Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mango Minster Day Two

Reminder that each day's Reader's Choice awards are tabulated at 5PM EST (the Mango is confused by time zones) in order to give my large and arithmetically challenged self time to tabulate.

The Hounds Reader's Choice Award

Once again, the Reader's Choice award was a HUGE win. This time for Lorenza!



The nights can get a little chilly here in Master Chew Sits, so Lorenza came prepared. Well done, little hound!


Hound Group Judging

Maybe the Lacie Beast was not the best choice for a judge, cause she sent me this unbelievably long email full of her usually yappyness.



Dear Mango...


OK...I have given this my undivided attention this afternoon...and you do know TODAY IS MY BARKDAY...


So instead of sittin' around loungin' and eating birthday cake, I have been associatin' with those furless, beardless hounds...

I am NOW DEAF...their bayin' is enuff to make me bite my nails...


Not to mention they um SHED.


And...well...they have a rather distinct odor...er scent.


There was well...sorta a scene in the ring.



A bunch of terriers...you can guess who they are...invited a fox into the ring...


Outta NOWHERE came this hunter on this ginormous horse...I um stepped in its..well, never mind...you do notice that I have open toed shoes on with my Versace dress....


Well, after the fox had gone to ground...I COULDN'T STAND IT MANGO...I dove right in there after him, costin' me and thus YOU a rather larger sum in compensation.

My fees;

1256.98 My dress was deeeestroyed.

653.00 My boots were covered in well never mind.

43.00 Complete pedicure...nails were ruined, just ruined.

90.00 Complete grooming....to get the fox scent and hound scent outta my fur.

400.00 Dental bills...chipped a tooth bitin' that fox's derriere


Anyway...this is so not just about me...just write me a check.



Mango: I didn't hear here complaining when I pulled her out of the fox hole by her little banana tail. But maybe judging Hounds is a little tough because here is an ACTUAL PHOTO that Asta took during the competition. Hmmm.... wonder who let that fox in the ring? Maggie? Mitch?

OK, Lacie, the check's in the mail. But who won? Who won?

Judge Lacie Speaks;




I will say the field was totally impressive if you like hounds. It was one tough pick.



2nd Runner Up:



Wimsey...that very male Bloodhound on that confounded motorcycle....he was creative and I had to give him points for that. The motorcycle hadn't had emissions testing done recently; the horse was chokin' on the fumes and had to be treated for a full blown asthma attack.....just an aside. I found it impressive that he can track the fox without even being on the ground, but on the back of a moving vehicle.

Mango:

Too bad you can't hear his acceptance speech. It was quite a howl! Ha ha, get it? Howl? Oh the Mango is just too witty for words.










1st Runner Up:


Nala; Rhodesian Ridgeback Stunning....what a bootiful girl.....look at that stance...the length of those legs....an almost pawfect specimen. It might help if she wasn't distracted by the puparazzi...she's not lookin' at the foxie.....but attempted to angle for her best side shot. (Not that I see anything wrong with that...it's a chick thing...I know).

Mango: Oh Nala! You vixen!




WINNER;



River; Beagle

This dog is just the complete package. (No pun intended.) Looks, personality, he is the epitome of breed standard. Yes, I KNOW a beagle won Best in Show last year..no,this did NOT influence me....I was totally impressed by River...he never once took his eyes off his quarry...even after I asked him out on a date, that handsome boy. HE TOTALLY IGNORED ME! Based on this alone, he deserves the win...I mean who can resist the Lacie???





Mango: River, this might be a mixed blessing. Once the Lacie Beast sets her sights on a guy she can be quite the stalker. Maybe you should hire bodyguards for the Best in Show competition.

Thank you Judge Lacie.


And now on with the show!

Herding Group Reader's Choice polls close at 5PM EST on Wednesday, February 11th.

May we have the Herding Group in the ring please?







