Friday, February 6, 2009

Mango Minster Esteemed Judges

Oh boy! I am getting super excited about Mango Minster! As you can see, the entries are flying in. You have until Noon on Sunday, 2/8 to submit your entry. See entry rules here.

The Mango is already suffering from a bit of sleep depravity. I have been eating caffeine coated foodables to stay awake.
Before I introduce our judges, let me tell you how the show will work. The day before each group is in the ring (see schedule on my banner), I will post all the show photos on my bloggy. You can play along at home by leaving a comment with your pick for the group. The next day, the actual group winner will be announced along with the "Reader's Choice" winner and both doggies get prizes. How cool is that?

The judges for Mango Minster have been carefully selected by my insightful and wise self based upon their wisdom and objectivity. I assure you that they are all of the finest character and completely immune to bribes, cohersion, huzzy or studmuffin photos, foodable offerings (LACIE), and threats of bodily harm.

And now, I give you the esteemed Mango Minster judges...


Judging the Toy Group,

Eduardo!

Toy doggies are super snugglers and who best to judge than Eduardo the professional snuggle puggle! Here he is getting in the proper frame of mind by creating an environment of peace and good vibes.

Judging the Sporting Group,



Dennis!

Dennis is quite an experienced judge as you can see from this photo and is certainly not shy about expressing his opinions (oh, sporting dogs beware).


Judging the Hound Group,



Lacie!

Hey, I figured hounds are like the anti-Lacie, right? They have beautiful singing voices, are easy going, and know how to enjoy a good meditation. Plus they tend not to have long hair so she won't be practicing her furminator skills on any of them in the ring.



Judging the Herding Group,


Miss Kylie!

Equally at home in the water or on the field, Miss Kylie is a versatile doggie who loves working off her excess energy with a good swim at the Y or a quick jaunt on her trusty treadmill. Watch out herding doggies, Miss Kylie will run rings around you.

Judging the Non-Sporting Group,



Joe Stains!

We all know that Joey is personally responsible for the recent Steelers Super Bowl win and he is just so, well, judge-like.


Judging the Working Group,


Bolo!

Let me tell you, this is one dog not afraid of a hard day's labor. After doling super smoochies with his mommy he still has the energy to rescue his daddy from work. Just look at that face! Dude!


Now, for the Terrier Group. Hey, I like a terrier as much as the next guy, but let's be real, terrier doggies can be a bit, well, intense! And some of them are sooooo competitive and bossy (LACIE). Subsequently, the Mango had to think long and hard to find a suitable judge for this most challenging group. One who would not be beguiled by the WFT's or cowed by the majestic Airedales. And so, I give you....



Judging the Terrier Group,


Penny, Poppy, AND Patches!

Penny was a little nervous as you can see from her hidden aire-tail, but she'll be fine, and these three are just the ticket to keep the terrier group under control.

Finally,




Best in Show Judge,

Miss Khyra!

Oh yeah, that's Miss Fluffy Tail. The queen of the walkie movie, the woo woo woo herself!


Now, some of you are thinking, "Oh Mango Man, if you are not judging will you be competing?" To which I reply, sadly, no. Because, seriously, if the Mango competed I would totally win right? I mean it just wouldn't be a competition given my relentlessly large and handsome self. It would be unfair, like Border Collies competing in agility. No contest, right?

No, the Mango prefers to be the "Voice of Mango Minster." So I will be providing you with the play by play action.

Mango Man!
Oh yeah!

26 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

I am sooooo honoured and sooooo excited!

I am humbly waving my fluffy tail in thanks!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: This judge will NOT be bribed!

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hey Mango! We decided to play too, hope that's ok? We just pee-mailed you. What a great choice of judges....and did you know that the candles in Eduardo's pic above smell of....Mangos!
Slobbers, humongous dude xx

The OP Pack said...

Woo should be tired, Mango - looks like there has been lots of planning and work going on there. We can't wait for the show to commence.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Pee Ess Woo, great panel of judges. And we all know MFT, aka Khyra, is the best of all, so why not be judge of the restof the best!!!

misskyliem said...

