Monday, February 2, 2009

ROTE and Dye Your Ears

Of course when asked if I wanted to go on the Running of the Errands yesterday I said yes!Look at the Pee-Wee! All sad that he can't go along. Hey, the ROTE is for full sized doggies only!

Boarding the Mastiff Mobile must never be done in haste. I always give careful consideration to which of my large and striped footies to place in first.

Followed by hoisting my round and muscular hiney up (usually with an assist from Momma). No foolish jumping about for the Mango.

Ready to roll!

On this particular trip, I was quite attentive to my surroundings. After all, I have been ROTE deprived for several weeks and needed to be sure we reached an appropriate destination.

Sure enough, first stop... the Doggie Store. This is a picture of the "store dog." I think perhaps Wally's sissy Ethel is moonlighting at the doggie store.

Whatever. As long as I get my car cookie. Yesterday it was a bear (or is that Behr).

Our next stop was not nearly as interesting.

Ho hum...

I guarded my 30 pound bag of kibbles whilst Momma shopped for more curtains. So this is where my special orthopedic mattress wound up. Do kibbles really need a mattress?

Home at last. Hmm... notice the stash of toys on the shelves to my right. Normally I would select one to bring into the yard with me, but I knew there were better things than a jolly ball in the doggie store bag.

Apparently so did the squirt because he was right out the door.

Check it out! A Mango sized meaty bone.

That's what I'm talkin about.

Today, when Master was ready to go to work, he asked me to go out, but I was too busy meditating. Sometime during the afternoon, I started to feel funny and when Momma got home she said I had the Dye Your Ears in the kitchen and the living room (maybe too much meaty bone).

But she said, "When a Mastiff gets Dye Your Ears its something SPECIAL!" So that's a good thing, right? But to be honest, I still feel a bit woogy. Clearly, the Mango is a sensitive chap with a most delicate digestive. Think I better lie down a bit.


Mango Man! Oh yeah!

25 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

I hope woo kept it somewhat khontained?

Or did woo grab a khurtain to khover it?

I'm glad woo got to resume ROTE Duty!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: My verifikhation word might have been something to help your dye: epticat

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

I hope you are feeling better now...

Abby xxxooo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Sure it was nice to go out and run errands with your Mom! This time you had a yummy bear cookie!
Are you feeling better now?
I hope so!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The OP Pack said...

Poor Mango, did woo spend too much time in the sun in the Mastiff Mobile? Hope the Dye Your Ears passes quickly and that is not meant as a pun.

Woos, the OP Pack

Randi said...

Awww Mango...I'm sorry your big tum tum is feeling a little ho-hum...thats not good...but meaty bone sure looked yummers...well worth the dye-your-ears for sure!

How come Mr. Pee Wee has to stay home for the ROTE? Maybe you need a bigger Mango Mobile...like a Mango Semi...

Love & Licks,
Randi

Tibby said...

Hi Mango!
I'm glad you got to do the ROTE with your mom! That meaty bone looks yummy, I hope your tummy feels better soon!
:) Tibby

Amber said...

Hope you feel better soon Mango but I bet the meaty bone was worth it. ;) That is so cool that you got to go with your Momma! Poor Dexter though. :( Oh well, it was your turn I suppose. Feel better friend!

Kisses,
Nala

Dewey Dewster said...

Oh Mango...

Ya have ta take yer time when yer eatin' those bones....we found out the hard way...yep, the digestive system just isn't up ta that kinda abuse....'n it's hard ta clean up too...

Dewey Dewster here....

Moco said...

Good to see you out on the ROTE again. How did your town survive without you out and about? Hope you are feeling better. That dye your ears is not good at all.

Scottie the 'cutie' said...

Ooh...your ROTE is so cool! The bear cookie looks yummy, as usual! *grins* Hope you're feeling better after the Dye Your Ears...too much of a good thing,eh?

Scottie

Joe Stains said...

oh my I don't even want to contemplate the flooding that occurs when you are not regular. WOW. Glad you got to do the ROTE tho.

Bae Bae said...

Looks like you had a pawsome bear cookie. :)
I hope you're feeling better now

~ Bae

Maggie and Mitch said...

Mom always pushes most of the marrow out of our bones before she gives them to us for this reason! Geez, that's the best part!
Your teddy cookie sure looked good! You sure got the royal treatment yesterday, Mango, except for the dye your ears!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Suzuki said...

Hi Mango
I hope you are feeling better now. Yes Jimmy Rabbit was a very cool little dude :( we will miss him.
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Scruff said...

Hi Mango
Thats a very tasty looking bear you have there. Feel like sharing?
Gruffs from the Scruff

Mack said...

Oh NO! I hope your tum is better. I bet you leave some whopper poops!

Winterdark said...

Wow, sounds like you have all the fun Mango. Hope you're feeling better. Did you Dye Dexter's ears too?
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Snowball said...

LOL Mango, you got me wondering what Dye Your Ear is all about before I finally managed to figure it out. I hope you are feeling better. I get constipation if I had too much bone.

All your car cookies look cute. I bet they must be tasty too.

Luv
Snowball

Gus said...

we hope the Mango Man is feeling better, and are sorry about the dye your ears...it is much more special than when Teka or Gussie has it, we are sure

gussie

Nibbles Treats said...

What a bone, you lucky guy! Tuck usually heaves in the car whenever we go anywhere so we think you are Superman for holding it in. Hang in there Big Guy!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Ludo van puppy said...

Oh noes Mango. I bet when you has dyeyourears it is hugeumongous. hehehe! I glad you had fun helping with the errands. Feel better soon.
~lickies, Ludo

Eric said...

The cookie and the bone looked worth it pal.Um..after you've finished being special if you spare bone ....post it over..to a treatless boy.

Wiry wags, Eric xx

wally said...

Oh my--it looks like Oscar Bean might be moonlighting up in Master Chew Sits! whew.

So sorry about the Dye Your Ears. We sometimes have that issue around here after eating the meaty bones, especially my sissy. This weekend we had marrow bones and someone said I might have had some gas emissions. Whatever. I say she who smelt it, dealt it!

wally t.

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello mango its dennis the vizsla dog hay is the running of the errands like the running of the bulls??? becuz i hav herd that the running of the bulls can be daynjerus and maybe thats wot cauzd the running of the dye your eerz hoo nos but hope yoo feel better soon ok bye

Lady Kaos said...

I wish we had a cool doggie store like that here in my town! Mom says she wouldn't use the word "special" to describe Mastiff Dye Your Ears. She says Lab is bad enough. Mom thinks my catbrother is special though so don't worry about what she thinks.
Kaos