Hershey Border Collie





I wasn't even going to let Border Collies into Mango Minster because I know they are not actually doggies, but alien beings from the planet Agility. But Momma (the dotty old hen) INSISTED that I let them compete anyway. Hershey, by the way, gets her speed from being jet propelled by her "sploding butt."






Scampi Border Collie





I feel kind of sorry for Scampi. I went to her bloggy to try and get to know her better and found out that her sissy, Kira, is a total blog hog! Plus, there are all like these wicked great huzzy shots of Kira and none of Scampi.







Stella Border Lab





Unlike Border Collies who prefer to herd sheepies, the Border Lab is an indiscriminate herding who will round up people (especially children), cats, or even possibly (gasp) toy doggies.







Cooper Cardigan Welsh Corgi





This corgi has a tail and is proud of it! If you're going to be happy, the least you can do is have a tail to wag instead of having to wiggle your butt like those Pembrokes.







Carly Cardigan Welsh Corgi





Oh yes, she looks all innocent with her little dainty white toes, but Miss Carly happens to be the world Great Mud Wrestling champ of 2009. Go ahead, visit her bloggy if you don't believe me.







Riley Catahoula





Yuh, I agree, what the heck is a Catahoula? Riley explains, "There are some people who are trying to make Louisiana Catahoulas AKC dogs (whilst there are others who think we are too rough and tumble for such silliness and want to keep us out of the show ring). AKC has officially decided that we, Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs, are indeed herding dogs--if we will ever be acceptableness by them."








Wally Corgador





Corgadors are very rare, possibly because other dogs are reluctant to mate with them. Not for the squeemish, Corgadors are happy to barf and enjoy their meals twice on a moment's notice. Some have been observed to play dead when under stress which can cause weak hearted humans to totally freak out.







Callie Heeler





Don't even think of getting a heeler doggie unless you have lots of sheep and goats hanging about. Callie and her brother Louie are special deaf heelers. Does that mean they cure deafness? I dunno.







Gus Heeler





Gus is a Rescue Heeler. Here he is rescuing his wards from the blue jeans legs creature.







Louie Heeler





See what I mean? Heel, heel, heel, all day long. Hey, those sheepies are almost as big as the Mango!






Koda Border Collie





Koda says he is a pure Border Collie, but his fixation on tennis balls has to make me wonder if there is some Labradork in there.







Qwill Mixed Border Collie





See, the nice thing about Mixed Up Border Collies is that they do more than just be super smart, they are more, well, dog like. Take Qwill, she likes to cuddle and bark. Very doggie.







Shiner Mixed Border Collie





Shiner doesn't like to share. And that's a problem because? I don't like to share, does that make the Mango a bad guy? Naw.







Oscar Peppy Sheppy





See that vacant stare? That dorky drooly tongue? And the fact that he's wearing two collars at once? If he had a place to put a pocket protecter he would. The Peppy Sheppy is a super geek and I don't know how Wally puts up with him.







Lucie PyraCollie





A PyraCollie has some Great Pyrenees and some Border Collie which means they shed... a lot!
Obviously Lucie is a puppy (awwwwww), but don't let that sway your vote (unless of course you think cuteness counts, which it sort of does).







Addie PyraCollie





PyraCollies are great at removing ice from any and all surfaces. If you live in someplace cold, like I do, you might consider having one or two of these guys around to keep your walkways clear.







Trooper Shepollie





Another cat herder. You know, when Momma complains about work, she says "its like herding cats." So maybe they could use some Shepollies there.


63 comments:

patty said...

i vote for wally!

the professionals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lexi, Qwill, Shiner and Trophy said...

I have to vote for Qwill. Everyone knows he's the favorite. :)

Oh, and Koda's not a border collie mix, he's pure bred. But he's still a dork :)

the professionals said...

oh its another tough one since trophy didnt bring home a trophy maybe qwill will - our votes for qwill

wally said...

ZOMD! I have been slandered! I'd just like to say that I am totally grossed out by barf. My BRUDDER is the one who eats it. His and mine.

I vote for Oscar. Oscar votes for Wally. We are at a stalemate.

wally t.