WOOF! This is going to be the best show ever! I am so honored to be your judge Mango! Let the games begin!!
Licks,
Kylie

Eduardo said...

BOL! My crazy mom forgot to send you a picture but I like what you did! I'm so ready for this!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
All of them will be pawesome judges!
We are going to have lots of fun!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

PS I sent you my pictures!

Stella said...

I never dreamed, especially during those three months in the slammer, that I could compete in an upstanding dog show like MangoMinster. What a thrill!

Thanks, Mango, for the great idea and all your hard work!

Kisses,
Stella

Asta said...

Mango
Thank you fow youw tiweless wowk..I think it will be splendid show..I hope all the gwoups will submit tons of contestants..we have some of the bestest dogs on the planet in DWB
let the show begin!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Amber said...

Looks like a furbulous group of judges! Way to pick Mango! :)

Kisses,
Nala

Stanley said...

I'm hoping that within the next year or so your dog show will surpass Westminster! (How could it NOT?) We can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Choosing Lacie for the Hound judge was genius! Joe and all the other judges will be FABULOUS. Is the labradude entered? I didn't notice.

BTW, thanks for being the organizer. It's a thankless job, but OH so rewarding. You should be feeling that inner glow soon.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Tom and Tama-Chan said...

That's a very impressive array of judges! I pee-mailed my entry (for the sporting group) in yesterday and hope you received it. If you did not, please let me know!

TOM
http://thepoupounette.blogspot.com/

Martha Basset said...

We have popped over from Oscar, Tucker and Tinkerbell to have a look at your competition. Can we first of all say that you are a very big dog!!!!!!!!!!!!
We like the look of your judging panel - sounds like fun. We will ask mum to help us send a peemail today.
Nice to meet you
martha & bailey xx

Maggie and Mitch said...

Great choices on the judges, Mango! You look really sad to not be competing! You have to find a way to sneak yourself in there! We won't tell! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

Lacie judging the hounds was absolute genius! You're right...she won't be able to furminate them! Great choices on all the judges...even US!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Mason Dixie said...

I am so excited, can not wait to see the competition. =)

Moco said...

A fine set of judges you were able to procur.

Pamela, Kira and Scampi said...

So glad we found you, you sure a fun pup!
I am looking forward to this!
-Kira, The Florida Siberian

Georgeous said...

Wow Mango, you really know dogs in high places, what a superb line up of judges. Have fun and do try to fit some meditation time in fella.
Snuffs George

Murphy Dogg said...

OMD, I'm totally excited for Mango-minster!
Great judges, too.
And you will make a most excellent Master of Ceremonies.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh I have just caught up with your competition Mango.

Just about to enter, although I am not sure which category I am in, apart from the fact I now I am not in the Toy category!

Marvin xxxxxxxx

Sophie Brador said...

Mango, Can we rearrange some of those judges and categories, because I just know I stand an excellent chance of winning if Joe is my judge.

xo
SB

Joe Stains said...

I am so honored, what a panel of judges! Sophie threatened to enter the Non-Sporting group, but I think that might make my brain explode. I hope she reconsiders.

daisydog said...

Wow what a select panel of judges! I pee mailed my entry this morning! We are looking forward to the contest!

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

What a great panel of judges...

I just had my photo shoot, but my Mom is a terrible photographer...

I picked out a few that are OK, but after my Mom is done with the Saturday house cleaning we are gonna try again...

I'll have my photos to you by tonite...

I'm sorry I'm sooo late, but I at the mercy of the Mom, & you know how that is...

Abby xxxooo

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello mango its dennis the vizsla dog hay that is sertinly a distingwishd panel of judges and dont wurry evrybuddy i wont let simon be too meen if he is i wil pee on him ha ha ok bye

Nibbles Treats said...

Mango - you crack us up! We want to grow up to be just like you!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker