to all the winners. ;)

~ Bae

Huskee and Hershey said...

Congrats to all the well-deserving winners!!
No wonder you are so tired Mango.. it's been one hectic week for you! Thank you (and your mom) for organising this, and for the hilarious commentary!

hollyshouse5 said...

Wow, what a great show!! I think Khyra did a fabulous job in judgine. All very deserving winners!!

Holly

hootieandbabyrocketdog said...

Grand show! Thanks for all your hard work & congrats to the winners! X-BabyRocketDog & Hootie

Maggie and Mitch said...

Congratulations to Waldo! Congratulations to ALL of the winners!
You have done one heck of a job, Mango! Time for a vacation!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Suzuki said...

Congratulations to all contestants and judges. You all did a pawsome job!
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Mack said...

Congrats to Waldo and all the winners!
Mango I think you need a nap as big as you after all your pawsome work at MangoMinster!

Nibbles Treats said...

Great job and congratulations to every one with a special thank you to Mango and his mom. This has been a ton of fun! Your commentary was witty and fun. Every dog was a winner. Mango, now is the time to pretend you are Puxatawny (sp) Phil. Sleep for six more weeks! Thanks for Mango-minster 2009!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Ludo van puppy said...

phew, what a whole lot of work. It has beed very very fun. Congrats Waldo, Khyra was a pawsome judge!
~lickies, Ludo

Koobuss said...

Outstanding job, Mango!!! BRAVO!! BRAVO!!! The entire show was just fabulous! I loved it!! Congratulations!! (And I love your choice of music.)

You deserve a nice long rest and a vacation somewhere warm. You've certainly earned it.

Again, Super Job, Mango!!

You're the best!


Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

Congrats to Waldo on BIS! Actually, everydoggie that entered was a winner! MangoMinster is FAR superior to that "other" dogshow! This has been loads of fun and we hope you have the energy to do it again next year. We know it was lots and lots of work and you did a really GREAT job! Now you and Momma de Mango deserve a rest. Maybe in Hawaii?

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

The Army of Four said...

Ha rooooooooo! Congrats to Waldo and to all the contest ants!
Great job on the judging, Khyra. That had to be tough - even if you did get to stay in a purple ice place.
Many thanks to Mango for such a cool contest!!!!!
Play bows,
Zim

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Congratulations Mango on hosting such a fun competition.

Congrats to Waldo and all the other winners.

Sorry we missed it this time but if you do it again we shall play too. :-)

Holly & Zac...XX

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Ya everyone did so well. Tell Khyra thanks for helping you. Thanks Mango for arranging this. We had a great time picking..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Eric said...

Wow! What a HUGELY entertaining week Mango. Paws up to you and Dexter and Moma!!!. And Waldo too. What a worthy winner.Thank wooo. Lots.

Wiry wags, Eric xx