Amber said...

Another hard one but first I MUST say!!! Thanks...I am honored to be the 1st runner up in the hound category. ;) What an amazing day it has been!

Ok, down to today's judging. My first pick is Carly...those ears and the cute little expression is enough to melt anyone's heart. She looks like a great example of a herder and Corgi's (I know) are great Herders. My neighbor is a Corgi and she herds me all the time. :)

My second choice is Callie....love seeing her in action and plus my Mom knows sign language so she is inclined to make me vote for her...is she deaf??

Good luck to all in the herding group!!

Love,
Nala

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

I vote for Hershey, Addie, and Oscar!

Tasha said...

I'm going to have to vote for Qwill.

Koda may be my baby, but he's not a good cuddler... I vote on Qwill for his cuddling quality. :)

pam said...

Bobo is voting for Wally T because he's never heard of a Corgador and he likes that name.

Meja is voting for Lucie because her best friend what she left in Florida was Lucie.

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Aaaarrrroooooo! That was exciting! Well done to all the winners, such tough competition! Alfie is pouting and has hidden himself under the covers but River.....he's a handsome dude so no shame there :D

So, for the next Group here are our votes:

Alfie is voting for the very beautiful Stella, he's very impressed at her progress with Ali-Z and wishes he could show such restraint with Gus....and just look at that shiny coat! (Our Mum says Stella and her Mom are one of our oldest blog buddies)

Rosie is voting for Addie, she also likes to herd and mother other critters and she likes her style!

Snoop is going to vote for Cooper....he looks like he'd be fun to take on a wabbit chasing session! (Our Mum also thinks he's soooo handsome!)

Gabbi would love a puppy of her very own and she would like to vote for little Lucie....erm, Gabbi, she's, like, bigger than you!! (we love watching Lucie-cam too!)
Good luck and big drooly slobbers to all xx

Asta said...

Oh My Dog
that is an awful lot of faboolous doggies in that gwoup..I don't undewstand how we'we supposed to choose..I love them all fow vawious weason..sheeesh this is vewy hawd..I love youw descwiptions
I vote fow Callie

I have watched hew amazing pwogwess ovew the yeaws and she's a weal winnew
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Dannan and The Girl said...

WROOOOOOO!!! Congrats to all the winners and runners up in the Hound group! Especially to the lovely Lorenza and to the fabulous River! I would have loved to vote for you both. Er...and a few of the other doggies... ahem!

Anyway, voting for the herding group would be super tough, except my SWEET STELLA is in this group! So I vote for Stella! Wrooooo! Brown dog kisses to Stella!

Deefor said...

Is it too late to vote? I'm 2 time zones away. Anyway I can't decide. What a great show! The Mango Minster kept me and my mom laughing. All the doggies are winners!

Amazing!
Deefor

Technodoll said...

Mom's watching the 'minster show on tv right now, counting down the minutes till the working group. Cuz they're the bestest group, admit.

We always vote for the akita. He he.

Now, for this group here... um. Thems all pretty and it would be cheating to vote for our friends, right?

This is too hard!

We're going back to sleep...

D&M

River said...

Thank you, Lacie for picking me! Yes, I am dog who focuses like a laser on my objective which was not meant to be insulting to you, of course. Most of my objectives are my mom's socks and robe, no foxes here, although really beagles are for bunnies. Thanks Mango for holding a minster of our own.

For the herding group I vote for my bud, Gus the Blueman!

love & wags,
River

Samantha: said...

This is sooooooooo hard because I gots pals here and these doggies are so focused and pretty and well... Congrats to all the dogs who have participated and... I vote for Callie because I can't choose everybody! Help!
Kisses,
Sammie

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

Me, Rosco, & Tigger are casting our vote for:

Shiner...

Abby xxxooo

Eduardo said...

Congrats to the winners! I vote for Wally! & Addie...if I can!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Petey said...

Mango Man!

Petey and Mica would each like to cast a vote for the adorable Hershey! Too darn cute!

Your pals,

Petey and Mica

coopercreek said...

What a great group of herders to choose from. So, here are our picks.

Cooper would like to vote for Trooper because he likes to play with the big dawgs.

Lexi is voting for Oscar because she thinks he's cute.

And Carly is voting for Carly, well, because she can and because she thinks she's cute.

The FOUR Musketeers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ratmammy said...

I vote for Trooper!!

The FOUR Musketeers said...

Cody vote fur ADDIE his BFF !
Joyce vote fur her master HERSHEY !
Lady vote fur LUCIE !
& Zena vote fur Callie !

The OP Pack said...

Dakota votes for Lucie; Phantom votes for Callie; Thunder votes for Hershey; and Mom said since it is her 'puter, she gets a vote too and her vote goes to Stella. Good luck to all of woo.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Pee Ess Woo - Mega congrats to Lorenza!!!

Ike said...

WALLY!
Ike

tnbullterrors said...

All us Bullies are voting for Scampi! We know what it's like to have a blog hog (ahem! Feather)
so Go Scampi Go!

Lacy said...

w00f's Pups, as per usual, we r going with our oldest friend...we vote gus..

b safe,
~rocky~

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

We have lots of gud doggeh friends in dis groop. Wat a tuff deesishun. We will go wif Trooper. He is one of da most beewootiful doggehs we have ever seen. (da mommeh wrote dat. we uv course arr da most beewootiful)

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Joey said...

Hi Mango! In this group, I'd like to vote for sweet little Lucie.

Later!
Joey

Courtney said...

I CAN'T PICK! Shiner or Qwill, they are both my boys and they are both so cute! (Riley is super cute too, and my own Catahulla mix thinks she's great!)

I think I'm going with Shiner...

with love, Madison said...

Madison's head is spinning again. Perhaps it was the reinactment of Sunday's drama in the emergency stairwell (although H-Mom thinks we should practice that every once in awhile for practicality's sake) ... anyway, right this moment she has a crush on TROOPER ... so that is how she is voting. You know these holly-dog types ... so fickle ... so coy ... (PS did you see that a GIANT SCHNAUZER won the working group? does this disqualify her from mango-minster? should she respectfully withdraw to pursue her acting career? sigh ... too much to contemplate. time for some beauty sleep ...)

Lorenza said...

Speechless here!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sophie Brador said...

Wally, wally, wally! Then Oscar as my second choice, but only because he is Wally's brother. I would like to go on a date with Wally, especially if he wins.

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hahahah.. Mango, your commentary is too good! Everyday we look forward to coming to your blog and read what you wrote cos it makes us laugh!
Ok ok... our votes: I'd like to vote for my 'not so little' sister Hershey (she threatened me with her teefies) and I'd like to vote for Addie!

dewdana said...

I thought I would have a hard time picking from the stunning herders until I scrolled down and saw Wally. I find the Wally face so irresistible that I think his ma ape must think I am a stalker! PLUS this might be the closest a Labrador will get to winning a Minster! I saw on that other minster that a black lab came in 4th but that is no consolation...
Moose and I both vote for Wally, but as always they are each stunning beasts!

nl1990 said...

Wally! and then of course one for everyone else too!

nancy

Stanley said...

Stella is voting for Wally (no big surprise), and I am voting for Hershey!

Goob love,
Stanley

MJ's doghouse said...

oh dear....I have to vote for Wally...he is where it is at dude....Besides he is jsut the cutest little corgador ever..I hope you win Wally....i am glad I only had to vote for first...cuz you were obvious...everyone else ...they would all be second....

AppleDebbie said...

Hey Mango, I feel funny voting for myself so I'll let Grandpa Ollie do the voting.

Grandpa Ollie: ZzzzzZzzzz ::snort:: Huh?? I vote for BOOPER! errr I mean TROOPER! You know, the pesky mutt that lives with me. Can I go back to sleep now??

Tom and Tama-Chan said...

Tom votes for Addie
and
Tama-Chan votes for Lucie!

Suzuki said...

I vote for Addie & Lucie!
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

ocmist said...

I, OC, vote for Carly. Dott votes for Lucie, and BG votes for Scampi. Mom likes Carly AND Trooper, so she can't vote.

Mack said...

We would like to cast our vote for that sweet lil redhead, Callie

Pamela, Kira and Scampi said...

I better vote for my BROTHER Scampi, as otherwise I will be considered not only a blog hog, which I am NOT but woo would think I don't like him either, which I do sometimes, when he is not annoying me with his toy obsession, or snuggling on Moms lap, or stepping on me, or pushing me away from Mom, or stealing my food, or his incessant barking..... anyway, I vote for Scampi
-Kira The Beautiful

Agatha and Archie said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is very very hard but Archie votes for Callie and I vote for Wally....but we really love them all..Love A+A

Murphy Dogg said...

I'm voting for Koda, because he's got an intense face, man. Super intense. It's a little freaky weird, but I like it. He looks like he could be plotting something very evil, but very cool.

Maggie and Mitch said...

OMG, another tough, tough choice but we have to go with Wally! We can see clearly by the look on his face that he really wants to win!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Maggie and Mitch said...

BTW, it wasn't us that let the fox into the ring! We swear!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

The Army of Four said...

Congratulations to Lorenza and to River!!!
Wimsey's speech was "quite a howl". Hee hee hee! Oh, Mango! That's a good one! A "howl". :)
Ummm.... Stormy said I could cast our vote today.... and because I, too, and a red pointy-eared girl, I'm casting our vote for Callie!
Love,
Ammy

Heather and Pumpkin said...

I vote for Cooper because there are pumpkins in the picture, and pumpkins remind me of me, and I'm one of my favorite dogs, if I do say so myself.

xoxo
Pumpkin

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my...this is tough...I vote for Hershey and my bros are votin' for Wally....

You have done an AMAZIN' JOB here Mango...for a dog who sleeps all er meditates regularly, this has been an incredible amount of work...

I had NO IDEA how witty you are...

Lacie ponders this carefully...pickin' absently at an imagined flaw on her chin...

Anyway...

Love ya lots...

Laciegirl

Oh...our word verification here is "raters"...

Andrea said...

I vote for Trooper!

Wimsey said...

Oh more difficulty. I shall cast my vote evenly between Riley and Wally.

Wimsey

Jim said...

I Love my Trooper-Doops!
He's the best Hiking Buddy in the WORLD!!!

Moco said...

This has caused quite the uproar in our house. We have been nipping and yapping at each other all morning. Dawson votes for Addie,Hershey and Lacie. He thinks they are just "lovely." The dingle doof doesn't get the idea of one vote. Foley votes for Wally and I am voting for my jean legged herding buddy, Gus. This was such a hard decision. We are all going to take a nap now.

Joe Stains said...

I totally vote for Wally!!

Stella said...

I must vote for my girl, Stella.

Ali Z casts her vote (reluctantly) for Stella.

Total two votes for Stella

Lady Kaos said...

Oh no! Who do I vote for? Hershey is so adorable and Callie, Louie and Gus are so good!!!! Ummmm, okay, this is hard. I'm going to vote for Callie since it's the hearding breed and she's the newest hearder (I think I just made up a new word!).
This is so much fun Mango!!
Kaos

Lady Kaos said...

Oops, my new word was supposed to be hearderer.
:) Kaos

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You all are doing such a wonderful job. How do you pick. Everyone is so beautiful/handsome...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

daisydog said...

Wally the Corgador gets our vote. We have never seen one of those before!

Eric said...

Mango man. Woohoo what amazing reports...I was just killing myself (you know us *ugh* terriers are prone to exaggeration) over the judging and sarcy old Simon..heheee!! You are a wag!!

Eric xx

ocmist said...

Dott's Master says to tell you that Dott would have said, "I would have voted for myself, but Mama didn't list me in time... too much going on around here..."